Garage door remote add-on

Anybody done that with the garage doors that have a remote, but added on the standalone module with a phone app where you can open it remotely? From time to time I need to do this, and it would be good to have.

Just seeing if anybody owns it and if you like it.

16 hours ago, markstanco said:
16 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
yup also have the chamberlain myq.  had it for 4 years now.  surprised at how it works every time. 

I don't know why it wouldn't, but I take it your visor unit still works as well, yes?

yes visor unit still works.  also our remote keypad still works.  i've used the app overseas and it's worked everytime.  pleasantly surprised.

Add me to the list of fans. Had it for years and it’s great knowing when the kids got home (and making sure they closed the garage door behind them.

It came with my new opener (belt drive w battery backup), it’s so quiet, I wouldnt know the door was operating without the app alerts.

7 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Has anyone ever put in one of the Chamberlain wall mount openers?  Are they any good?

yes.  very easy. 

even a caveman could do it.

(hell, even my wife changed the battery on one and didn't burn down the neighborhood or buy something off of Amazon because she was so stressed over the whole affair)

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Just a note that it comes with one "door sensor" if you have multiple separate garage doors you just need another door sensor

Thats pretty cool.  I ordered one to see how it was going to work, I thought I was going to have to order 5 more complete units!

54 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Thats pretty cool.  I ordered one to see how it was going to work, I thought I was going to have to order 5 more complete units!

apparently 2 is the most door sensors you can link to a hub before needing another hub... no clue other than $$ why limit would be so low

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Had the myQ since April... had issues on and off with it as the batteries died in the door sensors... it will get "off" where says open when it's not or closed when its open...

Seeing as I assumed the way this thing worked the sensor would always know... apparently not.  There also is no battery low type indication/warning so I ordered a bunch of batteries of Amazon and set reminder to replace every 3 months (how long initial set worked)... hoping will solve issue in future