Blippi is a sign that God hates parents and wants us to suffer

Rimbo

On 7/3/2020 at 6:39 AM, BradInATX said:

Wife and I couldn't take blippy so we stopped letting our 2 year old watch it and tried a bunch of other stuff. He liked Steve and Maggie even better. It's pretty annoying, it's a British guy and a bird puppet that's just him in falsetto. But it's educational and Steve isn't a pedophile who shits on his friends so there's that.

Blippy is not just annoying but he's creepy and doesn't provide any sort of education potential.

Nonsense. My son now knows the names of all different types of construction vehicles. 

Im gonna take the contrarian stance and say the show is terrible, but some of the songs are quite catchy. It’s a harmless show. 

Blippi used to be the bane of my existence. But now my son has discovered these motherfuckers:

There's apparently a whole genre of stupidly overedited videos like this, and google reports about these kids' net worth have me wanting to walk into the ocean. Hot mom isn't even enough to save these videos.

Blippi sucks, but 10 minutes of this shit has me longing for that goddamn excavator. 

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 2/22/2021 at 3:38 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Miss Appleberry from CoComelon could get it.

spacer.png

CoComelon needs to be shot into the fucking sun.  Fuck that damn show and the terrible songs.  “Are we there yet?”   Fuck you motherfucker!!!!!!

and as often as I have to take the daughter to see specialty docs for followups from her surgery and what not, I can’t ever go and not sing “Time for your checkup” from Doc McStuffins.  

On 7/5/2020 at 1:15 PM, Rimbo said:

OK, now she wants to watch Shimmer and Shine.

It's... actually really charming.

Also, the "bad guy" in the stories is... really not terrible or bad in any way. We saw an episode where the little brat and her two genies turn themselves into babies, and what does Big Bad Zeta do? She makes them a bed and tucks them in

also Zeta might be my type

Someone told me that If you get stoned to bejeezus “Shimmer and Shine” is amazing.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

CoComelon needs to be shot into the fucking sun.  Fuck that damn show and the terrible songs.  “Are we there yet?”   Fuck you motherfucker!!!!!!

and as often as I have to take the daughter to see specialty docs for followups from her surgery and what not, I can’t ever go and not sing “Time for your checkup” from Doc McStuffins.  

I really liked McStuffins, though my kids outgrew it quickly.  The little jokes where the snowman fails to realize the implications of his very existence, a family that’s not pasty white, the message was good about not fearing doctors, it was upbeat without being corny, hell Michelle Obama was on it...it toed a good line for very young kids shows.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I really liked McStuffins, though my kids outgrew it quickly.  The little jokes where the snowman fails to realize the implications of his very existence, a family that’s not pasty white, the message was good about not fearing doctors, it was upbeat without being corny, hell Michelle Obama was on it...it toed a good line for very young kids shows.  

Yeah, I wasn't implying I don't like McStuffins by any means.  I pretty much agree with your sentiment.  Nevertheless, I get that damn song stuck in my head something fierce.  I'll wake up humming the shit.  But I can deal with it, the daughter bounces around and laughs and smiles anytime we turn it on.  That's worth it to me.  

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Yeah, I wasn't implying I don't like McStuffins by any means.  I pretty much agree with your sentiment.  Nevertheless, I get that damn song stuck in my head something fierce.  I'll wake up humming the shit.  But I can deal with it, the daughter bounces around and laughs and smiles anytime we turn it on.  That's worth it to me.  

Oh yeah dude wasn’t implying you were raging against the show...I hadn’t thought about that one in awhile and I brought back good memories of where I’d drink beer and watch shows with my first before we entered the Tablet Age.  Looks like my reading comprehension has reached its TIME FOR A CHECKUP TIME FOR A CHECKUP

My 3 year old has moved on to Booba, a weird small caveman looking creature who doesn't talk and gets into silly antics. Its from Russian, Ukranian, or some Eastern Block country based on the ending credits. There are far worse things out there but I'm ready for him to outgrow it, he sometimes goes to Paw Patrol.

