John Prine - RIP

Uncle Boobs

• 2 weeks later...

Just to bookend it, Ms. Carlile.  Her take on this stanza was far more revealing that any I've heard, including Prine's himself.  Christ, what a verse.

How the hell can a person

Go to work in the morning

Come home in the evening

And have nothing to say?

If that doesn't sum up the average relationship, what does?

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 4

Just to bookend it, Ms. Carlile.  Her take on this stanza was far more revealing that any I've heard, including Prine's himself.  Christ, what a verse.  

How the hell can a person

Go to work in the morning

Come home in the evening

And have nothing to say?

If that doesn't sum up the average relationship, what does?

She’s at the top of my list for just about everything. I heart her so much. Got to see her The Story concert where she played the album cover to cover a few years ago. One of my top five albums of all time.

And I’d rather be alone alone than in a relationship with nothing to say. That would be a torturous beat down. I think she might feel the same, she gave something extra for that one - just contempt for that kind of situation in her voice. Would wife her in a second. Gf knows it too.

Troph, she's doing online concerts every couple of Sundays.  Plays an entire album.  Veeps is the ticketing agency.  Last one was "By the Way, I Forgive You", and this coming Sunday is "Bear Creek".  They're at 8:00 on Sunday evenings, but you can stream them anytime after that.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...