RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2019 at 8:26 PM, Bullneck said:

Has there been any progress over the last couple of months?   Are they waiting for the season to be over?

Yes but it's underground. They've been pouring the underground piers for the structural support.

Does anyone know how much of moncrief is getting torn down for the project? I think it's everything north of the white arch roof but I haven't heard anything for sure. It doesn't seem like they can fit the stands, suites and offices behind the suites without tearing down at least the north end of moncrief.

Edited by Pasken

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

On that rendering, it appears that the windows in the horns will be looking directly at walls. Hopefully it’s just not a good perspective and they will look over those walls, or the windows won’t extend that far. 

The walls probably aren't as high up as you are thinking they are.

42 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Every seat has a line of sight on the field and it will probably be built to a high quality, so above that.

Kind of tacky looking though, for sure.

I'm sure it will be high quality for as much as we are spending.  But, yes, tacky is more what I was going for.  Really tacky in my view.  

I think it's just a shitty rendering. The previously released images and the pics in the marketing materials look way, way better. They also show that while some office views will be obscured on the Longhorn Patio, it won't be 100% obscured. But honestly, who all needs the unobstructed, perfect view of the stadium from their office? Just the head coach. I don't give a company fuck if Drew Mehringer's office looks straight into a wall. I don't care, and would honestly prefer, if Drew Mehringer's office was a fucking dumpster that was on fire somewhere down Red River. 

I think it looks cool in the original renderings, and it *should* look badass when viewed from the TV cameras at a slight angle. But I guess we'll see. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'm in the minority but I think it looks badass.  When they get that thing lit up with LED lights at night it's gonna be awesome.  So singular, so unique.

You have one more in the minority. When the stadium was first extended and the south end zone was left undone, I discussed with a few people how it would be a good idea to somehow incorporate a longhorn in the south end zone when it was eventually built. So, when I saw it in the design in the survey that was sent out about purchasing different types of seats for the SEZ, I mentioned that I loved it being incorporated in the comments section. Of course my discussions way back then was with folks of no consequence and my vision was nowhere as good as what they came up with in the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Golden Hat said:

For starters, it's the wrong fucking shape.

The north end zone renovation ended up looking great, so I still have hope someone up there knows what they are doing.

The north end zone renovation ended up looking great because it was designed to integrate with the rest of the stadium and especially the east side upper deck reno.

This thing looks like shit by design, and it's not ever going to get any better.

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think it's just a shitty rendering. The previously released images and the pics in the marketing materials look way, way better. They also show that while some office views will be obscured on the Longhorn Patio, it won't be 100% obscured. But honestly, who all needs the unobstructed, perfect view of the stadium from their office? Just the head coach. I don't give a company fuck if Drew Mehringer's office looks straight into a wall. I don't care, and would honestly prefer, if Drew Mehringer's office was a fucking dumpster that was on fire somewhere down Red River. 

I think it looks cool in the original renderings, and it *should* look badass when viewed from the TV cameras at a slight angle. But I guess we'll see. 

The worst part about this whole thing is Mehringer still having an office in two years.

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)