Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/24/2021 at 10:40 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

Still thinking my mega set up in my living room with 80" big screen and my topless wife delivering libations and food are far better and cheaper than this bullshit is the best deal...and no you can't buy seats at any price...

I am beyond the 1% ,bunch of damned fools.

You've incurred a tiddy tax. The masses require payment.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/25/2021 at 12:32 AM, Voluminous Banality said:

When you explain it this way, that's not bad at all. I might have to look into this in a couple of years when my 40" LCD is paid off.

Holy shit this was funny. I seldom read anything from surly to my wife but she was laughing her ass off too. She's cool spending $300 or so on a couple of seats but thats about all $ I can get her to commit to, and thats only a couple of games a year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Holy shit this was funny. I seldom read anything from surly to my wife but she was laughing her ass off too. She's cool spending $300 or so on a couple of seats but thats about all $ I can get her to commit to, and thats only a couple of games a year. 

Haha. Welcome to Surly, where someone calls a hundred grand for football tickets "a pretty good deal" and a "reasonably priced hobby" and it quickly becomes consensus. 🙃

54 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

There’s a whole movement to design and build for future temps and conditions instead of today’s standards. I hope they were thinking ahead. 

Populous know what they're doing when it comes to stadium design. This is a pretty small project for them.

https://populous.com/

Doubt the admin went nickel-and-dime on the engineering firms either.

On 2/5/2021 at 9:51 PM, Honeysucklerose said:

I hope they illuminate it. We need one heck of a smoke and light show

Honestly during the day is going to look epic too just the way it is. We were freaking out when we saw the drawings the tunnel is a really big deal. It's going to be iconic.

Also, I may have to go buy a stupid PS5 just to play the game again and with this completed stadium and behind the center camera gonna be sweet.

On 2/8/2021 at 10:52 PM, Zeus said:

Honestly during the day is going to look epic too just the way it is. We were freaking out when we saw the drawings the tunnel is a really big deal. It's going to be iconic.

Also, I may have to go buy a stupid PS5 just to play the game again and with this completed stadium and behind the center camera gonna be sweet.

When I was in high school, our boosters bought is an inflatable tunnel. That was a really big deal for a midsize 3A school 20 years ago. Literally no one else in the country will have anything like this at any level. It will take a decent chunk of time for others to figure out how they can incorporate their schools symbol or their tram mascot into the architecture like this. Due to some having to contend with budgetary constraints or just choosing a shitty symbol/mascot, many will be eliminated from even considering trying to copy. Fortunately for Texas, we don't have either of those issues.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Literally no one else in the country will have anything like this at any level. It will take a decent chunk of time for others to figure out how they can incorporate their schools symbol or their tram mascot into the architecture like this.

I think that one's pretty West Lafayette specific

7d028768b029c476d6fa41b7548572ff.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Yeah hadn't heard of us doing that either.

If we ever host LSU again we can put them in the restricted view seats to REALLY piss them off for lack of hospitality after their outrage at being put in the upper deck corner like every other visiting fanbase. (yes I know it's only 100 seats)

Edited by LonghornSean

On 2/19/2021 at 1:01 PM, canadianhorn21 said:

New North Board

image.thumb.png.dd6badaef31f6962bc887c82418d6570.png

image.thumb.png.aca8ca2632a2cc5b8793827e7f7e40dd.png

13 hours ago, Machinator said:

9 hours ago, Machinator said:

Stadium capacity will be going down if the north end zone score board put in...

But considering the trends of attendance (outside of COVID), I don't see that as a bad thing really.

Wonder if it'll drop < 100,000.

Quick math shows that we'd be ~99,000 if south end zone is same # of seats as before and we lose 1080 seats in the north 

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Stadium capacity will be going down if the north end zone score board put in...

But considering the trends of attendance (outside of COVID), I don't see that as a bad thing really.

Wonder if it'll drop < 100,000.

Quick math shows that we'd be ~99,000 if south end zone is same # of seats as before and we lose 1080 seats in the north 

They’ll count everyone within a quarter mile of the stadium to announce over 100k in attendance. I’m also curious how many folks will be allowed on each step of those standing room party decks. 

I think Alabama traded in seats for an opposing scoreboard, and if they can’t pack it out then no one can. 

38 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

yeah they should just completely remove the 100 restricted view seats and put some more statues or busts or something in those areas.  another opportunity for go go dancers too.

So you want to hide the go go dancers behind the board? What's wrong with you? 

14 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Seeing how loud we CAN get (Houston 1990) with less than 100k, i agree.  You have a good product on the field and right opponent,  the stadium will be plenty loud. 

We say that but reality is even during the 2004-2009 era only 1 game really sticks out in terms of loud and that was 08 Missouri.

• Like 2

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)