Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/14/2019 at 2:35 PM, SydneyCarton said:

I think it's just a shitty rendering. The previously released images and the pics in the marketing materials look way, way better. They also show that while some office views will be obscured on the Longhorn Patio, it won't be 100% obscured. But honestly, who all needs the unobstructed, perfect view of the stadium from their office? Just the head coach. I don't give a company fuck if Drew Mehringer's office looks straight into a wall. I don't care, and would honestly prefer, if Drew Mehringer's office was a fucking dumpster that was on fire somewhere down Red River. 

I think it looks cool in the original renderings, and it *should* look badass when viewed from the TV cameras at a slight angle. But I guess we'll see. 

Mehs coaching was criminal, he should be staring at walls in Huntsville imo.

2019-12-13-03-54-PM-CST.jpg

On 12/11/2019 at 11:15 PM, Roofle said:

Godzillatron was completely replaced in 2017. I'm sure they'll find something to do with the panels they're removing.

Yea, they very carefully take it down panel by panel. It's probably the same screen they'll use in the new structure. 

Edited by Pasken

On 12/2/2019 at 8:21 PM, closetojumping said:

You can put that idiot on ignore and you will never miss a single thing about his existence. First guy I ever put on ignore and I liked it so much that I started using the functionality a lot more freely and it’s been great on both boards. At one point early on for me at Shaggy, I tried to figure that dipshit out and it eventually hit me that there are indeed true, full-blown retards out there who have a keyboard and access to the Internet. 

Animated GIF

Edited by Junior Miller

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pasken said:

Anyone know if the north side of moncrief has been cleared out? I imagine they need to demolish it soon.

https://texassports.com/sports/2019/6/11/darrell-k-royal-texas-memorial-stadium-south-endzone-webcam.aspx

Edit: oh you probably mean the inside.  I imagine you're right considering the progress they're making between Moncrief and the field.

Edited by LonghornSean

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Hmm it seems like if we play our cards right we could solve a lot of our problems here pretty quickly.

Herman: "Hey, Shaka, how you doin?"

Shaka: "Erm um I'm erm um I'm good. Where is everybody?"

Pierce: "SO FAR IT'S JUST THE THREE OF US!!!!! NO ONE ELSE HAS SHOWN UP TO THE BIG MEETING DEL CONTE SCHEDULED!"

tenor.gif?itemid=4971118

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

https://texassports.com/sports/2019/6/11/darrell-k-royal-texas-memorial-stadium-south-endzone-webcam.aspx

Edit: oh you probably mean the inside.  I imagine you're right considering the progress they're making between Moncrief and the field.

Yea the inside. That might give us an idea when we'll start to see them demolish the north half of the building. 

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Was the stadium orientated N/S back then? Which direction is behind the scoreboard

No. E/W. Then in '53, they just picked the entire thing up and turned it 90 degrees.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deej said:

No. E/W. Then in '53, they just picked the entire thing up and turned it 90 degrees.

Don't be silly, they couldn't do that.  They could only turn it 45 degrees.  They had to let it sit like that for a few yearrs and then finished turning it

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

• 4 weeks later...

3a57-1580983775752461.jpg

So I've been assuming they would be demolishing the north half of Moncrief but it looks like they've prepped it for adjacent construction. Are they building the new end zone structure around and above Moncrief?

Edited by Pasken

2 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

Who else is old enough to remember pick up football games on the weekends in the stadium, on the astroturf? No locks, no security, no problems. Just another place to walk to to get out of your West Campus roach motel for a few hours.

Yep.  You could even bring females at night.  Night putting. 

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)