quarantine special - a curated day of movies/tv from the surly community

henrygandorf

since we are all on quarantine (most of us being relatively worthless surly assholes) we need structure to fill our days.  so this is your chance to construct a full day of curated entertainment suiting your tastes, and offer it up to your collective surly family.  it's time to pull together.  here are the rules:

you can fill no more than a regular day.  it can be composed of movies, tv shows, any type of visual entertainment.  you can offer as much or as little as you want, but no more than a day.  you can obviously repeat what another poster has offered - this isn't the desert island game (but that was fun).  and as far as tv shows, you can assume the viewer has seen the show through at least once previously (no shame in a random season 3 episode of a classic show). 

you can just list titles, or you can give summaries and reasons why they're on your list. also, if these are available through some sort of streaming service, that would be helpful info.

so let's go...

the 2020 hg quarantine playlist:

10-10:30am - 30 rock s04e09 "klaus and greta" (hulu)  start out with something light.

10:30am-noon - "that thing you do" (hulu) a nearly perfect movie.  get well, tom.

12-1pm - the west wing s02e16 "somebody's going to emergency, somebody's going to jail" (netflix)  a great standalone episode (the 2nd big block of cheese day)

1-1:30pm - parks and rec s03e13 "the fight" (hulu/netflix)  snake juice.

1:30-2pm - brooklyn nine-nine s04e09 "the overmining" (hulu) "you have the right to remain silent...come on and party tonight."

2pm-3:30pm - lost s03e22/23 "through the looking glass" (hulu) not. penny's. boat.

3:30-4pm - better off ted s02e11 "mess of a salesman" (hulu) if you haven't seen this show, this is a good starting point. #dealwithit

4pm-6pm - "eight men out" (primie/crackle) this is the time of day when baseball would normally be starting for me.  dammit.

6pm-7pm - mad men s05e05 "signal 30" (netflix) "i'm trying to time it right.  i want to hit the doorbell with my chin."

7pm-9pm - "big night" (hulu, crackle) i mean, it's dinner time, what more do you want?

9pm-9:30pm - seinfeld s06e11 "the switch" (hulu) "do you ever just get down on your knees, and thank god that you have access to me, and my dementia?"

9:30pm-10pm - the larry sanders show s04e07 "hank's sex tape" (hbo now) "sex is not a crime, it's a consensual act between two or more people..."

10pm-midnight - "the sting" (prime or tubi, wtf is tubi?)  finish off the day with a caper from the 1930's and my personal #1

ok surly, whatchu got?

• Like 1

based on what is currently available on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and youtube.

9-11. Get the Gringo (get into the lockdown mood)

11-12:30 Clue (trapped in a house, likely someone will kill someone else)

12:30-1 Youtube some Slim Charles scenes of The Wire - "That was for Joe." "Bona Fide Church Lady." "Night of Jackal shit"

1-2 Tom Segura stand up

2-3:30 Raiders of the Lost Ark, ff from getting the ark until the sub base. 

3:30-6:30 Band of Brothers, Curahee, Bastogne, Why We Fight

6:30-8:30 Shawshank (reminder of lockup before you go to sleep)

8:30-9:30 Pulp Fiction scenes - Honey Bunny, You Flock of Seagulls, You Hear that Hill Billy Boy?, Just Don't Dig on Swine That's All.

9:30-10 Youtube two Seth Meyers A Closer Look 

• Like 1