Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MAUFRAIS said:

first explanation i've heard.  thanks.  how are they able to connect on the north side?

Similar slopes allow for a transition even if the slopes aren't exact. The south end zone had much less of a footprint to work with because of the existing training building behind it so the seating has a much sharper slope. 

2 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

first explanation i've heard.  thanks.  how are they able to connect on the north side?

Why would I want my pristine new SEZ to connect to the areas housing the rest of you unwashed hillbillies? 

Yes, I realize you meant how they managed to enclose the NEZ into a horseshoe but I couldn't miss this opportunity. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Why would I want my pristine new SEZ to connect to the areas housing the rest of you unwashed hillbillies? 

Yes, I realize you meant how they managed to enclose the NEZ into a horseshoe but I couldn't miss this opportunity. 

this was the theory i was going with, that they wanted to restrict access to the new pricey area.

i will say i am looking forward to the first rainy game and watching the loge box people's reactions from my cheap seats up under the overhang.

6 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Similar slopes allow for a transition even if the slopes aren't exact. The south end zone had much less of a footprint to work with because of the existing training building behind it so the seating has a much sharper slope. 

this makes sense.  still disappointing though.  i'm mostly impressed with how it's turning out but think those viewing platforms might turn out weird.

5 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

this was the theory i was going with, that they wanted to restrict access to the new pricey area.

i will say i am looking forward to the first rainy game and watching the loge box people's reactions from my cheap seats up under the overhang.

Not sure what you mean. Under the overhang? 

loge box seats are pretty close to under the scoreboard, they should be somewhat protected from rain? 

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is that what they told you when they were hoping for your 75k?

Nah, this is just me looking at a seat map. Shit, I’ve been to games in the rain before, IDGAF.  

The winning aspect of their pitch for me was access to a kids playground in the Mezzinine area if our boy gets unruly, air vents to blow in cool air and the endless hope that one day were not going to fucking suck at football. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Nah, this is just me looking at a seat map. Shit, I’ve been to games in the rain before, IDGAF.  

The winning aspect of their pitch for me was access to a kids playground in the Mezzinine area if our boy gets unruly, air vents to blow in cool air and the endless hope that one day were not going to fucking suck at football. 

can you and @closetojumping do a raffle so us less fortunate surly posters have a chance to experience a regular Carton & CTJ gameday?

40 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

can you and @closetojumping do a raffle so us less fortunate surly posters have a chance to experience a regular Carton & CTJ gameday?

The surly Olympics and livestock show is happening this fall, sir. But you don’t really need anything special to experience it yourself. Be hungover AF and then repress all your natural instincts to punch CTJ in the face for 3 hours, or throw him bodily out of the box into the Longhorn emblem cutout .  

Edited by SydneyCarton

38 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I'm sure at some point, in future years, neither of us will want to go watch the UTSA game or some shit and we'll just fucking sell the tickets to some of you if you're interested and promise not to graffiti the seats or whatever. That last part probably excludes anyone I don't "know" from Surly, but plenty of y'all could gladly give it a go. They don't give a shit who you are as long as you have the tickets, as far I understand the access.

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The surly Olympic and livestock show is happening this fall, sir. But you don’t really need anything special to experience it yourself. Be hungover AF and then repress all your natural instincts to punch CTJ in the face for 3 hours, or throw him bodily out of the box into the Longhorn emblem cutout .  

Outside of a couple of pussies who have been butthurt about me as a poster for more than a decade, the rest of this board would vastly prefer to hear of your plummet from several hundred feet versus mine. I mean, we're probably in everyone's "top 10 surly posters I can't wait to be dead" list, so we might be splitting hairs. Hearts and minds could change after I win multiple events at the Surly Olympics, Livestock Show, and Tiesto-dj'ed Pool Party and folks are then green with envy, of course. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I'm sure at some point, in future years, neither of us will want to go watch the UTSA game or some shit and we'll just fucking sell the tickets to some of you if you're interested and promise not to graffiti the seats or whatever. That last part probably excludes anyone I don't "know" from Surly, but plenty of y'all could gladly give it a go. They don't give a shit who you are as long as you have the tickets, as far I understand the access.

Outside of a couple of pussies who have been butthurt about me as a poster for more than a decade, the rest of this board would vastly prefer to hear of your plummet from several hundred feet versus mine. I mean, we're probably in everyone's "top 10 surly posters I can't wait to be dead" list, so we might be splitting hairs. Hearts and minds could change after I win multiple events at the Surly Olympics, Livestock Show, and Tiesto-dj'ed Pool Party and folks are then green with envy, of course. 

