Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got some ugly ass buildings on the north end of campus, and Jester just needs to be demolished.  

But really, how fitting is it that the Aggie's have that type of campus build?  It perfectly mirrors their groupthink, cult-like philosophy of fucktion.  

5 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Wife and I had season tickets (gave em up a few months ago) in Section 1, Row 61, seats 1&2. They were adjacent to the wall and the first two seats inside the stadium. The breeze was always badass in those seats coming off the drop off

During the spring game, we wandered over to our old seats that we gave up.

49aadb5e1ec3e1d8066dd01f49c30d06.jpg

Im glad we gave em up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So one could say…….,

ballgame?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Wife and I had season tickets (gave em up a few months ago) in Section 1, Row 61, seats 1&2. They were adjacent to the wall and the first two seats inside the stadium. The breeze was always badass in those seats coming off the drop off

Im glad we gave em up

That’s what house movers are for. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Deej said:

"The goal line to the 20 on the north end look shorter than on the south end." - half this board. 

LOL, you're got damn right. If the goalpost looks off center in that shot, it's probably just because the camera's off center.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Im glad we gave em up

Yeah that's definitely less than optimal. Oof.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

We've got some ugly ass buildings on the north end of campus, and Jester just needs to be demolished.  

But really, how fitting is it that the Aggie's have that type of campus build?  It perfectly mirrors their groupthink, cult-like philosophy of fucktion.  

Aggie's?  Ffs.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The absolute worst thing about those will be 3 hours of bob cole bringing new talent to the stage every 5 songs. 

coming to the Mighty Fine pole is the very very lovely Victoria!  And up next on the nyle maxwell pole is the very very lovey Diana!

Bob Cole is our own Dave South.  Embarrassing. Thank goodness that you have to be there in person to suffer through him and his all of the crap he brings.

It is Craig Way for me on all Texas sports audio feeds FTW!

1 minute ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Bob Cole is our own Dave South.  Embarrassing. Thank goodness that you have to be there in person to suffer through him and his all of the crap he brings.

Yep. Spawn of Satan. That asshole fucks up a perfectly good baseball game, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Thankfully, he isn’t really our Dave South because we don’t rely on him information. A person could listen to South call a game and have no idea what was happening. With Cole, only blind fans Have to worry about that. 

Also, Dave and Dave were like a HS radio crew with all their “wes and uses.” Professional announcers like Craig Way always refer to the team and the mascot and use “theys.” 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Thankfully, he isn’t really our Dave South because we don’t rely on him information. A person could listen to South call a game and have no idea what was happening. With Cole, only blind fans Have to worry about that. 

Also, Dave and Dave were like a HS radio crew with all their “wes and uses.” Professional announcers like Craig Way always refer to the team and the mascot and use “theys.” 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Im glad we gave em up

Horribad. Won’t even be able to see the south end zone on game day. Like most of the build but the party decks are pretty stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Im glad we gave em up

That is some piss poor design right there.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I guess they're just gonna leave the Darrell K Royal above the scoreboard like that. While they were making it and putting it up, did no one say "hey, maybe we should center this so it doesn't look like shit?". 

It's off-center to take away your attention from the misaligned tunnel/goalpost/endzone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I guess they're just gonna leave the Darrell K Royal above the scoreboard like that. While they were making it and putting it up, did no one say "hey, maybe we should center this so it doesn't look like shit?". 

I bitched about it several pages back, and DelConte said on Twitter it’s temporary. It’s apparently just lettering screened onto a fabric, as it actually folded over during a really windy day (it may have been a rainstorm). 

Ha, Red Five, you’re actually the one who posted the photo of the sign all jacked up, back on Page 57. 😂

image.png.41926703797b5ddbd3840311fd54d399.png

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I bitched about it several pages back, and DelConte said on Twitter it’s temporary. It’s apparently just lettering screened onto a fabric, as it actually folded over during a really windy day (it may have been a rainstorm). 

It's been up for awhile now. Someone with some attention to detail has had plenty of time to fix that. 

But we're just now getting around to putting the right color on our field after 12 years, so who knows. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 5:17 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Im glad we gave em up

Some seats may have obstructed view... 

fenway.thumb.jpeg.72cba3b89018e3f10f76ee9e439f66a8.jpeg

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I was on the field as a student right after they finished the NEZ. I couldnt believe how good it was. Then I turned around and realized what I thought the SEZ would look like if it mirrored what they'd done with the north. Absolutely incredible stadium. 

Instead we have this Mickey Mouse cheap ass looking disjointed garbage. Absolutely terrible. Fuck everything about this abomination. 

• Fuck You 3

We went on a hot streak from 2010 @ Nebraska, 2011 @ UCLA, 2012 @ Ole Miss, 2013 @ BYU, 2014 @ Kansas, 2015 @ UND & @WVU, 2016 @ Cal & @OSU, 2017 @ USC where we never sat anywhere better than probably the 3rd to last row in the corner of the endzone.  We're ballers like that.  Makes me feel like that poor Fenway guy.  

51 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I was on the field as a student right after they finished the NEZ. I couldnt believe how good it was. Then I turned around and realized what I thought the SEZ would look like if it mirrored what they'd done with the north. Absolutely incredible stadium. 

Instead we have this Mickey Mouse cheap ass looking disjointed garbage. Absolutely terrible. Fuck everything about this abomination. 

You should have offered to pay to have the Moncrief Newhouse Athletic Center torn down and rebuilt slightly to the south.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

Cry more. 

3 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

Remember the model they used to have of that, to keep our hopes up?

Gettin' a little dusty in here ... :sniffle:

1Zpi654-JIgrydXGpGwnWp0aWrLwq0EMyDswLLrl

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

We went on a hot streak from 2010 @ Nebraska, 2011 @ UCLA, 2012 @ Ole Miss, 2013 @ BYU, 2014 @ Kansas, 2015 @ UND & @WVU, 2016 @ Cal & @OSU, 2017 @ USC where we never sat anywhere better than probably the 3rd to last row in the corner of the endzone.  We're ballers like that.  Makes me feel like that poor Fenway guy.  

At least at Fenway they tend to look the other way if you move to open areas ... unlike at Wrigley. Fuck Wrigley. Overrated. Fenway is amazing.

7 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

fly-no-need-to-be-upset.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2