Government sucks: trying to contact to make hospital gowns

I've sent an email to my congressman, ratcliff on sunday, finally got a reply wednesday to email fema. Emailed Fema that day no response. Emailed texas.gov/#covid19 this morning with no response. Wanting to make hospital gowns to help out.

Any of yall know anybody in austin that I can call or email to get this going? Super frustrating.

• Like 3

I don't know if it's still true or not, but hospitals used to be signed up with these massive corporations (McKesson, Medline) that bought all their shit and stocked their shelves for basically a flat and ginormous annual fee.

It became a problem for Retractable Syringe when they couldn't get their hypes into hospitals and they had to sue under antitrust theories.

It's also why cost accounting in hospitals is so fucked up.  They don't have an inventory cost for things, so they just make something up, basically.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I think PPE salesman would have to be the easiest job in the world right now.
Yea, taking orders is prolly pretty easy.

I left a VM with your buddy earlier. I got some texts from a friend who took pics of some gowns at a local hospital. All made in china and really thin disposable fabrics. I will give him another shout but damn, I bet our usa made stuff will be silly expensive. Having said that these would be reusable for 70 washings for bacteria and viruses per the fabric mfger

Can you make N95? Asking for a friend.
Yea no kidding. But no.

Been working on this shit all day until now, a good 15 hours.

We can now make surgeon gowns, patient gowns, simple masks, and skull caps. I have some yardage of medical fabric getting next day aired coming in tomorrow for us to see if we can sew it. Fema.gov sucks ass, I filled out some excel form that took a good 45 minutes right when they sent the request at 9a and still no reply. They want to do a tour of my facility for some reason but they can kiss my ass on that. I wont allow that. Amazing. So, I am working with local hospitals that want shit.

Somehow 3 newspapers have found out what we are doing to help. I want no pat on the back, I'm doing this to keep my people working and making a difference.
  • Like 3

Here is The National Clearinghouse website to connect healthcare providers with critical equipment.  They get personal protective equipment to front line medical workers across America. Items like gowns, gloves, ventilators, and masks.  The website connects healthcare providers and PPE suppliers.
https://www.projectn95.org/
Yea we saw that a few days ago and an employee filled something out. I looked in to it and the website was created last week. March 19th to be exact. Yea, not national clearinghouse of anything.

9 hours ago, EE2B said:

If you start making masks I want to buy some for my wife to wear at work. I’ll even drive across the neighborhood and pick them up emoji2.png

It will be a shorter drive if she goes when she leaves from my joint. Plus it will give you time to get her breakfast ready for when she gets home.

• Like 1

Great job Stanco! I have a few neighbors who are nurses and doctors here in Houston. I'll pass this on to them.

Anyway to order some masks for the family? Link on your website?
I get requests hourly. We are prioritizing texas. We logistically cant send out 20 here 50 there. Healthcare systems are ordering 50k to 500k at a time.

Cool local story though: https://www.casscountynow.com/news/local-manufacturer-produce-equipment-healthcare-providers#.Xoep8SjNVVU.facebook
  • Like 4

Very nice! I’m a manufacturer of ceramic products. I’ve beat my head against the wall trying to figure some way to retrofit our processes to help, but I just can’t come up with anything. Extruding and pressing clay to make porcelain is kinda outside the realm of any ppe

• 2 weeks later...

Buddy is running into the same issue. Keeps being told to register with SAMS but the system takes up to 6-8 weeks to process. He is sitting on EU equipment, contacted every group he can image at the federal/state level and no one reaches out. So he has to use a US company which jacks up the price. 

Procurement at its finest.