Top 10 white basketball players of all time.

Uncle Boobs

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If we are counting college I don’t see how Bill Walton can be lower than 3rd all time- if we aren’t I suppose he’s at the bottom of the top 10. 

Bird

West

Dirk

Rick Barry (severely underrated bc he was an asshole hated by all and the granny shot)

Thats your Rushmore- NBA careers only- All MVP’s and best players on title teams .

after that give me:

Nash

Stockton

McHale

Walton

Pistol Pete

Sabonis/laetner in a tie for number 10 as the greatest international and college basketball players of my lifetime  

I’m sure I’m forgetting someone really obvious  

I didn’t count anyone prior to the nba bring pretty fully integrated  

Havlicek? Finals MVP, 11 time All NBA. I can’t claim to have seen him play, but Simmons ranked him 14th overall (Celtic, so grain of salt and all that). 

42 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

If I'm going to nitpick here: I think Walton meets your Rushmore criteria (1978 MVP and best player on 1977 Blazers; though his exclusion certainly adds up when you consider he barely played more than 5 season's worth of games in his career), and Barry lacks an MVP season on his resume (unless if you meant finals MVP) 

Yes. Walton simply didn’t play long enough in the NBA to my way of thinking  

I think I may have retroactively assigned Rick Barry an MVP won by Bob McAdoo. The players voted for It (back then I think) Just were not going to give it to him because they hated him. I think that’s how I remember hearing/reading it anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Havlicek? Finals MVP, 11 time All NBA. I can’t claim to have seen him play, but Simmons ranked him 14th overall (Celtic, so grain of salt and all that). 

I intentionally left him off as I did everybody but Jerry West who played majority of their career in the 1960’s. Just not integrated enough in the NBA (otherwise I’d have had Mikan on here

too) for my tastes. West gets an exception bc he is the logo. I don’t know If that makes sense- but that’s my answer anyway. 

He probably belongs on there though. You are right. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 4/7/2020 at 12:33 AM, ztejas said:

You're such a waste of space shithead troll. I don't get why people like you think it's funny to take advantage of some societal downtime to go parade your dick around the entire board. Take it easier on the booze or ratchet down the peanut gallery.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for our main event of the evening, the battle for the Surlyweight championship of the world.

In this corner we have the alleged "fuckface",  he's a pounder and a grinder, not to be taken lightly...

On 4/7/2020 at 12:41 AM, FondrenRoad said:

What the fuck are you going on about?You attacked me first, fuckface.  For no reason.  Clearly you have a personal problem with me. And it has nothing at all to do with these bball threads. 

And I agree that this isn't the venue for you to air your bitch ass grievances. So pick a venue.  

....and in this corner we have the alleged "shithead troll"... Never one to back down, willing to take it to the limit, a most determined opponent....

Folks place your bets the battle is about to begin..  return to your corners, and when the bell rings remember protect yourself at all times...

Good luck to you both...

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Kenny Sailors was the most important white basketball player of all time, among the most important period. VERY WHITE, he was from Wyoming!!!

Eric Leckner >>>>>>>>> Kenny Sailors.  Eric Leckner carried Fennis Dembo's jock.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

If we are counting college I don’t see how Bill Walton can be lower than 3rd all time- if we aren’t I suppose he’s at the bottom of the top 10. 

For all the stupid shit I've said in this thread, I'm saying this completely seriously:

Bill Walton in college and his first few years in the pros was probably the greatest basketball player I've ever seen.  I remember my dad telling me, "If you want to understand how to play basketball, watch Bill Walton."   He was perfect at everything except free throw shooting.  

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

For all the stupid shit I've said in this thread, I'm saying this completely seriously:

Bill Walton in college and his first few years in the pros was probably the greatest basketball player I've ever seen.  I remember my dad telling me, "If you want to understand how to play basketball, watch Bill Walton."   He was perfect at everything except free throw shooting.  

That’s sort of my point in saying that- he was so awesome before he got hurt that he should be at the top of the list with a representative amount of years, but he didn’t have that. If you count his 4 years in college though, when he was one of the best ever, you can get to the point where he’s behind Bird and West and nobody else. 

