Classic movies from the 80s, 90s, and 00s to force your kid to watch

Viper

Now that we all have a lot more time at home with our kids, I'm interested in what list everyone has of movies that they have made their kids watch.

I've got this list so far,

• Back to the Future
  • Princess Bride
  • Bill and Ted
  • Jurassic Park
  • Karate Kid
  • Goonies
  • Like 1

Probably shouldn't "force" your kids to watch a movie, but let's assume they're willing participants. 

• October Sky
  • Ghostbusters
  • Beetlejuice 
  • Hoosiers
  • Field of Dreams

Off the top of my head. I'd throw Three Amigos and Raising Arizona in there but maybe your kids wouldn't get it. 

My kid (7) loves jurassic park (even the new ones). At the start of each school year when they do those back to school pictures where they ask what you want to be he says ‘paleontologist’ which he is convinced involves training dinosaurs.

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Now that we all have a lot more time at home with our kids, I'm interested in what list everyone has of movies that they have made their kids watch.

I've got this list so far,

• Back to the Future
  • Princess Bride
  • Bill and Ted
  • Jurassic Park
  • Karate Kid
  • Goonies

I think we have knocked all these off your list but KK

my 9yo daughter was WTF-ing all through Bill and Ted and generally confused.  The scenes with Missy (no, call me mom) were a little awkward.

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

Breakin'

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

Rad

Thrashin'

North Shore

Flash Gordon

Twister

Big Trouble in Little China

BTW, the list of "classic" movies we've made our kids watch is actually quite long.  These are just some of the ones they've watched multiple (some would say an excessive number of) times.

Depends on the kid. I think 12+ would like it, it's a buddy film. Truman Sparks will have them in tears. They'll understand the rest on repeat viewings.

Dancer, Texas Pop. 81 is another one 12+ will enjoy.

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We're going to attempt Close Encounters of the Third Kind tonight. I predict the line of "I'm bored" will be thrown out on more than one occasion. 

Yeah, but if watch it WITH mashed potatoes, imagine the fun.  It really is a very clever movie.  

Before I was paid to speak french...I was a mapmaker.