Running Thread of Famous People With COVID 19

MaybeACoordinator

Ray Benson: 

Well folks, the bad news I've contracted the corona virus!! Been feeling tired for about 10 days! Went to be tested on the 21st! No tests so went home! Went back yesterday feelin the same tired out of it and they tested ... first call this mornin from lab sayin you got it!!
Hoping for the best don't have the usual symptoms but feel tired head ache no fever no cough!!
I'll be ok sure do miss playin music and seein everyone!
Stay well this shits serious!! I have been alone for the most part and wore mask washed hands used hand sanitizer still got it! Do not listen to right wing BS!
Peace Ray Benson

(He CR'd it, not me)

He hosted Willy’s Luck Reunion live broadcast on Facebook a couple of weeks ago as one of the 1st fund raisers for the covids. Would be real shitty if that’s when he caught it.

8 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

man i was telling my folks about how much this upset me but they couldn't comprehend.

Fuck

8 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

RIP Ellis Marsalis, most famous as the father of Wynton and Branford, bud also a badass bandleader and jazz teacher in New Orleans for decades. Over the years I've honed down my Christmas mix to the best of the best of the standards, and his "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" fills that slot. 

Double fuck. Last saw him a few years ago at Snug Harbor on Frenchman. A legend

19 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Adam Schlesinger, singer for Fountains of Wayne died today from Covid 19 complications.. 

There's a Stacey's Mom joke there somewhere, but I can't find it. 

15 hours ago, yoladu said:

he wrote : "That Thing You Do"

I went to the googles to see what he'd been up, thinking I'd find a story about a one-hit-wonder.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  The guy won a Grammy, won 3 Emmys, was nominated for several more, nominated for an Oscar and a Golden Globe.  Good stuff. 

One of his Emmy nominations includes the note, "For song 'We Tapped That Ass' from episode 'When Will Josh And His Friend Leave Me Alone?' "

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

I went to the googles to see what he'd been up, thinking I'd find a story about a one-hit-wonder.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  The guy won a Grammy, won 3 Emmys, was nominated for several more, nominated for an Oscar and a Golden Globe.  Good stuff. 

One of his Emmy nominations includes the note, "For song 'We Tapped That Ass' from episode 'When Will Josh And His Friend Leave Me Alone?' "

"Was that their only hit-wonder?" -- Dirtbike

• Like 2

Cristopher Cross.

In high school English class we did reports on famous people. One kid did Christopher Cross, and actually interviewed him. After he was done someone said “whoa how did you get an interview with him?”. Kid said “he’s my dad”. No one had any idea, and no his last name wasn’t Cross.
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

In high school English class we did reports on famous people. One kid did Christopher Cross, and actually interviewed him. After he was done someone said “whoa how did you get an interview with him?”. Kid said “he’s my dad”. No one had any idea, and no his last name wasn’t Cross.

Did you grow up in SA, ese?

On 4/1/2020 at 2:48 AM, futureman said:

I got drunk a few times in high school with ray’s kid.  no doubt several here know him. 

I met Ray at the Broken Spoke back in the 80s when he was playing for New Years. My impression was that he could be a complete dick when drunk, and he was quickly heading that direction. His kid probably inherited that gene  

Don’t make a shit. I still bought his CDs. 

That fucker has become really annoying.  Douche move getting it, loves the attention he's getting from getting it.

Was watching CNN interview some guy that was apparently self quarantining himself. Didn’t think much of until the a banner at the bottom of the screen indicated it was Chris Cuomo. Me- “No fucking way! That’s Cuomo?!?”

I guess they cake on the makeup for his TV work, but I was honestly surprised at how different he looked.

And oh yeah, he was joking around and generally seemed pretty excited about having contracting the virus. Bizarre