Name the best album NAME that isn't a track

GhostOfTomJoad

"...And you will Know Us by the Trail of Dead" (eponymous) 

also, many were mentioned above by Pink Floyd.  Led Zeppelin deserves credit for the most "bad-ass" titling system by just calling the first four after themselves, and the last one-Coda (the end of songs).  But Pink Floyd always had the most creative, would add to the aboves---Piper at the Gates at Dawn, Works (when said altogether-Pink Floyd Works), and the live album..."A Delicate Sound of Thunder", and the funniest compilation album name, "A Collection of Great Dance Songs."  A band to dance to, they were not.  

14 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

Legit response but I’ve got still hard feelings after spending .000 hypothetical dollars on this to the Columbia Record & Tape Club way back in the day 

Not what your were expecting?

NOBODY EXPECTS THE TROUT MASK REPLICA!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes an album's name is just as powerful & important as the music. It might be even evocative if the album's title isn't the name of a track on the album. So no Born to Run or Sgt. Pepper's or What's Going On or London Calling qualify.

So what album titles made you say "I've gotta have THAT one;" maybe without having heard the songs on it? My submissions include:

Blood on the Tracks

Exile on Main Street

Rumours

Appetite for Destruction

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

it just sounded important. That and seeing the cover.. knew i had to have it. (bought at Sound Exchange - Fall of 1988)

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation | Releases | Discogs

Edited by yoladu

5 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I remember years ago seeing an interview with REM and Bill Berry telling the crew that he lobbied for every album they ever released to be named "Trolling for Olives.' It never happened, but that's pretty damn good.

Pretty sure Michael Stipe often lobbied for "Cat Butt" which is hilarious.

• 1 year later...