New women’s bb coach

closetohumping

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m sure he’s a good coach, I just don’t trust the judgment of someone who willingly spent 10+ years in aggyland.  

I get that... but what's he gonna do.. come in and sabatage himself in the name of hatred of UT. and well I will say this... I KNOW there was no love lost when he was at A&M with you. Hell there was a fire in his eye even brighter when MSU played down their in austin a couple years ago..and yall made those shirts about us... 

I always thought we would lose him back to A&M. if nothing else.. know how much this hurts them.... 

F*ck im devastated. He was going to get us a NC i believe...and believe he WILL DO so with yall.. recruiting will be easy to austin i will agree. 

Get used to playing tough man to man.. maybe he will be open to playing a little zone though. if he did that he would be wearing one NC ring. 

50 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Too much aggy in him.  Undergrad and 9 years there as an assistant.  Do not want.

Yeah ... D X Bible was another loser who coached aggy before Texas scraped the bottom of their barrel.

Guess they didn’t learn a damn thing since a friggin’ Sooner was hired a decade later.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Your ad just made a statement. from paying your last coach 600k or so.. to i don't know what vic got but i'm hearing we matched 10 over 4.

Yeah you offered to match/exceed but the guy wants to go home. He built your program up. Go pay $1.6m for the guy from Oregon so Johnnie Harris comes to Austin :)

39 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Seems like a home run hire given his track record over the last few years.

The best hires possible were: Geno, Vic, Graves (Oregon), Staley (SC) or Mulkey herself. 3 of those weren’t happening.  This was the best hire and no one thought we’d drop almost $2 million 

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah you offered to match/exceed but the guy wants to go home. He built your program up. Go pay $1.6m for the guy from Oregon so Johnnie Harris comes to Austin :)

The best hires possible were: Geno, Vic, Graves (Oregon), Staley (SC) or Mulkey herself. 3 of those weren’t happening.  This was the best hire and no one thought we’d drop almost $2 million 

it will be interesting to see... you HAVE to go after the top coaches since we are willing to pay up to 2+ mil it seems for this sport. But don't piss off Johnnie. she's a strong option it seems like the more i look into her history. 15 years with vic and named top asst. vic wouldnt come to msu without her

https://www.djournal.com/sports/harris-selected-assistant-coach-of-the-year/article_16ab3fb0-f85a-5aab-a8e3-82da199c1ceb.html

So if she stays.. as i expect (vic wouldnt strong her along longer if she wants to be a HC i dont think...) we HAVE to give her a look

I'd love the coach from Oregon. well vic vs mooky will be interesting for years to come. 

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Cheer up @msudawg, barring massive transfers, you have the talent to still be top 5 to start 2020-21.  Just gotta get the right coach and hope the girls don’t follow Vic (I hope they do) 

GAHHHH that's what makes it hurt more.. he has his most talented team coming back.... SH!t. 

We can't lose Rickea.... or hell several others. 

I don't see Blair being on staff at UT either.. will see. 

Edited by msudawg

10 minutes ago, Underdog said:

They ever give the UL coach a look?  

He was #1 on most wish lists. But with both the ND, NCSU and FSU coaches getting up there in age, he’s set to dominate the ACC

31 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah you offered to match/exceed but the guy wants to go home. He built your program up. Go pay $1.6m for the guy from Oregon so Johnnie Harris comes to Austin :)  The best hires possible were: Geno, Vic, Graves (Oregon), Staley (SC) or Mulkey herself. 3 of those weren’t happening.  This was the best hire and no one thought we’d drop almost $2 million 

The $2 million seems to be a statement by CDC that Texas WBB can be as strong of a draw as Men's basketball when you have great coaching and players.  Almost seems like the blueprint for what happened in Waco -- have a great WBB program and then it leads to more fan interest in having a good Men's basketball program.

I'm sure opening a new arena will really help Vic's recruiting at Texas as well...

