COVID 19 - Who's Stepping Up With $

Wally Pryor

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

We are donating our stimulus credit by not being eligible to receive it. I feel pretty good about it.

Like you, I'm not eligible, but the market bump helps more plus it was the right thing to do.  

Russel Willson put $1MM in for meals in Seattle.

• Like 1

Our social distancing and shutdown efforts may be having an effect, according to the "US health weather map"

https://healthweather.us/

Kinsa makes wifi thermometers and uses the collected data to forecast hot spots of disease.  They make a public national "weather map" showing trends and with the ability to drill down to any county.  Around Feb 29th, the amount of people with a high fever started to increase and deviate from their expected seasonal model.  The deviation kept getting worse until about Mar 19th.  The trend then reversed sharply, fell through the expected range, and is now below the expected range for this time of year.  If you drill down to counties, you can see this happening all over the country, but in different degrees.

So, something is happening.  Either normally healthy people are taking their temperature more than expected and the weather map does not account for that, or social distancing is working, or some other factor is at play.

(sorry folks, I meant to post this in the main thread!)

Edited by Texas Jeff

Donated money to my haircut place, the place that boards our dogs, the vet, meals to strangers at TSO delivery. Order food from local restaurants and way over tip delivery people. I’m blessed to still have a job in this fuckshow. 

anyone with links to other austin places of need. Please post 

• Like 1

Picking up at Maudie's the other day. Bitch in front of me left her signed receipt on the counter. $10 tip on a $90 order. I tipped $40 on a $41 order. I didn't want to get too crazy.

Should've got the gash's name. Left in a new Lexus.

Before the restaurant shut down, we slipped our favorite waiter a fitty. He's a new first time daddy.

We also donated for the school lunch program while the schools are closed. We'll donate on-going as long as this shit lasts.

If we're paying our bills and not going hungry, we can certainly help out. It's the right thing to do.

• Like 4

Picking up at Maudie's the other day. Bitch in front of me left her signed receipt on the counter. $10 tip on a $90 order. I tipped $40 on a $41 order. I didn't want to get too crazy.
Before the restaurant shut down, we slipped our favorite waiter a fitty. He's a new first time daddy.
We also donated for the school lunch program while the schools are closed. We'll donate on-going as long as this shit lasts.
If we're paying our bills and not going hungry, we can certainly help out. It's the right thing to do.
You don't know her situation. She could have just lost her job too.

36 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Yep. No shortage of people need help. From a human perspective that $50 to the waiter brightens his outlook about humanity and the world. 

4 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
37 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

You don't know her situation. She could have just lost her job too.

Nah, she was asking about the different wine offerings, etc. I feel comfortable as fuck that she was just cheap. People that just lost their job don't order take out from Maudie's with a bottle of wine.

3 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Kind of interesting that for things like this there it's no consideration of cost of living.  How much does 75k in NYC or SF compare to eagle pass? 

Cost of living is a choice.  Legislation like this is complicated enough.  We don’t need to research cost of living for every town in America to hold it up. The picked a number nearly double the median income of American workers.  It’s enough. It may not be as comfortable in one city as it is in another but it’s enough.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If I am am Bezos I am funding a test at home kit sent direct to door for every American. Step up man.  

Sorry Jeff Bezos already allocated money to the urgent threat of climate change. (I’m sure the endgame is banking coin in it.)

Overall the ultra rich have been very disappointing. Ballmer’s the only one I can think of that directly is doing something. Usually I think it’s lame to publicly claim credit for this kind of thing, but it seems these guys need to be guilted into doing it. 

Where’s Grandpa Warren? Too busy waiting on his newest bailout. Ultimate scumbag. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, I see that angle.  But Bezos has the distribution network already in place. These billionaires need to voltron up and do something good for the world. 

Don't forget that these billionaires did not make their money by caring about other people.