I mean...I was just speaking for myself. He wanted to know what my gameday experience was like so I shared. 

I feel like I'm delightful in person, sir. 

If you're planning on coming home with several medals, then I know you've added a Hostess Orange Cupcake eating competition to the event list. 

When I said Livestock show, I was kind of just assuming some of these people were going to bring their wives and significant others, so we might want to rethink a pool party. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean...I was just speaking for myself. He wanted to know what my gameday experience was like so I shared. 

If you're planning on coming home with several medals, then I know you've added a Hostess Orange Cupcake eating competition to the event list. 

When I said Livestock show, I was kind of just assuming some of these people were going to bring their wives and significant others, so we might want to rethink a pool party. 

To your final points, I told my wife about it and she was like “why would i want to go watch you embarrass yourself with Sydney and other creepy dudes from the Internet?” So, Tiesto might actually win the day for us ... until Louisiana destroys it. 

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

To your final points, I told my wife about it and she was like “why would i want to go watch you embarrass yourself with Sydney and other creepy dudes from the Internet?” So, Tiesto might actually win the day for us ... until Louisiana destroys it. 

I was just counting on my wife taking our son and going shopping or something or a couple hours and showing up closer to game time. But now you're just going to have to acquire a pool. And don't spare the expense, because I know this shit isn't going to fly with your wife or probably local health officials:

Philly shuts down dumpster pools: 'We are not screwing around'

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I was just counting on my wife taking our son and going shopping or something or a couple hours and showing up closer to game time. But now you're just going to have to acquire a pool. And don't spare the expense, because I know this shit isn't going to fly with your wife or probably local health officials:

I think I caught a bunch of bad stuff just looking at that pic.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,#nopedo

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

bill murray comedy GIF

On 3/25/2021 at 10:52 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Nah, this is just me looking at a seat map. Shit, I’ve been to games in the rain before

Yeah, outside of the 2000 season where it rained every fucking conference home game, the KSU game in 2015(?), and the epic Mizzou deluge in 1996, rain hasn’t been an issue in my 32 years as a season ticket holder....

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Yeah, outside of the 2000 season where it rained every fucking conference home game, the KSU game in 2015(?), and the epic Mizzou deluge in 1996, rain hasn’t been an issue in my 32 years as a season ticket holder....

Didn’t it rain for Ohio State in 2006?  Or is my memory shitty?

On 3/29/2021 at 7:49 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Are those transitions going to remain exposed structural steel?  They were all concrete or at least boxed concrete in the renderings. 

Naw, that's where the open air urinals are going.

Also rained a decent amount in 2007 when Jordy Nelson pushed our shit in and Colt threw four picks, but your point still stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/29/2021 at 7:21 PM, TKthunder2 said:

Didn’t it rain for Ohio State in 2006?  Or is my memory shitty?

I think it did atleast after the game.  I remember us all back at our tailgate drinking it’s raining and a fight breaks out across the parking lot.  One of our friends see a guy he knows in the fight and goes to try and break it up or something.  He gets punched in the face says f this and turns around and comes back to the tent to continue drinking beer as we laugh at him.

did it rain for Texas Tech on Thanksgiving 2019? maybe it was just misty. 

it rained for a KU game a few years ago...i bought tickets from a bigwig at work and we were 50 yard line under the underhang, it was quite fun 🤘😃

Edited by mchookem

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I think it did atleast after the game.  I remember us all back at our tailgate drinking it’s raining and a fight breaks out across the parking lot.  One of our friends see a guy he knows in the fight and goes to try and break it up or something.  He gets punched in the face says f this and turns around and comes back to the tent to continue drinking beer as we laugh at him.

See, I remember it being a super clear night...those were the early days of HD and the game looked great on ABC primetime that night. Maybe it rained after the game, but I don't remember weather being an issue that night at all

49 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

See, I remember it being a super clear night...those were the early days of HD and the game looked great on ABC primetime that night. Maybe it rained after the game, but I don't remember weather being an issue that night at all

There’s a good chance it was another game maybe that year or the one before, it’s been a long time and lots of beers since.  

22 hours ago, Noogman said:

Also rained a decent amount in 2007 when Jordy Nelson pushed our shit in and Colt threw four picks, but your point still stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yeah I forgot about that God forsaken game but you’re right.  Didn’t they return two kicks for TDs?

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You might be thinking of the 1999? Apple turnover game and David Allen’s returns. 

or maybe it was both. Fml. 

Lol, no those are two different games. David Allen definitely stuck it up our ass in 1999, but I think (too lazy to look up) they took two kickoffs/punts to the house in 2007. Might be wrong, they definitely had one

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)