Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, tx ind said:

They won’t meltdown, just overreact and add seats to stairs and seats on top of seats and seats in aisles and bathrooms so that they have more.

.....OR, create a standing room only section, and just pack'm in like sardines to insure they have more than we do.  Silly aggy.

6 hours ago, MillerEP said:

From what I can tell, the document says they're adding some premium and student seating, but most will be filled up with suites and coaches offices overlooking the field, a hydrotherapy pool, and some other training offices. It also says they're removing the Godzillatron, but doesn't specify replacing it, or putting it back up.

godzillatron to the gaps?

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Their entire stadium is standing room only, to hear them tell it. 

Double decker seating in the commode stalls..?

6 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

If the put seats in the rest rooms at pyle field, how will they be able to make use of their gloryholes?

Well, when your diet is based on eating fried grits, you have to keep in mind that all the fans can't sit down at once as the benches won't hold up...

22 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Stupid and unnecessary. We’ll never put 115,000 people in it. 

Capacity after the SEZ project will probably be less than before. At least the plan has been that the project will slightly decrease seating, but will increase revenue, as the additions will include suites instead of regular seating.

5 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

i swear to whatever god will get that fucking song out of college athletics... if they play it one more Goddamn time...

I don't know if it will be a thing for UT going forward, but it's part of the pregame ritual for South Carolina.

Edited by Machinator

1 hour ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

why is a schools band not good enough? what about their own culture and traditions? Jesus H Titty Fucking Christ!

Carolina has come onto the field for years to a recording of what I’m sure most of them know as the ric flair ring entrance music, so I’m not sure they even have a band or what it might play. 

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Carolina has come onto the field for years to a recording of what I’m sure most of them know as the ric flair ring entrance music, so I’m not sure they even have a band or what it might play. 

Muschamp does like Nickelback, so...

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Need to get some renderings out in the public space so that recruits can see what it will look like their last few years. 

What are the odds the SEZ project includes a set of stairs to nowhere or seats that have no view? You know, like "truly elite" facilities have. lol

It would be RAD if they added a Safe Standing student section like they have behind the goals in many euro stadiums for supporter groups (although one of these examples is from an MLS stadium). Easy to do, forces student involvement, first come first served kinda thing

gzaW7fQ.jpg

Celtic-safe-standing.jpg

Edited by Bottlecap

Five years ago I'd have said all we have to do is win. Not so sure anymore. Two years in a row now we've seen reports of declining attendance nationwide, with the biggest conferences with the biggest stadiums seeing the largest declines. People don't care as much as they used to, and I suspect that trend will never reverse.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, SmartAsset said:

Five years ago I'd have said all we have to do is win. Not so sure anymore. Two years in a row now we've seen reports of declining attendance nationwide, with the biggest conferences with the biggest stadiums seeing the largest declines. People don't care as much as they used to, and I suspect that trend will never reverse.

Things seem to have gotten stagnant at the top of college football.  The last 4 years have seen the same 6 teams have any viable shot at the title so I think people are getting bored with it.  Texas getting back into the mix would shake things up something and also wake our dormant fanbase.  If we get back to losing just 1-2 games a year and dominating the teams we should then people will fill the stadium back up. 

"That's Gash!", an exciting new game show on Surly where contestants have to determine what's gash......and what's not!!! You'll cream your jeans at all the hot snatch, but then turn in horror at what would at best be called a vagina. Stay tuned for more details on "That's Gash!", coming soon on SurlyTexas!!

• Haha 1

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)