Running Thread of Famous People With COVID 19

MaybeACoordinator

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2020 at 5:06 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Sturgill Simpson -- caught it way back in mid-March but didn't get results until a few days ago.

I won't excerpt the link because Sturgill CRs it up. 

i had tickets to his show at FEC, first in March, then April, then 'postponed indefinitely' but when i saw he was diagnosed i figured it would just be cancelled... which it was.

so i get the notice last week... and Ticket Center is giving me a 110% 'store credit'  ~$500.

i say thanks but no thanks... one, who knows when shows will start again, two, if there's anybody i will even want to see, and three, i won't want to risk a huge indoor crowd for a very long time... so no thank you, i'd just like my money back.

fuckers say no, poor sellers aren't getting their money back, so too bad, sorry, you have 18 months to use the credit, congratulations!

ugh. i'm sure i have no recourse. so i pulled my own karen and wrote a nasty email, told the customer service person i don't blame them, but please pass it on to TPTB that they suck ass and are SUPER shitty.

pointless but i guess it made me feel .05% better being out $500.

gotdammit 😡😒

but i'm glad Sturgill survived and is recovering! i worry about the long term respiratory effects, hope they don't prevent him from continuing his career. i didn't want it to seem i was bitching about him lol... just pissed about my money! but glad he's okay 🙂