16 hours ago, msudawg said:

I get that... but what's he gonna do.. come in and sabatage himself in the name of hatred of UT. and well I will say this... I KNOW there was no love lost when he was at A&M with you. Hell there was a fire in his eye even brighter when MSU played down their in austin a couple years ago..and yall made those shirts about us... 

I always thought we would lose him back to A&M. if nothing else.. know how much this hurts them.... 

F*ck im devastated. He was going to get us a NC i believe...and believe he WILL DO so with yall.. recruiting will be easy to austin i will agree. 

Get used to playing tough man to man.. maybe he will be open to playing a little zone though. if he did that he would be wearing one NC ring. 

Idk what this man to man bullshit but if one of his players wakes up the blue hairs going after a loose ball he’s gone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Idk what this man to man bullshit but if one of his players wakes up the blue hairs going after a loose ball he’s gone

How many blue hairs will revolt Bc a man is in charge of “Jody’s program?” 

They'd rather be Baylor’s bitch with a Jody coaching disciple than win with a man. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

How many blue hairs will revolt Bc a man is in charge of “Jody’s program?” 

They'd rather be Baylor’s bitch with a Jody coaching disciple than win with a man. 

This exposes what wasn't really talked about when CDC came on board.  Until then, we had a men's AD and Plonsky was the women's AD.  It was a subtle thing that I don't remember being directly addressed, but CDC was announced as the Texas Athletic Director, with no gender descriptors.  What nobody came out and said was that Plonsky was essentially demoted to "Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director". Some of those blue hairs are probably shocked that she wasn't the one calling the shots here.

3 minutes ago, Pogo said:

This exposes what wasn't really talked about when CDC came on board.  Until then, we had a men's AD and Plonsky was the women's AD.  It was a subtle thing that I don't remember being directly addressed, but CDC was announced as the Texas Athletic Director, with no gender descriptors.  What nobody came out and said was that Plonsky was essentially demoted to "Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director". Some of those blue hairs are probably shocked that she wasn't the one calling the shots here.

Yeah, we were one of the few schools having men's and women's ADs.  A legacy, no doubt, of the Lopiano/Conradt/Plonsky women's lib mafia.  And one that seemingly outlived its time.

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, we were one of the few schools having men's and women's ADs.  A legacy, no doubt, of the Lopiano/Conradt/Plonsky women's lib mafia.  And one that seemingly outlived its time.

And thankfully out of power now 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pogo said:

It was pretty well known that Plonsky was demoted.  It was in the news.  I believe both Fenves and CDC said Plonsky is still important to the department, but CDC would be making all hiring decisions.  So I think people pretty much know Plonsky has no say so anymore. 

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

It was pretty well known that Plonsky was demoted.  It was in the news.  I believe both Fenves and CDC said Plonsky is still important to the department, but CDC would be making all hiring decisions.  So I think people pretty much know Plonsky has no say so anymore. 

Plonsky evidently is pretty good at "monetizing" things.  But someone has to ride herd on her lest she monetize everything ala Patterson.

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wasn't the only other school with men's and women's ADs the fake UT? 

On 4/5/2020 at 5:44 PM, Js1 said:

Houston

He may be an aggy but he opted for UT instead of waiting for the aggy head coach to retire. Smart man 

The fifth women’s basketball coach in school history was born at Austin’s Brackenridge Hospital, demolished just last year, and grew up in Houston. His parents are buried in a family plot in La Grange. His sister, Schaefer’s only remaining blood relative, lives in Pearland.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-womens-basketball-Vic-Schaefer-coach-Mississippi-State-Chris-Del-Conte-145790468/

Ready or not Texas, here comes Vic Schaefer

By FUCK CHIP BROWN        50 minutes ago

Jackie Sherrill quote:

“Vic had the ability to take a three-star recruit and turn them into a five-star,” Sherrill said. “That’s what you want in a coach. He was demanding about his players taking care of their business. He was great with former players and students and great with the media.

“Vic understood getting players do things they didn’t want to do in order to help them accomplish things they did not think they could. Texas hit a home run hiring Vic. He will make Del Conte’s job easier.”