What are you looking forward to when covid is done?

markstanco

9 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

My kids going back to school.  My wife going back to her office.  I am surprised I don't day drink yet.

Actually this is why I decided to give up alcohol while we are working and teaching from home.  After Spring Break, it seemed like it would be really easy to start drinking at 3-4pm and not stopping until bed.  Wife and decided to give up alcohol for the time being.

I'm really looking forward to having a 512 IPA.

• Like 3

On 3/20/2020 at 11:31 PM, Beau Vine said:

There are a lot more Chinese people in Hawaii than Kansas.  

I would sure as hell hope so

23 hours ago, blacklab said:

I imagine there's going to be some serious fucking going on after this thing is done.

nah, most of us are married.

6 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 3/30/2020 at 8:13 AM, Iceman said:
all of us being dead and forced to embrace the panic.

Right now I'd really like to watch a series of Astros baseball.

All the fights would be fun to see.

In the stands?

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

This is a small one, but I thought about it last night when I was grabbing some take-out from Moonshine. I miss picking-up food from a restaurant on my way home from work and stopping to have a drink or two at the bar by myself.

That's not a small one. That was basically every Friday night for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

This is a small one, but I thought about it last night when I was grabbing some take-out from Moonshine. I miss picking-up food from a restaurant on my way home from work and stopping to have a drink or two at the bar by myself.

Yeah, that's usually a nice decompressor for me.  The handful of places I frequented would just know to slow my order in the kitchen and give me time for a couple of drinks at the bar with some nice little comped snack and a big tip waiting for them.  We've only done takeout once or twice since the shit hit the fan.  Are there any places in Austin where they'll still serve you a drink while you wait?  Most places have gone curbside but I still see some places where you walk in to pay/collect food.  I'd happily give patronage to a place that'll at least slide a beer down the bar with a latex glove.  

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, that's usually a nice decompressor for me.  The handful of places I frequented would just know to slow my order in the kitchen and give me time for a couple of drinks at the bar with some nice little comped snack and a big tip waiting for them.  We've only done takeout once or twice since the shit hit the fan.  Are there any places in Austin where they'll still serve you a drink while you wait?  Most places have gone curbside but I still see some places where you walk in to pay/collect food.  I'd happily give patronage to a place that'll at least slide a beer down the bar with a latex glove.  

Exactly. I have about three places I rotate. All make my drink as soon as they see my truck pull up. And, they know to order the food when they bring my second drink.

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Black Walnut Cafe (at least in Katy) has a bar table set up outside in the parking lot.  I haven't personally been by as we don't frequent the place anyway, but I've seen the table and been attracted to it.  Perhaps soon.

Am looking forward to a really good chicken fried steak.
Ha! That's funny. I want CFS maybe once a year. Last weekend I googled it because, bored. Found some recipe on pinterest. Hammered out the beef and followed directions. Really good. Would rather buy but it was a fun time killer. My gravy wasnt as good as the local soul food restaurant lady who makes it by far, but still decent.
  • Like 1

Going to see my oldest in California. We were going to go out for her birthday but now travel is on hold until this is settled.  Spending time with her and catching up and meeting her friends. When we helped her move out there we didn't have time to stay and sight see beyond driving past the Rose Bowl and a quick trip to Huntington Gardens so I'd like to see a few more destinations. Not Disneyland, but other types of iconic California natural areas and attractions.

This spring was the time my spouse promised to take me to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. I've never been. Everyone says don't go when it's hot so I hope to go a year from now if I'm still around.

Taking the boys out for a big greasy burger and onion rings/fries. We make them at home, but sitting on the patio at their favorite burger place would be a real treat.

Browsing at the hardware store while my husband putters around in the tool section sounds wonderful. He thinks I'm not paying attention (I'm not) but I sorta am because it's how I learn what he might like for a gift.

Being able to bake treats again that I drop off with friends and colleagues. I never bake to give away when anyone in our family is ill to avoid spreading any germs, but with this pandemic illness, it is pretty much bake for family only. A woman can only bake so many cookies and pies before the family balloons unless one shares.

• Like 2

I miss live music. I need to sit out at a bar patio with my dogs and listen to a band with a pitcher of beer and friends. meg ryan yas GIF

I want to see my mom. She has liver cancer and is doing okay  but is becoming more frail with time. She lives 5 hours away so I haven't seen her since early March. All my older sisters are there caring for her so she is very supported and enveloped in love. I think it gives her so much comfort and strength. She likes to be outside in her yard and direct everybody on what to plant and where, what needs pruning, etc. There are beautiful flowering plants everywhere and flowering annuals. I want to hold her hand and tell her how pretty her yard is and watch all the birds and butterflies that visit there with her. I'm having to miss this time, her favorite of the year and it sucks since it may be her last. 

• Like 5

I'm missing being at a crowded venue and the energy that it provides.  Now, I am one that hates crowds but loves gatherings.  I am borderline claustrophobic, but I'm fine going to large gatherings as long as I have space to "breath".  I'm missing concerts and sports because I miss looking forward to something and having it live up to my expectations.  Maybe I'm just really tired of looking at the inside and outside of my house. Full disclosure, I was out of work for a year and only recently began working again...right at the time that everyone has to work from home.  I'm tired of seeing my house.  I want the fluorescent lights and a small office or even a cubicle in a cubicle farm. 

11 hours ago, Hate said:

I'm missing being at a crowded venue and the energy that it provides.  Now, I am one that hates crowds but loves gatherings.  I am borderline claustrophobic, but I'm fine going to large gatherings as long as I have space to "breath".  I'm missing concerts and sports because I miss looking forward to something and having it live up to my expectations.  Maybe I'm just really tired of looking at the inside and outside of my house. Full disclosure, I was out of work for a year and only recently began working again...right at the time that everyone has to work from home.  I'm tired of seeing my house.  I want the fluorescent lights and a small office or even a cubicle in a cubicle farm. 

the wave of energy that travels across the crowd in an arena/ stadium.  Even better when kicked off  by that distinctive knock on a wooden bat and the ball finding its way between 3rd and Short, or the thud of the ball in the catcher's mitt with the umpire calling out "Steeeeerike THREE!!!"

• Like 2