What are you looking forward to when covid is done?

markstanco

Me? Every 4 or 5 weeks, when my shit is cleaned up at the office I would go to the lake around 11a on a random Tuesday or whatever. Hit the local pizza place for a killer grilled chicken sandwich and have 2 draft Relvover blood and honey beers. Then sit on the patio or get on the 'toon by myself and cruise around for a bit. Yea, can still do the cruise thing but miss hitting the shit in a particular order that I like.

I just started a new job that I am now 100% remotely doing.  As weird as it sounds, I am very much looking forward to meeting my team in person and actually "going" to work.  I'm also looking forward to my first big gathering with my family and another with my friends.  We did a "zoom" meeting with some friends in Dripping Springs and New Braunfels and it was great.  Tomorrow night, we are doing one with all of my family which should be about 10 different households.  I can't wait until we can all be together again in person. 

10 hours ago, blacklab said:

My wife and kids leaving the house for 8+ hours a day.

This!  I work from home normally, and getting my "office" back to just me and the dogs will be fantastic.  I think the dogs are ready too!

Here is a joke my wife told me that she liked...I think because it hit close to home with her.

Little Boy:  Daddy the cafeteria Lady said some bad words and was cursing at me.

Dad:  It's okay son, your Mom is under a lot of pressure.

Parks with the kids is a good one. I felt so sorry for my 6 yo boy over the weekend. He was so restless and had so much pent up energy. I took him outside and let him sprint from my house to the fire hydrant 2 houses down. He acted like I took him to Six Flags or something

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ABSR said:

This!  I work from home normally, and getting my "office" back to just me and the dogs will be fantastic.  I think the dogs are ready too!

I work from home as well so it's been a pain in the ass to get everything done. Every ten minutes one of the three will come down to ask a question. It's such a fucking beating because when coding it takes a few minutes to get your mind back to where you were and my productivity has been complete shit the last two weeks.

I also think my dogs are ready for them to go too. They normally sleep the vast majority of the workday and you can see the look of "Leave me the fuck alone" on their face when the boys are trying to get them to play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Jerry Jones will be dead...

We can all pray.

Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I heard the owner of the Knicks got it was "Holy shit if Jerry gets it and it kills him it will make this shutdown and economic slowdown all worth it"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

We can all pray.

Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I heard the owner of the Knicks got it was "Holy shit if Jerry gets it and it kills him it will make this shutdown and economic slowdown all worth it"

I'm not a big hater of arkie, but that man can yelp his last sooey for all I care. 

13 hours ago, Hate said:

I just started a new job that I am now 100% remotely doing.  As weird as it sounds, I am very much looking forward to meeting my team in person and actually "going" to work.  I'm also looking forward to my first big gathering with my family and another with my friends.  We did a "zoom" meeting with some friends in Dripping Springs and New Braunfels and it was great.  Tomorrow night, we are doing one with all of my family which should be about 10 different households.  I can't wait until we can all be together again in person. 

This x100. I just started working a new position within my company and I was in the middle of “training” when shit hit the fan and we all started working from home. This department is in a different wing of the office than I would normally go to, so I haven’t met a single one of my team members yet. 

Other than that (and sports) I would say the gym. I didn’t realize how much going to the gym helped me maintain my sanity. And I’m not just talking about doing cardio and body weight exercises. I know this might sound meathead-ish, but I need the heavy weights and the sauna (first world problem)

Seeing my grand kids - 
my daughter is staying at home with her 3, and doing a good job of isolating them. her husband drives semi for largest grocer in MI, so he is out everyday but limited social interaction, even at work.
my daughter in law (my son/her hubby) is deployed in Iraq - she works at a local hospital; when she's at work her Mom watches the kids, otherwise she isolates

we used to see all of these kids 3 or 4 times a week; we do video chat and call as much as we can, but the oldest of the 5 grandkids is almost 5, so they don't really get why they can't come over.

3 hours ago, blacklab said:

I work from home as well so it's been a pain in the ass to get everything done. Every ten minutes one of the three will come down to ask a question. It's such a fucking beating because when coding it takes a few minutes to get your mind back to where you were and my productivity has been complete shit the last two weeks.

I also think my dogs are ready for them to go too. They normally sleep the vast majority of the workday and you can see the look of "Leave me the fuck alone" on their face when the boys are trying to get them to play.

This right here.  I am in my home office and its constant knocking on the door asking for something.  I have accomplished nothing today.  Wife is in Austin and I am at home with the kids so I might as well give up.

I can relate to all the "get the damned family out of the house" folk. My wife owns her own business (professional organizer) and she can do virtual organizing, but a) it pays less, and b) she has to do it from, you know, here. And my daughter is a food server, so, again, just sitting here twiddling her thumbs.

I cannot wait until they all leave me alone while I'm working.

6 hours ago, ABSR said:

Here is a joke my wife told me that she liked...I think because it hit close to home with her.

Little Boy:  Daddy the cafeteria Lady said some bad words and was cursing at me.

Dad:  It's okay son, your Mom is under a lot of pressure.

5 hours ago, blacklab said:

I'm in this same boat.

I miss being able to get that good solid jerk in the middle of the day. Don't act like yall weren't thinking it.

I want to see my family.  My dad, my brothers and their wives and kids and grandkids, my in laws and my wife's brothers and sister, and all of their kids and grandkids, and most of all, my children and their SOs.  I'm planning to smoke brisket, pork butt, pork ribs, sausage, and chicken, provide some beer, get them to bring the sides and desserts, and all of us visit, hug, laugh, and eat ourselves stupid.  God, I miss those noisy, messy, wonderful people.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

Meeting first grandbaby, she's due this Thursday and with the all the shit going on with us in NY and them in SA and travel restrictions, we're not sure when we'll be able to make it down.  We planned on coming down in late April.  

My mom and dad live 30 minutes from my sister.  She had her baby Friday a week ago.  Mom and dad aren’t able to see/hold their first grandkid for 2 weeks from this last Friday.  My mom was in apoplectic meltdown when she found out, even though I told her 2 weeks before my nephew was born that this would happen.   It’s brutal man.  

• Like 1