2020-2021 NCAA (maybe???) basketball season thread

Pancho

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Actually you’re wrong.  Better conference than it’s been in a while.

The highest rated team according to ken pom is USC @ 17.  The B12 has 5 teams ranked ahead of them.  Being the tallest midget doesn't mean you're tall.   

Ultimately; we'll find out how good the Pac is during the tournament.  

AP Top 10 vs. NET Top 10

Gonzaga (1 - 1)

Baylor (2 - 2)

Villanova (3 - 7)

Texas (4 - 9)

Iowa (5 - 5)

Kansas (6 - 13)

Michigan (7 - 4)

Creighton (8 - 14)

Wisconsin (9 - 10)

Tennessee (10 - 3)

Learn me on why teams like Illinois are getting such love in NET? 9-4 with losses to #73 Missouri and #35 Maryland?  Texas has wins over #13, #26, #36, #43, #52 and only a single loss to #7. 

Edited by Js1

20 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Might be a good time to jump on the Bama bandwagon, fun team to watch and about to go 5-0 in SEC after road wins in Knoxville, Auburn and tonight Lexington.  

At least you got Tshibwe for next year?

On 1/11/2021 at 11:14 AM, Js1 said:

Learn me on why teams like Illinois are getting such love in NET? 9-4 with losses to #73 Missouri and #35 Maryland?  Texas has wins over #13, #26, #36, #43, #52 and only a single loss to #7. 

I have no idea. NET seems poorly conceived and I made a similar point earlier in the season. Illinois other three losses (now) are to tOSU and Mizzou who are both good not great (maybe Tech level) and by 13 to Baylor. Their best win is by 27 against Minnesota and Duke on the "road" I guess? They seem like a perfectly mediocre tournament team.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I have no idea. NET seems poorly conceived and I made a similar point earlier in the season. Illinois other three losses (now) are to tOSU and Mizzou who are both good not great (maybe Tech level) and by 13 to Baylor. Their best win is by 27 against Minnesota and Duke on the "road" I guess? They seem like a perfectly mediocre tournament team.

The updated for this week is even worse. Colorado, Virginia and drake are ahead of Texas. Who is 13th...

44 minutes ago, Underdog said:

At one point UCLA, IU and UL were also unranked along with these 3.  

Another impressive road win by Bama...  23 3s made...  Jesus. 

Yeah, Alabama was scoring like crazy. I flipped over from the Pitt game during a commercial and Alabama had 96, or 94, points with just over 7 minutes to play.

29 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

4 teams from the state of Texas are in the AP top 10 right now. Still crazy that only one D1 team from the state has ever won a title. Several close calls!

Who has ever made the title game besides Tech and Texas Western?