Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

What in God's name are you talking about? Pulse? Color range? 

It's just a slightly lighter shade of green bro. 

I don’t think so. I think it’s probably a reflective coating that will reflect a range of light shone on it for pregame intros. That’s my guess. I think that more likely than an almost invisible watermark. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Could be a fluorescent coating that emits in the visible spectrum when hit with nonvisible light, and we have a UV spotlight pointed at it from on high. 

could darken the field lights and then hit that spotlight and the state silhouette would light up

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

43 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Could be a fluorescent coating that emits in the visible spectrum when hit with nonvisible light, and we have a UV spotlight pointed at it from on high. 

could darken the field lights and then hit that spotlight and the state silhouette would light up

revenge of the nerds 80s GIF

giphy.gif

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You want to interact with morons, that’s a website for a different state university.  Go with our blessings. 

You realize you're on Surly, right? People shit on posts here all the time. I'm glad we can have intellectual and humorous posts on the same page. Maybe learn a bit of the latter.

Tex.

It’s awful, inserted like a word that you forgot in a sentence on a handwritten poster for your garage sale, you know, with a little upside down “V” to point out where it goes?

It’s a repurposed sign from before, so I’m hoping they put those two signs up on the Longhorn... just to see how the concept looks? I’ve also stated upthread my opinion the screened printing at the top of the scoreboard looks cheap, and CDC tweeted that’s temporary. The signage above the Longhorn, “Myers-Dodds* Legacy Club” looks fine because it’s professional signage.

I’m trying to withhold final judgment until opening day, let everyone involved in the design and construction see how things look, evaluate, tweak, then unveil. They made the choice to run the webcam, so assholes like us want to comment on every step of the way, even if it’s just preliminary.

*Edited to write I believe that’s “Dodds.” It could be “Boobs,” for Uncle Boobs. In that case I presume there will be an all you can eat buffet.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 2

Some of the people working on the project don’t think they’re going to finish in time. They’re going to have to go 24-7 soon on the work schedule to try and finish in time. I’m sure the contract calls for financial penalties based on various deadlines, so everyone involved wants it done ASAP. Hopefully things come together a quick over the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ooo that's subtle. Interesting. 

I thought it was subtle, too, but she told me last night that it's very clear in person.

Probably worth nothing to us olds since it's the opinion of a HS sophomore, but she said she (& those with her) thought it looked good.

Some of the people working on the project don’t think they’re going to finish in time. They’re going to have to go 24-7 soon on the work schedule to try and finish in time. I’m sure the contract calls for financial penalties based on various deadlines, so everyone involved wants it done ASAP. Hopefully things come together a quick over the next few weeks.

I’m sure it’s been discussed but when is the final deadline?

2 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

This would be an epic fail by the builder. There's been plenty of time to get it done. They have been moving at a snail's pace, at least on the exterior, over the past year. 

16 hours ago, LOHorn said:

I don’t think so. I think it’s probably a reflective coating that will reflect a range of light shone on it for pregame intros. That’s my guess. I think that more likely than an almost invisible watermark. 

16 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nope. 

9 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

From the original image, it appears that the camera is aligned 17” west of the east upright of the north goalpost.

You are correct. The webcam location ain’t centered in the North endzone.

If I can easily see that, then wtf is wrong with some of the young farts around here?

• Hook 'Em 2

56429d4dd2ec5174c29cb8ed03f50148.jpg

2 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

Here's what the southwest entrance looked like July 9. They need to hustle.

IMG-2543.jpg

20 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Except that its centered more on the East side of the H.

You’re looking South. It favors the right side of the H being nearly in line with the stylistic overhangs on that side. Right side is West. 

I’d love to see a camera angle that makes it look right. Haven’t  seen one yet.  Stuff happens. ATM had to move their field towards one endzone because the sight-lines were jacked.   

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

It may be off-center, don’t know, but why would you look at a Google Maps satellite image of the old field? It’s gone.

Again, I’d love to see a camera angle or image that makes it look right.  They didn’t move the field with the new carpet.  The fact that the possible alignment issue appears with both the old and the new rug speaks to that.

As far as the google image I was looking at some real estate stuff,  thought about the satellite image being available for real estate and took a gander at DKR.  

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

11 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

image.gif.8aebe1dfb1327757152be71f4b9f12ee.gif

11 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

This would be an epic fail by the builder. There's been plenty of time to get it done. They have been moving at a snail's pace, at least on the exterior, over the past year. 

They've been doing well. It's nearly impossible in the current construction market to get the subs to show up with a real full crew. There's a massive shortage of tradesman in every trade. You want the building to be done right with high quality and there's a lot of sign offs involved in every phase to make sure.

There's more rules and logistics then you could ever imagine on a job like this.

HP throws their A team out there for Texas and they are driving the subs as hard as humanly possible. Go look at EERC to see how they roll.

There's just no tradesman. Men want to sit behind a computer these days, young men are mostly useless and would rather make minimum wage doing some mindless shit indoors. Doesn't matter how high you make incentive there's just a massive labor shortage.

• Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Zeus said:

They've been doing well. It's nearly impossible in the current construction market to get the subs to show up with a real full crew. There's a massive shortage of tradesman in every trade. You want the building to be done right with high quality and there's a lot of sign offs involved in every phase to make sure.

There's more rules and logistics then you could ever imagine on a job like this.

HP throws their A team out there for Texas and they are driving the subs as hard as humanly possible. Go look at EERC to see how they roll.

There's just no tradesman. Men want to sit behind a computer these days, young men are mostly useless and would rather make minimum wage doing some mindless shit indoors. Doesn't matter how high you make incentive there's just a massive labor shortage.

Didn't know that about the trades labor. Makes more sense now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/18/2021 at 2:05 PM, Bobby_Batronic said:

88C088D9-B56E-4CD8-90B1-4589A806B8D9.jpeg.871873d52c575f21a4a7955c1f5699cc.jpeg

Goal post is centered on the H. H is not centered on the entrance, and that’s pretty obvious even if you account for off center camera angles. 

can we just fucking start over please....

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)