ESPN to air the 2006 Rose Bowl this Thursday at 7pm CST

Goo Punch

I think USC got pretty lucky to have a lead late, both teams had bad breaks. I felt like the better team won the game. 

I believe Texas was the better team as
well. Just pointing out that sometimes great teams get a lot of unlucky bad breaks. We didn’t get too many - because God was on our side!

10 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Outright panic by Leinart dicking around there on the last play. That same thing almost cost Colt McCoy in the 09 Big XII game where he held the ball too long but luckily it landed out of bounds w 1 sec left.

God, that memory is still traumatic. "The clock is ticking down, what's happening?!?!" From what I remember, allegedly the clock on the field showed more time. It all worked out but yeah that was a scary moment in time.

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

I count only 3 guys on the 2019 team with the talent to start on that 2005 team - Duvernay, Ossai, and Dicker. 

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

Collin Johnson

1 hour ago, OnAComputer said:

Sam Cosmi

I'll give you Dicker and maybe Cosmi.  I don't see it for any of the other guys.

Edited by WBT

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I believe Texas was the better team as
well. Just pointing out that sometimes great teams get a lot of unlucky bad breaks. We didn’t get too many - because God was on our side!

We lost 4 points to easy kicks being missed.

While Quan was a freshman, he was also 22 years old.  He didn't play that much in 2005 anyway.  It was Sweed and Pittman and Ramonce split out quite a bit.  Quan and Brian Carter only played a little bit.  David Thomas led the team in catches and split out a good amount as well.  2019 Duvernay would have been in the rotation and might even have been our best receiver but I don't think he would have been a huge upgrade over the guys we had.

• Like 1

Agreed. Duv 19 is > Quan 05. CJ  (healthy) 19 also > Sweed just not as much.

Besides them, Cosmi would be 6th OL utility dude. The 05 line was unreal.

I'd take Ossai over Killabrew, and then Dicker over Pino. 

Most positions are not even close really. 3rd safety would go to Jones or a healthy Sterns. 4th CB would go to Jamison?

Kelson or BJ Foster (healthy) in the hybrid SS/LB role? I'm taking Kelson, dude was a baller.

The gap from 05 to 19 in most positions is HUGE. obviously makes sense but going position by position kinda makes you laugh. 

Edited by cam4mav
depr
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, cam4mav said:

Agreed. Duv 19 is > Quan 05. CJ  (healthy) 19 also > Sweed just not as much.

Besides them, Cosmi would be 6th OL utility dude. The 05 line was unreal.

I'd take Ossai over Killabrew, and then Dicker over Pino. 

Most positions are not even close really. 3rd safety would go to Jones or a healthy Sterns. 4th CB would go to Jamison?

Kelson or BJ Foster (healthy) in the hybrid SS/LB role? I'm taking Kelson, dude was a baller.

The gap from 05 to 19 in most positions is HUGE. obviously makes sense but going position by position kinda makes you laugh. 

Pretty much agree with all of this.

19 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

I just pissed off a lot of LSU fans

Burrow was an average QB before his Senior year. He wasn't good enough to win the job at his first school so he transferred to LSU where where he was an average QB his junior year. He was being talked about as a 4th or 5th round pick after his junior year. He had a great season, but a big part of it was the offense and WR's.

• 3 years later...