Louis CK new special

PilotsError

34 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Let me know if it’s worth it - he was one of my favs before we all learned he was a sexual predator 

He’s still one of my faves. Separating the art from the artist and all that. On the spectrum of horrific shit to do, I think what he did wasn’t the worst. Creepy/wrong/gross, for sure. But it just doesn’t make his jokes less funny to me. If that makes me a POS so be it. 

That said, his last special wasn’t his best work. Hope this is better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Are y’all going to buy a bunch of Harvey Weinstein movies also?

Considering he was involved in some of the greatest films in cinematic history, a true buff should have more than a few Weinstein productions in their collection.  As Helobious said, separate the art from the artist/scumbag.

Gladly paid for and watched it.  No spoilers. I found it to be well worth the money. For someone very familiar with all of his stand up and television work, it seems that his observations, writing, and performance are as sharp and irreverent as ever. He may have actually doubled down on some of the truly absurd irreverent bits and has done so fearlessly and hilariously. 

Edited by Whitewater Horn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

also, comparing what Weinstein did to what Louis did as if they are equal is pretty ridiculous.

If I recall correctly, he jacked off in front of women he invited over.    I don''t recall much else.

20 minutes ago, Nivek said:

If I recall correctly, he jacked off in front of women he invited over.    I don''t recall much else.

I think that's the gist of it and he sort of rhetorically asked them before he did it. It was definitely on the line but it wasn't exactly assault. Most like exposure.

• Like 1

He would ask them first and if they said no then he wouldn’t do it. Sarah Silverman told a story about it on some talk show. “Eww no gross Louie. And then we’d go out and get pizza.”

The bigger issue I think was that at least one woman was an employee of his. Which is, IMO, frowned upon these days.

Also I couldn’t get the damn thing to download. Apparently there was a high demand for this on a Saturday night when the entire world was locked in their house and wanting something to watch.

• Like 1

Louis will always get props from me for the way he ruthlessly cracked down on people trying to scalp his tickets. He charged something like $50/ticket and that was that. He actually had a team out there finding people who were selling his tickets for more than face value, and then rescinding said tickets and re-selling them to actual Louis CK fans for face value. That's the only reason I was even able to afford to see him live. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...