Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Borachio said:

I got two tickets in those fancy south end zone seats that nobody sits in for Saturday's game. 

Does the club open 2 hours prior to kickoff?

Yes but feel free to stay there for the entire first half like the rest of them and then leave before the team turns into pumpkins and gives up after halftime. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Borachio said:

I got two tickets in those fancy south end zone seats that nobody sits in for Saturday's game. 

Does the club open 2 hours prior to kickoff?

I’d find something else to do from 4:30-6:15.   The club is nice and all but it’s damn expensive to drink there from 4:30-9:30p. 

48 minutes ago, GTNY said:

We used to complain about the old people not standing or cheering loudly because they were grandfathered into the best seats.

Now we have expensive "market rate" seats that are empty because the rich people stay in the club. 

Those seats need to be either/or with respect to the club. Let the wealthy alums stay in the climate-controlled confines of the club and make those student or regular fan seating. Give them free drinks if that’s what it takes. Our stadium capacity might even increase to above Kyle Field level again which seems to be the only football thing we could beat aggy at these days.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

Y'all, I got to be honest, the field club is pretty damn cool.  I apologize to all the folks I talked shit about for not sitting in their gray seats.   Why would you?  You can high five Bevo, you are right on top of the action when the ball is on your side of the field. 

I actually did sit in my gray seat most of the game and I had like 3 rows to myself.   I was sprawled out like I was watching the game in my recliner at home!

Plus, I think I ate my weight in Lambert's mac n cheese.

43 minutes ago, Borachio said:

Y'all, I got to be honest, the field club is pretty damn cool.  I apologize to all the folks I talked shit about for not sitting in their gray seats.   Why would you?  You can high five Bevo, you are right on top of the action when the ball is on your side of the field. 

I actually did sit in my gray seat most of the game and I had like 3 rows to myself.   I was sprawled out like I was watching the game in my recliner at home!

Plus, I think I ate my weight in Lambert's mac n cheese.

I'm guessing it never felt crowded down low either right?  I'm betting it's not even 2/3 sold.  And who knows how in the hell CDC will sell the remainder at that price tag given the performance on the field.  I honestly wonder if they go offer everyone that has bought in so far a discount of some sort in order to lower pricing next year.

25 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I'm guessing it never felt crowded down low either right?  I'm betting it's not even 2/3 sold.  And who knows how in the hell CDC will sell the remainder at that price tag given the performance on the field.  I honestly wonder if they go offer everyone that has bought in so far a discount of some sort in order to lower pricing next year.

The only time it felt crowded was when the players ran onto the field before the game as everyone was crowded around the tunnel.   Never had to wait for drinks or food and no issues finding a couple open chairs within 5 minutes of searching. 

I think those seats are like $8,000 a piece.   Yikes!

Yes, and many of them are wearing burnt orange jerseys, helmets, and for some reason---African American.  And as season ticket holders to a club with full bars, most of them had been drinking heavily.  Which would explain how they wandered onto the field and played so horribly.  

Got an invite to one of the new south endzone suites on the east side of the Jumbotron. Holy fuck are those things amazing. Huge bar with two bartenders, wall of TVs showing the game plus other games, massive leather seats each with their own small TV showing the game and stats, cushy sofas, huge dining table, private shitter with a 50” TV on the wall so you don’t miss any of our shitty football team. Had finger foods set out and the drinks were flowing.

Then you go down to the 4th floor Founders Club to eat. More bars down there, no charge for anything. Menu includes an ice bar with badass raw oysters, lobster and shrimp, a s’mores bar, truffle deviled eggs with slices of truffle on each one, crazy good charcuterie, etc. so ridiculously good and over the top. Spent the whole third quarter down there eating instead of watching our abomination of a football team. May have been the most luxurious place I’ve ever been and I’ve stayed at plenty of Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton’s, etc. and been in Jerryworld suites.  

Game view is wild. Look to your left and there’s the massive Jumbotron screen. Look down and it feels like you’re hanging over the field on one of those Skycam cameras. Look out over the stadium and it’s all at your feet - you feel like god. Being rich would be nice. Guess a $10 million+ donation to the University buys you some cool stuff. I wanna live there. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Borachio said:

I think those seats are like $8,000 a piece.   Yikes!

Right. I think it's $4K per ticket + a $20K donation (which can be spread out over 5 years which gets to your $8k number), so yeah, people are effectively dropping over $1K per seat per game.  I don't see how they will ever sell it out at that price point and this shitty product.

5 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Right. I think it's $4K per ticket + a $20K donation (which can be spread out over 5 years which gets to your $8k number), so yeah, people are effectively dropping over $1K per seat per game.  I don't see how they will ever sell it out at that price point and this shitty product.

It's also a shitty view...

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I can't tell, but there appears to be a crane up just north of the stadium this morning.  Are they installing a new North EZ scoreboard?

They are adding a new, Super Duper Luxury Suite complete with private helipad on top. 

It's part of the Arch Manning recruitment effort.

I believe they are redoing the electrical/piping/etc of a large portion of the NEZ this off-season so that after 2022 is over...they can plop the new scoreboard/seating arrangement more easily/faster.  

I'm guessing as some cruel twist of fate, we had scheduled it to begin after bowl season was completed in case the coaching staff wanted to run simulated games inside the big stadium with crowd noise turned on, but didn't want the disruption of another large construction project again while they were doing it.  So yeah, we could have started this day after Thanksgiving.  So I'm sure the project is now already delayed and over-budget.  Thanks a lot, Kansas. 

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

That lighting will look great for our 11:00 am kickoffs.

I imagine Grandma Griswold standing in front of the endzone at 11:01am, putting her arm around del Conte, and saying, "Chris, baby...I can picture it in my mind and it's breathtaking!" 

45 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

what's their plan for all the empty seats in the S end zone? 

They're not planning to redo the pricing structure for the first two seasons, so I doubt ticket sales there move much even with Alabama and Iowa State on the schedule.  So I'm guessing some sort of "incentive" deal where people in other premium seating areas that are enclosed (Centennial and East Side Club) can come over with drinks, hassle-free scan-in/scan-out and sit down closer to the action maybe?  I can't think of another solution.  But they are, and it'll suck.  A reboot to the pricing/license capital commitments was always a two-year at-a-time plan.  SEC schedule in 2023 may boost demand to where it needs to be, but it still doesn't necessarily translate to asses in seats.  

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Is there any timeline for upgrading the practice facilities? Other than wins and losses, that bubble seems to be the most glaring example of how being the Joneses ended well over a decade ago.

Tito’s just donated 20 million for the Tito’s practice field. Think they are jumping into it once south end zone project and basketball facilities are complete.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Is there any timeline for upgrading the practice facilities? Other that wins and losses, that bubble seems to be the most glaring example that being the Joneses ended well over a decade ago.

I think all we know at this point is the School of Social Work is getting relocated, so the Rec Center relocation should not be far behind.  That's where the new practice facility will be.  If it's not all done in the next two academic years, then some other hold-up happened.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Walte464 said:

Tito’s just donated 20 million for the Tito’s practice field. Think they are jumping into it once south end zone project and basketball facilities are complete.

Has there been any word on where a potential new practice facility would be? Would it be right where the current one is?