Eqypt is to blame? Black Sarcophagus

crash_davis

This thing was opened in July 2018. Maybe the curse takes awhile to get going.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/were-learning-more-about-inhabitants-dark-sarcophagus-180970085/

It also seems the danger of the sarcophagus unleashing a curse upon the world has passed, since the coffin has been open for over a month and most of us are still around. “I was the first to put my whole head inside the sarcophagus... and here I stand before you ... I am fine,” Mostafa Waziri, secretary-general of the Supreme Council of Antiquities told reporters after opening it in July. “We’ve opened it and, thank God, the world has not fallen into darkness.”

5b50e1da260a2924008b485b?width=1900&form

fyh6gWwnV9fPtmzzdXU7PR.jpg

Edited by crash_davis

How's this for a hypothetical. Anybody can submit a bid on how much they would have to get paid to drink a pint glass of that mummy soup. There would be no analysis of the liquid beforehand, but you would be guaranteed top medical care should it be required. Low bid wins the honor. What would the winning bid be? I'd like to think pretty damn high, but then again, people are licking toilet seats during a pandemic for Instagram likes. Would some social media douche like Logan Paul  pay for the notoriety?

On further reflection, and actually reading the article, it seems certain somebody would pay for that honor. How would the bidding change if we limit the candidate pool to only posters on Surly? How about only a shot glass which would make it far easier to get down?

Edited by Blotto

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

what IS that? any actual bodily fluids or substances would have long since evaporated... right?? if that's just like groundwater or rain leakage or something, why is it red?

gross *shudder*

It's piss

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blotto said:

How's this for a hypothetical. Anybody can submit a bid on how much they would have to get paid to drink a pint glass of that mummy soup. There would be no analysis of the liquid beforehand, but you would be guaranteed top medical care should it be required. Low bid wins the honor. What would the winning bid be? I'd like to think pretty damn high, but then again, people are licking toilet seats during a pandemic for Instagram likes. Would some social media douche like Logan Paul  pay for the notoriety?

On further reflection, and actually reading the article, it seems certain somebody would pay for that honor. How would the bidding change if we limit the candidate pool to only posters on Surly? How about only a shot glass which would make it far easier to get down?

Tree fiddy.