On 4/5/2020 at 9:12 PM, HornOnTheBayou said:

If you don't have Larry Bird #1 and Pete Maravich #2, you can go sit at the kid's table and eat whatever white people eat. I don't know what white people eat and black people eat, because I don't see color.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:48 PM, conVINCEd said:

I'd throw his teammate Bill Bradley into the discussion for most interesting as well. He's the only player I can find on basketball-reference with a couple years of stats listed as:

DNP (Rhode's Scholar)

afaik he's the only NBA alumnus Senator as well

Safety from FSU took that route as well, and I realize it’s a different sport.

look up Tom McMillan - Rhodes scholar and Congressman

Edited by AUinHsv

36 minutes ago, Deej said:

Kevin McHale is criminally underrated. The guy had some amazing moves in the post. 

How many franchises did he carry?

ze-fucking ro.

He's in the HoF.  he's recognized in the Top 50 type player all time.  This list( first one up on google) has him at 37.   Is that not accurate?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2232060-br-nba-legends-100-ranking-the-greatest-players-of-all-time

• Like 2

Don't mean to get the thread off track, but somebody earlier in the thread mentioned Peja Stojakovic. I was so young during this WCF, but I just remember watching with my older brother rooting against the Lakers so hard, and he had the biggest shot of his life to potentially put the Lakers away in game 7 and he just air balled it. He was the best 3 point shooter that year, so it was pretty shocking. Changed how I viewed him for the rest of his career.

Spanish commentary, but you get the point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I used to hate those 80's Celtics.  It wasn't until many years later when I started seeing some of the behind the scenes stuff when I realized how funny Larry and Kevin were and I started to like them.  Kevin tells a story that he was guarding Elvin Hayes one time and Bird started yelling at him from the bench "go ahead and tell him what you told me Kevin".  McHale looked at him and Larry said "go ahead and tell him how you we saying you're going to kick his ass".  Of course, McHale had never said that.  That's pretty funny. 

The passing of time helps make you forget how obnoxious Celtic fans were. I hated that team, but have so much respect for them, now. I watched the Lakers/Celtics 30 for 30 and the clips of their fans and Donnie Walburg referring to the Lakers as "the Fakers" in his narration all these years later brought a bunch of the hate back. Boston fans are trash.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Deej said:

The passing of time helps make you forget how obnoxious Celtic fans were. I hated that team, but have so much respect for them, now. I watched the Lakers/Celtics 30 for 30 and the clips of their fans and Donnie Walburg referring to the Lakers as "the Fakers" in his narration all these years later brought a bunch of the hate back. Boston fans are trash.

Zmaxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deej said:

Celtics fans

Redsox fans

Patriots fans

All suck more than cowboys fans, who have sucked for a while now. (Cowboys fan from way back, I can say that)

On 5/10/2020 at 6:31 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

Celtics fans

Redsox fans

Patriots fans

All suck more than cowboys fans, who have sucked for a while now. (Cowboys fan from way back, I can say that)

At least Cowboys fans that have that stupid fucking accent.

Anyone born before 1980 who doesn't have McHale high on their list should turn in their "I know jack shit about hoops" card. Dude had footwork and technical ability in the block that was only surpassed by Dream, and I despised those Celtics teams so no bias at all...

Lulz, "no bias"...just like those Celtics teams.

Edited by Ignatius
  • Like 5

On 5/13/2020 at 6:05 PM, Jive Turkey said:

Christian Laettner

Bobby Hurley 

J.J. Redick

Danny Ferry

Grayson Allen

Jay Bilas

Cherokee Parks

Mike Dunleavy

Chris Collins

Steve Wojciechowski

Hurley was a baller. He, like Petrovic in the same damn year, should have worn a seatbelt.   Petrovic got it worse, of course, but Hurley's career was still killed.

Edited by FondrenRoad

7 hours ago, sheeeit said:

Of all the people named so far, there is only 1 inarguable fact:

Thunder Dan Majerle- Best tan in NBA history.  No one close.  

I coulda sworn there were some pics out there of Andris Biedrins with an absurd spray tan, but either my memory or Google is letting me down here