Dazed and Confused

Knoxtnhorn

On 3/27/2020 at 11:40 PM, Brisketexan said:

Pickford’s mom was my landlord in law school.
She was a pretty nice-looking gal, for real.

32987421b9c6bacce1f40b9316c86a46.jpg

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The lady who played Pickford’s mom was my landlady in law school. Pretty cool chick, nice looking too.

I love that story. Can you tell it again?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

The things I would do to Parker Posey.

I think Everybody Wants Some is less popular than Dazed because everyone had the high school experience.  A small fraction had the experience on playing sports at any level in college. 

• Hook 'Em 4

18 hours ago, futureman said:

the old coach or the one with the 6’3” 250 4.5 forty grandma? because the old coach was kind of a prick. 

The QB got caught partying on school grounds at dawn and the cops called the coach.  I think the coach is pretty cool about it.  if anything, it might be pink who was kind of a prick.  

6 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

The QB got caught partying on school grounds at dawn and the cops called the coach.  I think the coach is pretty cool about it.  if anything, it might be pink who was kind of a prick.  

Yeah well.  He might play ball (because it is his choice, clearly), but he will never sign that.

46 minutes ago, mdleast said:

No…there is a top priority of the summer

e5b44afe52810c22de5c997e70a3142b.jpg

Anaheim stadium? Jesus they were driving a long way from Austin to see Aerosmith. 

The same people saying the coach was a prick are on the football forum trashing the players who aren't getting it done and saying the coaches are too weak. That coach was lenient on that day. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/2/2020 at 7:59 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

It’s surprising that some of y’all don’t know the location of the more common spots. But I am probably just a little too into to that kind of thing.

The junior high is up in Georgetown. It has a Texas historical marker out front which is very briefly visible in the movie, which takes place in 1976. But if I remember correctly, those markers weren’t being used into 1977. I don’t think I have ever seen that mentioned when discussing “errors”.

I don’t recall if the criterion collection edition includes deleted scenes. I think one was the 3 dorks stealing beer out of someone’s garage.

A thread like this would be fun for Fandango. I thought I found the location of where Truman lands the plane near a grove of pecans but now can’t find it again.

Fandango movie: Filming Locations (ultimatefandango.com)

This might give ya' something to go shoot for.  See what I did there?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Pink definitely was but he was written to be the kid who is pressured into playing football because of his skill for it but hates the game and doesn't want to play. Kind of odd, especially in Texas, to think 5'9" and 160 lbs or so Jason London would be that skilled at QB that he couldn't easily be replaced and anyone would care if he plays but I guess anything is possible. 

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Pink definitely was but he was written to be the kid who is pressured into playing football because of his skill for it but hates the game and doesn't want to play. Kind of odd, especially in Texas, to think 5'9" and 160 lbs or so Jason London would be that skilled at QB that he couldn't easily be replaced and anyone would care if he plays but I guess anything is possible. 

I laugh at that scene where the old man says, "this arm ready to throw about 2000 yards next fall"

1.  Jason London's noodle arm ain't throwing for 200 yards much less 2000

2.  It's 1976, who the fuck THROWS for 2000 yards in 1976 Texas HS football.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

you don’t think a kid can be be 5’9” 160 in high school and be an elite quarterback?  have you ever in your life watched high school football?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Anaheim stadium? Jesus they were driving a long way from Austin to see Aerosmith. 
The same people saying the coach was a prick are on the football forum trashing the players who aren't getting it done and saying the coaches are too weak. That coach was lenient on that day. 

This is correct and the coach put himself in this position. Most coaches would have had a conversation with his qb and captains before putting that out.
  • Like 1

I laugh at that scene where the old man says, "this arm ready to throw about 2000 yards next fall"

Or he could just be exaggerating like every other old person …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, futureman said:

you don’t think a kid can be be 5’9” 160 in high school and be an elite quarterback?  have you ever in your life watched high school football?

Could happen. Doesn't happen often to have a QB that skinny like London was be "elite". I can't think of one. 

Of course I wasn't around in the 1970s so I'm going off of 2000s era HS kids. And the team I played for didn't have great QBs but they were solid and both over 6 ft and over 190 lbs and muscular builds. The QBs we played against were almost all bigger guys. Of course I don't know about 1A or 6 man or any of that. 

5 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Really?  

0b06f62810af7dfd70affd5aa2402546

BakerMayfieldThumb.jpg

Edited by Beau Vine

5 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Kind of odd, especially in Texas, to think 5'9" and 160 lbs or so Jason London would be that skilled at QB that he couldn't easily be replaced and anyone would care if he plays but I guess anything is possible. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnC0ndveFz_oG5dHwbIQH

• 4 weeks later...

Just read the entire making of book in one day. 400 pages. Fucking awesome. Cannot wait to go watch the movie now. Especially for those who grew up in Austin (though Huntsville was the main inspiration), this was an awesome read. Highly recommend. Gives the movie a much deeper feeling. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/22/2022 at 11:19 AM, Hermanator said:

Could happen. Doesn't happen often to have a QB that skinny like London was be "elite". I can't think of one. 

Of course I wasn't around in the 1970s so I'm going off of 2000s era HS kids. And the team I played for didn't have great QBs but they were solid and both over 6 ft and over 190 lbs and muscular builds. The QBs we played against were almost all bigger guys. Of course I don't know about 1A or 6 man or any of that. 

Allen Iverson?

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Just read the entire making of book in one day. 400 pages. Fucking awesome. Cannot wait to go watch the movie now. Especially for those who grew up in Austin (though Huntsville was the main inspiration), this was an awesome read. Highly recommend. Gives the movie a much deeper feeling. 

The audio book has conversation with Rich and the author that was really good as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/22/2022 at 11:19 AM, Hermanator said:

Doesn't happen often to have a QB that skinny like London was be "elite". I can't think of one. 

in high school there have been too many to count. if by “elite” we’re talking about all-district (maybe all-state) which is all pink was supposed to be. he wasn’t some all-time talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, futureman said:

in high school there have been too many to count. if by “elite” we’re talking about all-district (maybe all-state) which is all pink was supposed to be. he wasn’t some all-time talent. 

Yep if this is Huntsville, aka small-town Texas football, winning district is all that arm has to do. Not all programs are CenTex in 2022. There used to be parity. We used to be a proper state. 

9 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Yep if this is Huntsville, aka small-town Texas football, winning district is all that arm has to do. Not all programs are CenTex in 2022. There used to be parity. We used to be a proper state. 

In the movie Benny talked about them having a real shot at winning state during the scene in the truck at the moon tower. So not D1 4 star recruit but not just looking to win district either. 

33 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

In the movie Benny talked about them having a real shot at winning state during the scene in the truck at the moon tower. So not D1 4 star recruit but not just looking to win district either. 

yeah and I’d say over the last 60 years in texas there have been hundreds of kids as skinny or skinnier than pink that took their teams to state. 

Assuming Lee is Huntsville HS (which by all accounts, it is) according to Google, the Hornets went 10-1 in 1976, which means they went undefeated in the regular season only to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs. They would win it all in 1980, though. The year after Mitch Kramer graduated. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hermanator said:

And Benny's dumb ass wound up on a ranch without any ID, and married to a crazy woman.  American dream!

9 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

Assuming Lee is Huntsville HS (which by all accounts, it is) according to Google, the Hornets went 10-1 in 1976, which means they went undefeated in the regular season only to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs. They would win it all in 1980, though. The year after Mitch Kramer graduated. 

But the line/question isn't about Mitch's year, it's about Randall "Pink" Floyd's year, which is Fall 1976.  Don't know what that looks like though.