Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The renderings we’ve seen so far appear to have the wall blocking views from the lowest Section 1 straight on seats of Bevo’s pen and possibly the lower right corner of the video board. That’s why I was wondering if we could see an overhead view.

edited to add: I hope so, taybo. FWIW, my seats are on row 60+, adjacent to Section 2 

Edited by Armybrat

16 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

The renderings we’ve seen so far appear to have the wall blocking views from the lowest Section 1 straight on seats of Bevo’s pen and possibly the lower right corner of the video board.

giphy.gif

Edited by Pasken
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

The renderings we’ve seen so far appear to have the wall blocking views from the lowest Section 1 straight on seats of Bevo’s pen and possibly the lower right corner of the video board. That’s why I was wondering if we could see an overhead view.

edited to add: I hope so, taybo. FWIW, my seats are on row 60+, adjacent to Section 2 

You’re supposed to watch the game, not Bevo. If you need to see Bevo, the Videoboard, and the game. Buy better seats 

Edited by Neonmoon

I do watch the entire game and can see just fine.  I was talking about the poor saps down in the corner... if they get some of their previous view blocked off. What is so hard to understand about that? If it turns out not to happen that way, then all is good.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:08 PM, Neonmoon said:

You’re supposed to watch the game, not Bevo. If you need to see Bevo, the Videoboard, and the game. Buy better seats 

On 5/17/2020 at 7:12 PM, Armybrat said:

I do watch the entire game and can see just fine.  I was talking about the poor saps down in the corner... if they get some of their previous view blocked off. What is so hard to understand about that? If it turns out not to happen that way, then all is good.

There are also many breaks in the game to enjoy looking at other aspects of actually going to the game in person, like bevo and the cannon.

the seating design even in those sections past the end zone is relatively parallel to the sideline, and the risers are concrete. 

so you can’t exactly angle the bleachers to actually face the field, which means those close to the new wall will be facing the wall and turning their head/body to see the field. 

or is there some plan to change the seat angle in those sections via retrofitting?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Because there was no "GONG!"?

Probably because of the trauma.

(And yeah, it would have to be north because we didn't have seats in the SEZ until the last few years. Duh on my part.)

Edited by Tex Pete

Fun fact. In 1982, after we lost to SMU1,  I crawled along the top of that wall in an end run around the campus police guarding an ABC Sports banner that was hanging under the previous scoreboard. They were so busy watching the dozens of people that had the same idea to take it that they never turned around to look at it until I was safely under the West side upper deck. I'm still surprised no one that was observing it didn't tell them to turn around. Banner still hangs in my garage.

Craig James caught a touchdown pass and killed five hookers.

• Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)