Social Distancing Pub Quiz

Mr. Blutarsky

If any of you assholes are in need of socializing this weekend, I hosted pub quizzes / trivia nights for over ten years in Austin and have come out of retirement and am hosting a pub quiz each Saturday at 8:30 CST via Facebook live as long as this Corona crap sticks around. Last week we had 20 plus teams get together via zoom, the phone, and other ways to play along. It's really just an excuse for friends to (virtually) hangout and have something to do. It was really cool to pop into some of their Zoom groups and see folks on their couches hanging out with their friends miles apart. 

www.www.facebook.com/austinpubquiz

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Hey @Mr. Blutarsky

I'm in and have a team.  I'm familiar with a lot of tech; however, I've never used FB Live.   Quick ?  Assuming I'm the one turning in the answers, would my entire team be on FB live w/ me submitting OR does my team work independent of FB Live w/ me submitting the answer to you?

So the way we're doing it is we're live streaming the questions on a Facebook Live broadcast and have an online answer sheet that you'll turn in at the end of each round. We're asking for teams to coordinate how they get together, but popular methods are zoom, skype, facetime etc. One scribe and one answer sheet turned in per team per round works best. I'll go over the FAQ's before we start tonight as well. http://www.facebook.com/austinpubquiz  

• Like 2

@Knoxtnhorn I'm glad you enjoyed it! We've been getting a lot of extremely positive feedback, and it's definitely scratched an itch of my own. Like I said Saturday, we're going to keep doing this each Saturday as long as this shit sticks around. It just seems to be a really good break for folks, not to mention an excuse to reach out and spend time with friends. 

@Brisketexan Literally the more the merrier. We all need something fun right now. 

• Like 2

On 4/11/2020 at 3:06 PM, BradInATX said:

Blutarsky - are you putting this on tonight? 

ETA nevermind, answer was smack in the middle of my screen when I clicked your FB 

Last night was a bit of a cluster with both kiddos up most of Friday night. Hopefully you had fun though!

• Like 3

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/30880/11-things-you-didn’t-know-about-america’s-spymasters

. The Company has a wicked sense of humor

Following World War II, Frank Wisner helped found the Office of Policy Coordination. Officially, its mission was refugee assistance and working with the International Red Cross. Its actual mission involved covert actions against the Soviet Union. Wisner was a wily, charming, Southern aristocrat who was forever changed when he witnessed the brutal Soviet occupation of Romania. His office invested heavily in psychological warfare, which was still a relatively new concept. Ideas that came from the office included delivering American toiletries across the Iron Curtain (to demonstrate superior Western standards of comfort) and airdropping enormous condoms labeled “Medium” onto the Soviets, to demoralize them against an anatomically superior American army. (Sadly, this plan was never carried out.

10 hours ago, Mr. Blutarsky said:

Last night was a bit of a cluster with both kiddos up most of Friday night. Hopefully you had fun though!

Wife and I were about as far into the bag as you were, so we didn't care. It was a good time, thanks for doing it. I think we're going to get several couples together through a zoom this next Sat.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

@Mr. Blutarsky - any chance we can get one or two score updates mid game this time, for shit talking our friends purposes?

The kids went to bed early tonight so the wife won't be playing catch up. It shouldn't be to difficult,  but remind me as I plan on drinking to change things up. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...