Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/10/2021 at 5:58 PM, CashMcCoy said:

I was never that upset by the letters touching each other in the endzone, but now that they don’t I realize what we’ve been missing this entire time.

I always thought of it as a wordmark logo specific to the football team and kinda liked it. I love this newer look and it’s uniformity with the Texas athletic brand, but will forever  associate the former with Ricky Williams and the awesome Mack Brown years. 

Shadow Texas makes me think of a Rolls Royce with vanity plates--not necessary and actually detracts. We are the University of TEXAS Longhorns playing in Austin, TEXAS.  Shadow Texas seems redundant and just clutters up an iconic field. It's not like we're one of those states that nobody knows the shape of like the blob that is South Carolina or weird-ass West Virginia. Everyone knows the shape of Texas. It's on everything from ranch gates to convenience stores. We already know we're from Texas.

Edited by Reese Bennett
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Camera trick. There are pics up thread from inside the stadium and the colors are the same on both sidelines. 

It's a camera trick apparently, but it's weird how the darkness starts at a perfect right angle to the rest of the field. I can't figure out what'd cause that. 

53 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Yep Same color

I'm so confused about whether the state outline is supposed to be lighter, darker, or the same as the rest of the field. Apparently the shade and shine of this shit changes drastically depending on the angle you view it at. On the webcam it's darker, here it looks lighter except maybe the same as the far sideline where it's not shiny af. 

Shadow Texas makes me think of a Rolls Royce with vanity plates--not necessary and actually detracts. We are the University of TEXAS Longhorns playing in Austin, TEXAS.  Shadow Texas seems redundant and just clutters up an iconic field. It's not like we're one of those states that nobody knows the shape of like the blob that is South Carolina or weird-ass West Virginia. Everyone knows the shape of Texas. It's on everything from ranch gates to convenience stores. We already know we're from Texas.
It will keep aggy from doing the same and make them rage about it. Hell, if we take TEXAS off the front of our jersey aggy would do it...with a tiny Agricultural & Maintenance logo below. Thats reason enough for me.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Pretty sure CDC is fucking with us for his own entertainment.  Good on you CDC.  I pretty sure the entire field is a giant LCD screen that can be manipulated during the game to give the home team the advantage.  Is it just me or does the field seem much wider when we have the ball.  

Edited by stork642
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ousux said:
10 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

It will keep aggy from doing the same and make them rage about it. Hell, if we take TEXAS off the front of our jersey aggy would do it...with a tiny Agricultural & Maintenance logo below. Thats reason enough for me.

Point taken. Fucking aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)