Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New turf has a different shade of Burnt Orange.
Think its old turf, but appears to be close to actual burnt orange. Between all the other things painted burnt orange in the stadium plus player uniforms and a variety of polos, tshirts, hats in the stands..I fully expect 5-6 different shades on gamedays.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Sure. We gonna bring back Pryor from the dead too? I don't really need to hear that chucklefuck Bob Cole going "Aaaaand now, it's time for your favorite Longhorn tradition! It's the Slippery Rock score, brought to you by Academy! Now get loud horns, cause we're gonna hear! that! score!". 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

As an official citizen of Longhorn Nation, I like the Slippery Rock thing, but there are other traditions I miss much more...like winning consistently, at home and on the road, beating OU regularly, winning conference championships regularly, and being in the conversation for National Championships on an annual basis.

• Hook 'Em 5

I’m way more bothered by the shitty word placement, lettering and spacing on the new DARRELL K ROYAL TEXAS MEMORIAL STADIUM signs than by any perceived slanted field/misaligned goal post, etc. It looks very cheap. I hope it looks better when the black facing is applied to the camera box in the middle (at least it is integrated into the structure, and not on top like some burnt orange fireworks stand). Edited to add the verbiage was not part of the original renderings.

image.thumb.jpeg.5473dc55632d0e9a9e17add461d749db.jpeg

Edited by Vito Andolini

3 hours ago, 83Horn said:

As an official citizen of Longhorn Nation, I like the Slippery Rock thing, but there are other traditions I miss much more...like winning consistently, at home and on the road, beating OU regularly, winning conference championships regularly, and being in the conversation for National Championships on an annual basis.

Let’s bring back ALL of those traditions!!

At least the south end zone looks much better than the shit show in Columbus, Ohio that has been used to out-recruit us for the last half decade or so.

676F63EE-0788-4AE9-9247-1FF44E80FF2C.jpeg

A1703BE1-74DA-4180-959F-378BC872DDF4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

What are the little terraces in the corners for? Like the green on the left. They seem like dead ends. Is that standing room only tickets?

Orgy decks

13 hours ago, 83Horn said:

🙄

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Red Five said:

Sure. We gonna bring back Pryor from the dead too? I don't really need to hear that chucklefuck Bob Cole going "Aaaaand now, it's time for your favorite Longhorn tradition! It's the Slippery Rock score, brought to you by Academy! Now get loud horns, cause we're gonna hear! that! score!". 

Agreed. It was Wally Pryor's bit and not really a "Texas thing." Bob Cole is annoying enough without stealing someone else's material.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Red Five said:

Christ I can hear it as I read it.  Time for a sharp stick into both ears. 

• Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’m way more bothered by the shitty word placement, lettering and spacing on the new DARRELL K ROYAL TEXAS MEMORIAL STADIUM signs than by any perceived slanted field/misaligned goal post, etc. It looks very cheap. I hope it looks better when the black facing is applied to the camera box in the middle (at least it is integrated into the structure, and not on top like some burnt orange fireworks stand). Edited to add the verbiage was not part of the original renderings.

I think the wording looks great. Not burnt orange and overdone. Great balance to so much already going on in that end zone. Possible its not done yet either. 

17 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Waiting for one of you OCD fucks to complain about the crooked placement of "POPULOUS" on the field.

18 minutes ago, TenCarryTom said:

Never have had ocd till I saw the DKR lettering at the top of the end zone. Instead of centering the letters they put a longhorn on one side. 

There was no planning involved. Compare the distance of the UFCU logo from the longhorn logo on the left to the distance of the UFCU logo from the word “Stadium” on the right. You don’t even have to be OCD to think it looks shitty. 

On 6/23/2021 at 12:47 PM, Tex Pete said:

Agreed. It was Wally Pryor's bit and not really a "Texas thing." Bob Cole is annoying enough without stealing someone else's material.

Folks, you can pick up the “what’s the Slippery Rock score?” tshirts only at Sue Patrick. That’s Sue Patrick!  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

There was no planning involved. Compare the distance of the UFCU logo from the longhorn logo on the left to the distance of the UFCU logo from the word “Stadium” on the right. You don’t even have to be OCD to think it looks shitty. 

Yeah I'm normally a "things will come together surprisingly well when it's done" guy, but that looks lastingly and inexcusably bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Are we sure the offending signage in question isn't temporary?

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Are we sure the offending signage in question isn't temporary?

No, and that’s my hope. Perhaps they will eventually install some more professional signage with illuminated, independent letters, and this is a temporary measure, but even as a stop gap, do better. 

Oh shit, this just in: they will replace the signs, indeed with illuminated letters, but they’re the ones with the exposed bulbs from the recruiting “All gas no brakes” photo shoot, bad kerning included.

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)