ESPN to air the 2006 Rose Bowl this Thursday at 7pm CST

Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

White was their short yardage back. Bush failed to gain 2 yards on a much higher percentage of carries than White.

Just because your opponent draws the gutshot straight on the river doesn't mean you made the wrong choice. Carroll did everything perfectly right there in terms of coaching decisions. We just beat them.

If you motion 5 out of the backfield it  changes a lot of shit for the defense 

1 minute ago, Dennis Taylor said:

If you motion 5 out of the backfield it  changes a lot of shit for the defense 

Except it doesn't. Nobody would have believed they were doing anything but running White. It's all BS hindsight second guessing. Carroll did the right thing.

He probably remembered that moment and decided to something he didn't think everyone would expect later in his career. So he got to watch Russell Wilson throw a pick to lose the Super Bowl.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 2

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Im such a pussy, Im crying right now lol

I admit I was crying in the stadium in about 5 mins.  My uncle died in May 2005, and he was one of the biggest Longhorn fans I ever met in my life.   I was crying for him because he missed seeing this.  hell I am tearing up just typing this now.....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Except it doesn't. Nobody would have believed they were doing anything but running White. It's all BS hindsight second guessing. Carroll did the right thing.

He probably remembered that moment and decided to something he didn't think everyone would expect later in his career. So he got to watch Russell Wilson throw a pick to lose the Super Bowl.

Come on, at least 1 guy leaves the box if Bush is on the field and motions out

2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Come on, at least 1 guy leaves the box if Bush is on the field and motions out

Right. One guy leaves the box. Along with a blocker (Bush). Nothing accomplished. They basically never had both on the field at the same time. Our defense was geared to stop White and worried about nothing else. There is no reason for us to believe they're throwing the ball there. It makes zero sense considering abilities, situation, clock, etc. If they're throwing that ball it's to Jarrett or a late leak from the fullback.

I said it that day and I'll say it again. If I die having never seen UT win another championship, I will die a happy man. For I have seen my team win the greatest championship in the greatest game in college football history. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Pisses me off that some people claim Bama/Clemson was a better finish.. among other reasons it wasnt 4th down and Clemson could have tied with a field goal 

I have never heard this argument before and it really wasnt a better finish. It was a quality game but nowhere near the level of 3 Heisman finalists, 2 heisman winning players, the win streaks, the hype, the buildup, the transcendent once in a generation talents, Vince Young.... it can never be replicated, no game will ever match this game. That was the game that will define college football forever. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I ran outside with a handwitten sign and stuck it on the Ft. Wainwright-USARAK Post sign in the bitter cold and didnt feel a thing.

Good times.

I ended up on the Pensacola Naval Hospital a few hours later with an IV and an MA next to me. I was Pensacola for A school and got put on restriction for 45 days and docked half months pay x2 for underage drinking and being a general young asshole. Don't regret shit but those 45 days did suck 

• Like 1