Weekly moderator election thread.

immamac

I caught wind of this and slowed down on the virus updates.  I can’t think of a bigger disaster than me as a mod.  First, I’d disqualify myself as someone who graduated from the wrong place - and didn’t fix it by marrying right.  Second, if I was allowed, I’d nominate Brisket.  

But a small part of me wants to see Derka lay waste to some people...

• Like 1

I caught wind of this and slowed down on the virus updates.  I can’t think of a bigger disaster than me as a mod.  First, I’d disqualify myself as someone who graduated from the wrong place - and didn’t fix it by marrying right.  Second, if I was allowed, I’d nominate Brisket.    

But a small part of me wants to see Derka lay waste to some people...

As seen by the preponderance of evidence in this post, you are indeed out.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry guys lots of shit has been going on and I have just today been able to really focus on catching up with a bunch of stuff related to the site.

I'll be doing this at the end of the day today. there's 2 paths we can take. Single post highest rep since the announcement or just overall sum of rep since the announcement. 

Highest single post rep:

image.thumb.png.b23b57d6999423228bdbeaa51a30b44d.png

OR

highest total rep:

image.thumb.png.676693fe186ffb9342274100181c72ca.png

More than 10. 50 is still too many. With 10 posts, I could see someone that may access Surly on Tapa accidentally responding to a post in the CR without realizing it. If you have any more than 10, you’re most likely going in there on purpose and that means you lack any ability to be fair minded in moderating.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2020 at 12:47 PM, immamac said:

sorry guys lots of shit has been going on and I have just today been able to really focus on catching up with a bunch of stuff related to the site.

I'll be doing this at the end of the day today. there's 2 paths we can take. Single post highest rep since the announcement or just overall sum of rep since the announcement. 

Highest single post rep:

image.thumb.png.b23b57d6999423228bdbeaa51a30b44d.png

OR

highest total rep:

image.thumb.png.676693fe186ffb9342274100181c72ca.png

I think I'd prefer if you just went eenie meenie miney moe with the user list

Not responsible for the borkiness, but I can say 72 hours into this moderating thing, and I don't envy immamac at all.  Like Jesus Christ.
You need lots of bourbon to be the mod here.  

We needs lots of bourbon just to post here.
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

they churn through a lot of Assistant Dicksuckers, maybe tidy up your resume and go for that one

They offered me the position of Assistant to the Assistant Traveling Secretary Dicksucker. I turned it down. Never sucked a dick, don't won't to start now in my 40's.

On 5/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, Pancho said:

Not responsible for the borkiness, but I can say 72 hours into this moderating thing, and I don't envy immamac at all.  Like Jesus Christ.

You need lots of bourbon to be the mod here.  

how will you find time to update your resume and linked profile with this newfound prestige?

On 5/1/2020 at 4:15 PM, Irwin F Fletcher said:

They offered me the position of Assistant to the Assistant Traveling Secretary Dicksucker. I turned it down. Never sucked a dick, don't won't to start now in my 40's.

You suck one dick....

Is this real? making assholes moderators for a week? seems kind of risky?

How do we rig the election - is it really all about rep? can I just pay to be a weekly mod? I think I can find tree fiddy laying around?

No seriously, we should make a concerted effort to mod someone - post your nominations below, and we will rep the shit out of them for a week.

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Is this real? making assholes moderators for a week? seems kind of risky?

How do we rig the election - is it really all about rep? can I just pay to be a weekly mod? I think I can find tree fiddy laying around?

No seriously, we should make a concerted effort to mod someone - post your nominations below, and we will rep the shit out of them for a week.

If elected, I will immediately ban futureman, Rex Kramer, and Hugo Stiglitz.  

• Like 6