Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, Barnes will be coming to town with his Vols?  That should be interesting.

18 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

He should receive a standing ovation.  He didn’t embarrass himself on his way out like Penders did.  It ended poorly, as most coaching jobs do, but he set the bar that Beard needs to jump over.

18 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Derka's body is ready

He is coming back this season anyway, UT and tenn got paired in the big12/sec challenge deal and the game is in Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Was thinking that the only SEC teams with artificial turf on their football fields are Vandy and Missouri. Besides home games, we will now be playing most of our games on grass fields. Wonder if this will change Sarks and CDC’s view in the future on wether or not we will install grass or keep the turf. 

7 hours ago, TenCarryTom said:

Was thinking that the only SEC teams with artificial turf on their football fields are Vandy and Missouri. Besides home games, we will now be playing most of our games on grass fields. Wonder if this will change Sarks and CDC’s view in the future on wether or not we will install grass or keep the turf. 

Did Ole Miss get grass?

40 minutes ago, rantanamo said:

Did Ole Miss get grass?

Pretty sure that’s still illegal in Mississippi, although a friend who went to Ole Miss told me that one of the first legal grow farms in the country was just off campus.  No idea if that’s true or not, but he was right more often than wrong, so I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.

On 7/24/2021 at 6:18 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Does this…does this show that everything lines up?

Far goal post appears slightly off center, cheating to the right. You can tell by the pixels. 

Regardless, this stadium now fucks. 

Pretty sure that’s still illegal in Mississippi, although a friend who went to Ole Miss told me that one of the first legal grow farms in the country was just off campus.  No idea if that’s true or not, but he was right more often than wrong, so I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.

He was probably referring to this: https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pot-monopoly-20140529-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are you people still operating under the hope that the goalposts are going to line up? Didn't I disabuse you of that notion like 2 months ago? 

We're supposed to get a walk through of the mostly completed SEZ in a couple weeks. I'll try to remember to take pics. 

Yes you did, but they looked so much better in the midline photo from the NEZ. The H was lined up so well I doubt any non Surly OCDs will notice or if they do it will look like like a problem with the angle of the camera. 

As you tour the facilities will you be able to inquire or at least observe how the LHN is going to be used?  Will we have a LHN lite studio?  SECW Network? ESPN?  Perhaps it will be the permanent location for College Game Day? 

k thanks

6 minutes ago, jTower said:

Yes you did, but they looked so much better in the midline photo from the NEZ. The H was lined up so well I doubt any non Surly OCDs will notice or if they do it will look like like a problem with the angle of the camera. 

As you tour the facilities will you be able to inquire or at least observe how the LHN is going to be used?  Will we have a LHN lite studio?  SECW Network? ESPN?  Perhaps it will be the permanent location for College Game Day? 

k thanks

Most normal people, which obviously immediately disqualifies most people here, aren't going to notice or fixate on it not being quite streamlined when the stadium is full of people moving around and cheering, etc. Field Goal kickers...

I can answer that question right now. The East observation deck was built to be the permanent home of the LHN or now any studio that will be present there. If someone posts a pic I can point it out. I thought this was covered in the blog? Basically there is a fat area on the east end where the studio and talent will go, cordoned off, but folks with access will be able to watch the broadcast. 

10 minutes ago, jTower said:

k thanks

image.thumb.png.c46fc5d5aa25485d0210fbcf98fc615b.png

That deck is where the studio crews will be housed every game. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That's ok, I'll use yours as well:

image.thumb.png.1df64ec83120039dc6aa46a38799fe19.png

I will say personally, I kind of agree with the one guy on twitter months back who suggester that we close the bottom of the longhorn. I don't care if it's retractable or not. Close that motherfucker. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's ok, I'll use yours as well:

image.thumb.png.1df64ec83120039dc6aa46a38799fe19.png

I will say personally, I kind of agree with the one guy on twitter months back who suggester that we close the bottom of the longhorn. I don't care if it's retractable or not. Close that motherfucker. 

They could close it off with a badass gate like this, unless they just want to leave it open.

University of Texas football stadium entrance Stock Photo - Alamy

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Judging from the renderings I'd say that area is where it will be:

image.png.942dcb9d9f732a9796b81509fd493272.png

I mean, I guess that's it then. I thought it would be larger, and they talk about people watching the broadcast but I suppose they can do that from the observation deck. 

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, there's a chance the area is here as well, but I don't think that's right at all, Space and visibility don't match with what we've been told:

image.thumb.png.4d7c91b51f8dae2fc6768c595f3a1b8e.png

I recall seeing a pic of Ricky surveying the field from that spot last year, thinking he was checking out his view from the future LHN game location.

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I doubt anyone remembers the misalignment when the game is underway. I’m just curious about the reason for it. The field didn’t move. Was there an underlying architectural reason to shift the SEZ two feet to the East?  

The gravitational pull from us fat olds in the west stands will straighten it all out at game time.

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

The gravitational pull from us fat olds in the west stands will straighten it all out at game time.

Good point. Let us also not forget the gravity well created by the combined presence of the wallets of certain surly elites who purchased luxury boxes this year. 

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)
4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Judging from the renderings I'd say that area is where it will be:

image.png.942dcb9d9f732a9796b81509fd493272.png

Yes the renderings indicate that will be the broadcast are, but it was designated for Lowell and the LHN. Will we repurpose for suites, rebrand for SECWN or keep our own in house team?

8 minutes ago, jTower said:

Yes the renderings indicate that will be the broadcast are, but it was designated for Lowell and the LHN. Will we repurpose for suites, rebrand for SECWN or keep our own in house team?

I’m sure it can be used by ESPN, Gameday, SECN or whatever.  If not they’ll convert it to more club/table or party deck seating.  I wouldn’t worry about it.

26 minutes ago, jTower said:

That asshole should never be allowed back in the stadium again. 

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That asshole should never be allowed back in the stadium again. 

Seriously. We should offer up Lowell as a sacrifice to aggy with the rebranding of the network.   Present it as a huge give letting go of our homer talent.  They are dumb enough to buy it.