36 minutes ago, 'stache said:

My 3 year old has moved on to Booba, a weird small caveman looking creature who doesn't talk and gets into silly antics. Its from Russian, Ukranian, or some Eastern Block country based on the ending credits. There are far worse things out there but I'm ready for him to outgrow it, he sometimes goes to Paw Patrol.

*Bloc 

• 8 months later...

It's been a while since I've read through this thread and I know it's already been mentioned a few times, but +1 for Bluey. Not only is it bearable to watch, I dare say it's enjoyable. The one where Bandit takes Bluey and Bingo to the pool by himself is as accurate of real life as just about anything I've seen

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Takeaway is the episode that best encapsulates the chaos that is parenting to me. It's a bush wee!

Yep.  

One kid has fucked up a fire hydrant and there is water spraying everywhere.

Birds are getting into the food

The dad is holding Bingo up for the bush wee and can't move

The only thing missing from Takeway is as all of that shit happening, the camera zooms in on the dad's face, and then Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence chiming in "HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND" 

ifc hello darkness my old friend GIF

• Like 1

I'm late to the thread, but almost as bad as blippi are what I like to call the unholy trinity. 

Nastya

Diana and Roma 

Vlad and Nikki 

Totally mindless content. All three basically the exact same thing, and all three are top 10 on YouTube. 

Like others have said, it doesn't get better than Bluey. 

Trash Truck on Netflix is another good one. 

Edited by Kwix

8 hours ago, Mighty fine said:

It's been a while since I've read through this thread and I know it's already been mentioned a few times, but +1 for Bluey. Not only is it bearable to watch, I dare say it's enjoyable. The one where Bandit takes Bluey and Bingo to the pool by himself is as accurate of real life as just about anything I've seen

Yeah I just hit the last page on this thread to recommend Bluey, and I see others have already done so. It's fantastic. It's one of the very, very few I actually enjoy watching with my kids. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This morning my 7 Year old daughter exposed me to a whole new genre of mindless YouTube content. There’s endless video complications of overachieving moms making their kids lunches. I saw several by this fat white mom aptly titled, The Family Fudge.

She then switched over to a mom that you could tell from her meals obviously had some kind of Asian background, Winny Hayes. Turns out she’s made a couple dad thirst trap videos as well. 

Edited by Satoshi

On 10/29/2021 at 12:45 AM, honolulu horn said:

Yeah I just hit the last page on this thread to recommend Bluey, and I see others have already done so. It's fantastic. It's one of the very, very few I actually enjoy watching with my kids. 

My daughter will fall asleep on the couch and I'll catch myself watching another 5 or 6 episodes.  I think it's an absolutely amazing mix of teaching children how to have creative fun while also humoring parents on the joy and difficulties of being a multi-tasking parent.  Really drives home being a kid at heart can make you a damn good parent.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, squeegeedegg said:

Blippi exploring museums, how things are made, and showcasing all kinds of machinery and vehicles beats the pants off of cocomelon or the inane Paw Patrol type animation shows.  Bluey is on another level though, has a ton of heart and really explores healthy family dynamics

Cocomelon makes me long for Cyberdyne to come through.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, squeegeedegg said:

Blippi exploring museums, how things are made, and showcasing all kinds of machinery and vehicles beats the pants off of cocomelon or the inane Paw Patrol type animation shows.  Bluey is on another level though, has a ton of heart and really explores healthy family dynamics

Yeah, it's better than Paw Patrol, but when there's Peppa, Bluey, and Tumble Leaf to be had... plus the entire PBS Kids line-up?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Yeah, it's better than Paw Patrol, but when there's Peppa, Bluey, and Tumble Leaf to be had... plus the entire PBS Kids line-up?

And don't forget Octonauts, which Netflix has brought back with a couple of movies and a new season that just dropped.  CREATURE REPORT!

Tumble Leaf...I wish there was another season or maybe 5 more.  I loved watching that show with both of my kids.

Netflix is getting into the stop motion game with the folks behind Shaun the Sheep.

• Like 1