Kayleigh McEnany is Terrible at This Job

Patrick Bateman

Law and Order!  Lock her up!  Lock her up!  

https://www.newsweek.com/derek-chauvin-accused-fraudulently-voting-florida-despite-living-minnesota-1509109?amp=1

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has also voted in the Florida 2018 elections despite living in Washington D.C.—she reportedly used her parents' Tampa address to claim residency.

In 2018, McEnany lived and worked in D.C. as a full-time employee of the Republican National Committee. It is unclear where she filed her taxes, something partially determines one's qualifying to vote in local elections.

I used to be an avid press conference watcher, but became so disgusted (especially at the treatment towards certain female reporters) that I couldn't stomach it anymore and stopped.

So what in the fresh hell is this? I think I'm going to be sick again. (Although, Hudson has a point--maybe I'll use it when I serve dinner tonight.)

Guest Lobo
46 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don't want to get into hyperbole here, but why is it when she says "in a Trump Opportunity Zones"...I immediately imagine a plantation?  

You should. Didn't an investigative reporter discover that a lot of the zones favored country clubs, yacht clubs, and condos in the Palm Beach and Miami areas as well as other 'gentrified' friendly zip codes around the country?

Oh yeah, here's an example:

https://www.propublica.org/article/superyacht-marina-west-palm-beach-opportunity-zone-trump-tax-break-to-help-the-poor-went-to-a-rich-gop-donor

Spoiler

The Rybovich superyacht marina lies on the West Palm Beach, Florida, waterfront, a short drive north from Mar-a-Lago. Superyachts, floating mansions that can stretch more than 300 feet and cost over $100 million, are serviced at the marina, and their owners enjoy Rybovich’s luxury resort amenities. Its Instagram account offers a glimpse into the rarefied world of the global 0.1% — as one post puts it, “What’s better than owning a yacht, owning a yacht with a helicopter of course!”

Rybovich owner Wayne Huizenga Jr., son of the Waste Management and Blockbuster video billionaire Wayne Huizenga Sr., has long planned to build luxury apartment towers on the site, part of a development dubbed Marina Village.

Those planned towers, and the superyacht marina itself, are now in an area designated as an opportunity zone under President Donald Trump’s 2017 tax code overhaul, qualifying them for a tax break program that is supposed to help the poor.

Then-Florida Gov. Rick Scott bestowed the tax break on the marina after a direct appeal from Huizenga Jr., according to a 2018 letter Huizenga Jr. wrote that was obtained by ProPublica. Huizenga and his family have been major donors to Scott. Even though the opportunity zone program is supposed to subsidize only new investment, Huizenga cited the already-planned Marina Village in his appeal to Scott.

Noting the “significant private sector investment that is poised to take place,” Huizenga wrote, “This project has been planned for some time as part of the larger Marina Village initiative which incorporates the Rybovich working waterfront marina.”

The state of Florida, based on an analysis of unemployment and poverty rates, had not originally intended to pick the census tract containing the superyacht marina for the program. But those plans changed in response to Huizenga’s lobbying, according to documents from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity obtained by ProPublica.

A little more than a week after the Huizenga letter, Scott announced his opportunity zone picks, which included the Rybovich marina area. At the same time, Scott rejected other, poorer tracts that the city of West Palm Beach had asked to be named opportunity zones.

I clipped part of the article, but there is a very distinct lack of transparency with the OZ program.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I don't want to get into hyperbole here, but why is it when she says "in a Trump Opportunity Zones"...I immediately imagine a plantation?  

You should learn a bit about "Opportunity Zones". Most of them are used by slumlords like Kush and very little actually gets to small minority businesses. Watched a pretty good segment on them about a year ago. Think it was John Oliver.

Just now, Irwin F Fletcher said:

She's the worst. It's time to tap into our rainy day wreath fund and get @Red Five White House media credentials and air fare to D.C. 

Trump has had 4.  The quality (although to be fair, the one before this gets a grade of incomplete due to the fact she never did an official presser) has declined with each.

This one is the most enthusiastic about her dick sucking, however.  Spicer put up a gallant effort beginning on Day 2.  Huckabee seemed the most sincere and professional (lolz).  This one takes it to a completely new, lower level.

46 minutes ago, Lobo said:

"The popcorn you're eating in South Austin has been squirted in, film at 11"  

‘It’s Monday which means your health matters, today’s health segment is sponsored by the dr dunkenstien cancer memorial society - fake cancer is a SoB !’

Edited by tx 3 putt

Where is the payoff for this chick?  Is FOX really going to dump big money on her when she's done?  She can't be making more than $180K now, which is not big money in the DC area.

Maybe the book circuit . . . lecture circuit . . . the fucking Donnie circuit . . .

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Where is the payoff for this chick?  Is FOX really going to dump big money on her when she's done?  She can't be making more than $180K now, which is not big money in the DC area.

Maybe the book circuit . . . lecture circuit . . . the fucking Donnie circuit . . .

President of Liberty University 

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Quit ruining the Surly News fantasy thread with that bitch.  This is easily the best page so far.

I am so on board with Surly News. This is the content for which I joined. Someone get a Blue Shed for PhDHorn for the weather. It's already hurricane season.

• Like 1

My guess is that this would not have been an issue had Trump not fanned the flames with his tweet. So Sugar Tits here we are, read the room. Maybe now is the time we look at addressing these things since your boss is constantly stirring up shit. Don't start no shit, there won't be no shit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

This is a result of the right believing their own sophistry over the decades. Any argument or response is a valid argument or response to the ebil libs. 

Imagine the last thoughts of these soldiers as they recalled the name of the fort they departed prior to going off to win wars for freedom! Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot?

spacer.png

Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens.

So it is with all of their bullshit argumentative reaches. Ever disingenuous, now they're sloppy liars and absurdly stupid sophists. 

• Like 1

That worn out bimbo is so bad. She’s like the presidents Baghdad Bob. She can’t believe half the nonsense she spews. Maybe she does but she seems too stupid to even understand what’s going on anyway

1 hour ago, Sii said:

That worn out bimbo is so bad. She’s like the presidents Baghdad Bob. She can’t believe half the nonsense she spews. Maybe she does but she seems too stupid to even understand what’s going on anyway

That 'no one ever flunks out of Harvard' adage has a new spokesperson spokesmodel.