Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they are starting to put in the chairbacks, which gives some indication of what the 25% capacity/social distancing will look like.Also have installed those protective orange barriers on both sides. 
image.thumb.png.129ae8aa957f13fcb0a67e0045b847d5.png
image.thumb.png.cc7ee9c365bc4e6826d16f4bc3d9e5a9.png

Are the end zone stands higher than the original stands?

30 minutes ago, vtaenz said:
8 hours ago, GTNY said:
Looks like they are starting to put in the chairbacks, which gives some indication of what the 25% capacity/social distancing will look like.Also have installed those protective orange barriers on both sides. 
image.thumb.png.129ae8aa957f13fcb0a67e0045b847d5.png
image.thumb.png.cc7ee9c365bc4e6826d16f4bc3d9e5a9.png

Are the end zone stands higher than the original stands?

Uh yeah quite a bit. They designed it to go on top of the exiting risers on the south end. It’s why there will be concrete terraces at the seams, Gainesville-like.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:23 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Uh yeah quite a bit. They designed it to go on top of the exiting risers on the south end. It’s why there will be concrete terraces at the seams, Gainesville-like.

complete with catchy slogans on the wall? Like "Welcome to RW/EC field at DKR-TMS! This is Longhorn country...." rolls off the tongue so nicely

On 8/30/2020 at 11:23 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

BHG stadium is a fun place to watch a game. They don’t call it the Swamp for nothing, but there’s plenty of hot young hammered sweaty chicks to make it all worth it. Plus (at least when I went to a game there) there were 3-4 bars directly across the street from the stadium so you could maximize your pregaming....

Not sure where I saw it (thought it was this thread, but not finding it now), but it looked like the game clock and play clock had been moved down to the barricades with the decorative padding that was installed yesterday

er... maybe it was just the play clock

Edited by Stinkpalm

34 minutes ago, Stinkpalm said:

Not sure where I saw it (thought it was this thread, but not finding it now), but it looked like the game clock and play clock had been moved down to the barricades with the decorative padding that was installed yesterday

er... maybe it was just the play clock

Yeah, I see the play clock. The game clock that was in place as late as Sunday has been removed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

You mean the external south side view will no longer look like the backside of a drive-in theatre, with a fireworks stand on top and two bitchin’ speaker boxes my buddy made out of plywood, but it’s pretty cool because he found a nice color match at Sherwin-Williams?

spacer.png

Damn it! Now that goal post is out of alignment. How hard is it to turn the stadium so that both goalposts are centered?

It was mentioned in the new game day experience I believe. Not sure how they’re choosing but I remember there being a hashtag or third party social media company participating.

It looks like shit. Or it did during their test run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was mentioned in the new game day experience I believe. Not sure how they’re choosing but I remember there being a hashtag or third party social media company participating.

It looks like shit. Or it did during their test run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 minutes ago, GTNY said:

Anyone go  to the game this weekend and see it in person? Curious how peoples reactions were. 

I went.  Fans well spread out, zero beer lines (biggest plus).   Obviously not much electricity but nice experience considering we're in a pandemic.  Had a very spring game feel especially with the blowout.  Will be more interesting/weird in a tight game.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)