Ken Burns' National Parks

Biff Tannen

I'm sure there's a thread here somewhere, but the search sucks.  Watching this yet again and it's still easily one of Burns' best works.  A good reminder while we are all stuck at home that we have some amazing places in our nation that belong to all of us and should be appreciated.  I'm heading to the mountains as soon as we are done with this isolation.

• Like 1

Is there a good place to find this online like Amazon or Netflix? We caught the bug after going to Yosemite 2 years ago. We just went to Big Bend earlier this year. Next up is either Carlsbad/Guadalupe Mountains, Grand Canyon NP, or Great Smoky Mountains. We're saving Yellowstone for when our girls are a little bit older.  A vastly underrated National Park is Haleakala NP on Maui. The crater at the top looks like the surface of Mars. I've said to the wife before that if I could pick one spot to just sit for hours, it would be up there. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Is there a good place to find this online like Amazon or Netflix? We caught the bug after going to Yosemite 2 years ago. We just went to Big Bend earlier this year. Next up is either Carlsbad/Guadalupe Mountains, Grand Canyon NP, or Great Smoky Mountains. We're saving Yellowstone for when our girls are a little bit older.  A vastly underrated National Park is Haleakala NP on Maui. The crater at the top looks like the surface of Mars. I've said to the wife before that if I could pick one spot to just sit for hours, it would be up there. 

Google claims it is on Amazon Prime video.

Got to go to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons with my granddaughters this past summer.  It snowed while we were there and it really added to the experience. Granddaughters got to have a snow ball fight in June.   I will treasure that experience the rest of my life.  Also made it to the top of Haleakala a few months later.  It was coooold and beautiful in a other worldly sort of way as mdmost mentioned.

• Like 1