Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

19 hours ago, Zeus said:

They've been doing well. It's nearly impossible in the current construction market to get the subs to show up with a real full crew. There's a massive shortage of tradesman in every trade. You want the building to be done right with high quality and there's a lot of sign offs involved in every phase to make sure.

There's more rules and logistics then you could ever imagine on a job like this.

HP throws their A team out there for Texas and they are driving the subs as hard as humanly possible. Go look at EERC to see how they roll.

There's just no tradesman. Men want to sit behind a computer these days, young men are mostly useless and would rather make minimum wage doing some mindless shit indoors. Doesn't matter how high you make incentive there's just a massive labor shortage.

Also a massive shortage of building material especially electrical such as conduits and boxes.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Also a massive shortage of building material especially electrical such as conduits and boxes.

yup, i'm in the electrical distribution industry and can confirm some of those materials are backordered for damn near a year. Boxes, cable, certain fittings, breakers...the list goes on. Some PO's have been open since January and suppliers still have no ETA. Inudustry long-timers have said they have never seen the supply chain this bad.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

yup, i'm in the electrical distribution industry and can confirm some of those materials are backordered for damn near a year. Boxes, cable, certain fittings, breakers...the list goes on. Some PO's have been open since January and suppliers still have no ETA. Inudustry long-timers have said they have never seen the supply chain this bad.

I’m in the same industry and can validate the massive shortages. Our primary gear supplier (Eaton) is putting my company under allocation releases based on historical purchasing behavior. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 10:39 PM, Zeus said:

They've been doing well. It's nearly impossible in the current construction market to get the subs to show up with a real full crew. There's a massive shortage of tradesman in every trade. You want the building to be done right with high quality and there's a lot of sign offs involved in every phase to make sure.

There's more rules and logistics then you could ever imagine on a job like this.

HP throws their A team out there for Texas and they are driving the subs as hard as humanly possible. Go look at EERC to see how they roll.

There's just no tradesman. Men want to sit behind a computer these days, young men are mostly useless and would rather make minimum wage doing some mindless shit indoors. Doesn't matter how high you make incentive there's just a massive labor shortage.

My grandson who just graduated high school is starting his electrician apprenticeship with a good-size Austin company this summer. Once he gets his license, he plans to get an EE degree.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

My grandson who just graduated high school is starting his electrician apprenticeship with a good-size Austin company this summer. Once he gets his license, he plans to get an EE degree.

An EE degree is basically also computer programming at this point. Had a good buddy go though that shit while I was at Texas doing my CE degree. He said it was super hard. Good luck to him! 

Show him this video it's a really interesting tinfoil hat take on early electrical engineering.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

An EE degree is basically also computer programming at this point. Had a good buddy go though that shit while I was at Texas doing my CE degree. He said it was super hard. Good luck to him! 

Show him this video it's a really interesting tinfoil hat take on early electrical engineering.

Put your runs in the software, software spits out all the info you need with wiring, runs, step ups, and etc. Even puts in the rounding errors and over estimations

ez pz

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Put your runs in the software, software spits out all the info you need with wiring, runs, step ups, and etc. Even puts in the rounding errors and over estimations

ez pz

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Futexas.box.com%2Fs%2Foldgedcisypdw82h7gsah0g7aovf07kb

Yeah looks like a breeze.

15 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

You joke about the Texas outline being a laser show thing …

CDC has alluded to Alabama’s light show as something he wants to implement at Texas, but go even bigger. A Texas that shines in a light-studded intro segment makes some sense there

Who said I was joking? 😄

21 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Since she deleted her tweet for some reason, here's the pic

image.thumb.png.b3d3bde633d2e2bece72f53c054352de.png

The interlocking UT on the upper deck west side is such a quaint reminder of an earlier time.  First, we haven't really used that logo in a long time--it's largely been supplanted by the longhorn silhouette.  But second, it harkens back to when you could see the those seats from the upper deck of I-35.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

...But second, it harkens back to when you could see the those seats from the upper deck of I-35.

Yeah - they used to do things like "BEAT TECH" with each word on either side of the UT on game week (when we played Tech, obvi).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

My guess is they may not complete all the exterior facades and other stuff outside the stadium, but the facilities and seating should all be good to go for the season. 

Facilities are behind and I highly doubt they'll be ready. Last I heard they were working 24 hours a day to make up being behind 2 months, so who knows.

On 7/21/2021 at 8:19 PM, thepop said:

Facilities are behind and I highly doubt they'll be ready. Last I heard they were working 24 hours a day to make up being behind 2 months, so who knows.

As it seems to be with basically every single one of these types of construction projects, they'll get it camera-ready on the outside in time for kickoff, but 90% of the shit on the inside will be roped off or still under construction into October.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, gordogg24p said:

As it seems to be with basically every single one of these types of construction projects, they'll get it camera-ready on the outside in time for kickoff, but 90% of the shit on the inside will be roped off or still under construction into October.

image.gif.d22e2d7c49a9ebe54526388c27335c69.gif

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, Barnes will be coming to town with his Vols?  That should be interesting.

He should receive a standing ovation.  He didn’t embarrass himself on his way out like Penders did.  It ended poorly, as most coaching jobs do, but he set the bar that Beard needs to jump over.

• Hook 'Em 2

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)