Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

@SydneyCarton and I got a loge suite. 4 seats, catered and covered. I haven’t given it much thought since signing on for it in 2019, but looking at the photos now and realizing we’re not that far away is fun. 

Having a new regime is even better news, and opening against a good Louisiana team that will probably be ranked is also good to think about. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

@SydneyCarton and I got a loge suite. 4 seats, catered and covered. I haven’t given it much thought since signing on for it in 2019, but looking at the photos now and realizing we’re not that far away is fun. 

Having a new regime is even better news, and opening against a good Louisiana team that will probably be ranked is also good to think about. 

Do you get ou ticket options when you buy a suite like that, and if so do you yet know the quality of the tickets?

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Do you get ou ticket options when you buy a suite like that, and if so do you yet know the quality of the tickets?

No clue. I’ve never had season tickets before and never looked into it. I have to think we will, with the contribution levels plus this. All of the sudden, my wife is hoping/expecting that we’re going to the RRS this year, so we better get a look. 

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No clue. I’ve never had season tickets before and never looked into it. I have to think we will, with the contribution levels plus this. All of the sudden, my wife is hoping/expecting that we’re going to the RRS this year, so we better get a look. 

You get OU tickets for ~$150 each, with locations based on loyalty points. Given the 150k capital contribution, you’ll be in a great spot!

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You guys must be nurses to be able to drop that kind of cash.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Correct. We get options for tickets and priority based upon our donor level. Our contact actually offered them to us last year as an advanced courtesy despite us not being on the books yet. Like everything else it’s a point system, and we should be getting the options. Probably good options. 

On 1/21/2021 at 6:39 PM, GTNY said:

image.png.5f9ed60cf7b8692c375045d35a8e68ff.png

I’m not going to pocket watch anyone or be jealous of those with more than me but I can’t even fathom dropping 500k for the right to drop 4K a seat to a football game. 
mid you’ve got it so that doesn’t matter to you more power to you, but I feel like I’d have to be worth something like 9 figures before I’d even consider it- the fact that we’ve got people on here that have done that is just sort of stunning to me. 
I mean, I don’t know, even just paying 32k a year for the seats I’m thinking I’d have to make 7 figures to say I’m in. 
I can only assume you fuckers doing. That either have this insanely prioritized or you can buy and sell the average murse 10 times over. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m not going to pocket watch anyone or be jealous of those with more than me but I can’t even fathom dropping 500k for the right to drop 4K a seat to a football game. 
mid you’ve got it so that doesn’t matter to you more power to you, but I feel like I’d have to be worth something like 9 figures before I’d even consider it- the fact that we’ve got people on here that have done that is just sort of stunning to me. 
I mean, I don’t know, even just paying 32k a year for the seats I’m thinking I’d have to make 7 figures to say I’m in. 
I can only assume you fuckers doing. That either have this insanely prioritized or you can buy and sell the average murse 10 times over. 

It’s a gift.  A donation.  The seats are a tote bag, cookbook, and CD box set. 

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It’s a gift.  A donation.  The seats are a tote bag, cookbook, and CD box set. 

Yeah but that’s paying $4k per tote bag even there. 
like I said- I ain’t jelly, do whatever makes you happy, but man- it takes my breath away to think of spending $666 per seat to go see us play Kansas. 

3 hours ago, Herminator said:

Construction materials are the green and blue panels. Eventually they will be covered by burnt orange panels. 

If this is true, how come they just don't start off as burnt orange, huh? Surely there's money in the budget for burnt orange construction materials? Hell, we already have Hook 'em ductwork. It's doubly-super bad because the Seahawk colors may remind recruits of the real 12th Man which would make aggy really mad at us. Damn CDC is shooting his own foot here. Electric blue and lime green are not our standard. Burnt orange construction panels or bust! We're the University of Texas, not some compass point backwater.

9 minutes ago, Somnio said:

Aren't most boxes purchased by large, profitable corporations and not individuals?

In the pro world; yes.  I work for a large company and we have boxes at several pro stadiums/arenas that I've been able to periodically use.  I'm wondering the something about college.  The company I work for doesn't own any.  

12 minutes ago, shaq said:

The moisture barrier on concrete is such a waste

DKR won't require acoustically necessary PVC pipes to dissipate noise away from the structure unlike, pyle field.

Doing a job correctly requires time and forethought. This structure Won't crumble and be a bonfire redux in a few years.

9 hours ago, Somnio said:

Aren't most boxes purchased by large, profitable corporations and not individuals?

You don’t have to be a profitable business to spend a shit ton of money on things like sports season tickets.

At Texas I don’t think that’s actually the case though, at least historically, every interaction I’ve had with box owners, it was private individuals. Maybe the price point for the new end zone shifts that?  I wonder if guys like Joe Rogan or Elon Musk will buy one after moving to Texas.

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

You don’t have to be a profitable business to spend a shit ton of money on things like sports season tickets.

At Texas I don’t think that’s actually the case though, at least historically, every interaction I’ve had with box owners, it was private individuals. Maybe the price point for the new end zone shifts that?  I wonder if guys like Joe Rogan or Elon Musk will buy one after moving to Texas.

Joe Rogan- possibly 

Elon Musk- no

Tesla- possibly

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)