Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/20/2022 at 9:09 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Since cdc has said the baseball scoreboard won’t be fixed this season due to parts availability, I wonder if the nez scoreboard will be delayed. 

I believe he said last year it was delayed due to Covid shit so I would assume they have everything by now. But maybe not. 

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I just want the [insert thing being changed] to stay exactly the same as I remember it when I was there 

- every generation as they get older 

Not me.

One of my good friends who went to UT a year behind me was reminiscing the other day of when she first enrolled in school with this tidbit that I had never heard of....

I remember having to take a swimming test as a freshman to prove I could swim before my admission was approved, as that was an admission requirement back then.  So weird...I couldn't believe how many kids didn't know how to swim - mostly the Yankees.  If you didn't pass the swim test, then you were mandated to take a swim PE class.  Most of those Yankees didn't know how to drive either. 

Freshmen were not allowed to have cars then either.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Not me.

One of my good friends who went to UT a year behind me was reminiscing the other day of when she first enrolled in school with this tidbit that I had never heard of....

Freshmen were not allowed to have cars then either.

When I was a freshman, there was nowhere to park. "If you don't build it, they won't come" was the motto. They were wrong.

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

No, I was crouched behind a car in a parking lot at 21st & Whitis - about a half block from where he killed the CoA utility worker across from Littlefield fountain.

Crazy.  Glad you're here.

My aunt was in the tower that day, about to walk out for lunch, when someone warned her about what was going on outside those doors.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

When I was a freshman, there was nowhere to park. "If you don't build it, they won't come" was the motto. They were wrong.

Heh, as a freshman in 1962 living at home, I drove my Dad’s car & parked on San Jacinto next to the SW corner ofMemorial Stadium.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Heh, as a freshman in 1962 living at home, I drove my Dad’s car & parked on San Jacinto next to the SW corner ofMemorial Stadium.

4 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Crazy.  Glad you're here.

My aunt was in the tower that day, about to walk out for lunch, when someone warned her about what was going on outside those doors.

you think AB and your aunt smashed?

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Armybrat said:

No, I was crouched behind a car in a parking lot at 21st & Whitis - about a half block from where he killed the CoA utility worker across from Littlefield fountain.

I had a part time job at Texas Trial Lawyers Association in the Westgate.  I was headed to the bank and stopped because of the radio warnings and the police cars..  I returned to the Westgate office and the bar was opened and office was filled  with people. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, TexasToast said:

I had a part time job at Texas Trial Lawyers Association in the Westgate.  I was headed to the bank and stopped because of the radio warnings and the police cars..  I returned to the Westgate office and the bar was opened and office was filled  with people. 

You just outed yourself as a fellow geezer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TexasToast said:

Was Phil Gauss pouring during all this? Damn fine lunches. 

16 minutes ago, Royale with cheese said:

Was Phil Gauss pouring during all this? Damn fine lunches. 

Yes, he was the master of mixing drinks and, of course, everyone was drinking.  His wife Francis was the chef for all lunches and I agree they were outstanding.  One time Claudia (his secretary) accidentally left the bookkeeping ledger book on top of a trash can and it was carried off as trash.  Phil put on his boots and went to the garbage disposal area and waded through the trash for hours.  Never retrieved them.

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

What’s up with the big scoreboard at Discharge-Falk?

Batteries are on backorder on Amazon.  Very likely not getting fixed in 2022 season.  I'm nearly certain that some announcements will be made in the coming year about some other changes to Disch-Falk Field before the decade is out.  Changes to the outfield concourses, adding outfield seating, more premium seating, and additional restrooms, etc.  But yes, screen should be fixed by next season.  Slight change it's even done later than this year but no promises with all the backlog.

• 3 months later...