Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

I wonder when are going to replace the Bubble with an indoor practice facility?

Are we keeping the weight room and training rooms as is in the S end zone area?

Oh right. A new football indoor facility was including in the 2016 plan along with a new outdoor Dennis facility next to DF.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-15-at-9-48-03-AM.png

Edited by Pasken

42 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sure looks to me like there should be additional suite stacks on the outside of the ones there, to fill more empty space. 
were sightlines and/or capital corridor a constraint here?

They would have had to demolish some of the west and east stands in order to build a support structure for another box of suites. 

1 hour ago, Sleepygrad said:

I'm curious about the tickets. Do fans get specific section/seat numbers based on the size of their party, or are they just given a section and you go find your own socially distanced spot within that section?

the tickets I had were for a specific seat and section.

7 minutes ago, Pasken said:

They would have had to demolish some of the west and east stands in order to build a support structure for another box of suites. 

That in and of itself doesn’t strike me as a reason not to do it, especially if the additional 10-12 suites would be all but guaranteed to be bought. 

2 year timeline constraint?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

2 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

I think it gets into the structural integrity of the west side upper deck and would have been a fortune more to do.

I won’t belabor it anymore after this, and building it out to my preferences really never made it very far into the process, but we demo’d half the northern west side end section and my two assumptions would be that this additional demo wouldn’t be more invasive than that, and that the engineering was symmetrical north to south.  

I won’t belabor it anymore after this, and building it out to my preferences really never made it very far into the process, but we demo’d half the northern west side end section and my two assumptions would be that this additional demo wouldn’t be more invasive than that, and that the engineering was symmetrical north to south.  

According to my quick calculations back when the NEZ was constructed it cost 150mill in today’s cash with inflation you’re looking at 180mill, not including video board and all the amentities that are included with the SEZ project that is estimated at 200mill.

Maybe someone could break down further but I’m just guessing

4 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

According to my quick calculations back when the NEZ was constructed it cost 150mill in today’s cash with inflation you’re looking at 180mill, not including video board and all the amentities that are included with the SEZ project that is estimated at 200mill.

Maybe someone could break down further but I’m just guessing

It's the same video board as last year but with a few less panels.

It's the same video board as last year but with a few less panels.

I’m talking about cost going from old video to new video board that was apart of SEZ cost but wasn’t associated with NEZ cost at the time.

Just a guess but if we tied into the SEZ like we did the NEZ we’d be looking at an increased cost of 25-40 million dollars.

1 minute ago, Bevo VIII said:

I’m talking about cost going from old video to new video board that was apart of SEZ cost but wasn’t associated with NEZ cost at the time.

Just a guess but if we tied into the SEZ like we did the NEZ we’d be looking at an increased cost of 25-40 million dollars.

That wasn't possible without bulldozing the football offices. SEZ has a very small footprint so the stands are going to be much more steep which means you can't match the stands to the east and west stands.

This stadium sucks. If there is one thing aggie has shown us with Kyle Field is that the largest part of the stadium, holding the most people, should be in the endzone. And no more male cheerleaders. Plus, we need more pet graveyards in the area. And nazi rituals in the stands. 

In summation: everyone in the endzone, violent homoerotic imagery and dead animals. 

CDC, I await your prompt response.

Anyone interested in the stadium and capitol view corridors can check out this page:

http://1nsane.info/map/cvc.html

That guy created a file you can download into Google Earth that will show you exactly where the CVC's cut through the city.

There are two that intersect the stadium, the one from the intersection of 38th and Red River, and the one from the LBJ Library plaza.

The 38th at Red River CVC was pretty much blocked by both the west side upper deck and the NEZ construction.  It also goes right through the PAC and a state office building.  It does not affect the south end zone.  If you are standing on the top ramp on your way to the westside upper deck, as far south as you can go, you are pretty much in that CVC.

The eastern side of the new SEZ does appear to be in the LBJ Library CVC, but has no effect on the view because the east side upper deck already completely blocks the LBJ Library CVC, along with many of the trees around the LBJ Library fountain.

Both of those CVCs probably should be removed or shortened because the stadium isn't going anywhere and it blocks both views.  The LBJ Library capitol view is now effectively the south side of the SEZ capitol view.  Hopefully they are taking advantage of it.

The "gap" where you can see the capitol while you are in the stadium is not in a CVC.

Edited by Texas Jeff
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)