Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

No webcam like we had with the north endzone?

Shit, all we've had so far is a few renderings showing what it'll look like from 2 or 3 POVs.  Any other school that embarks on a reno project like this produces a fancy video with fly-throughs showing a bunch of different angles.  I'm shocked that someone as detail oriented as CDC is hasn't been all over doing that.  I suspect there's a reason for it.  Just like there's a reason that we have no idea what the new basketball arena will look like.  I'm not smart enough to know what those reasons are though.

Edited by Hairy Biped

Just now, Hairy Biped said:

Shit, all we've had so far is a few renderings showing what it'll look like from 2 or 3 POVs.  Any other school that embarks on a reno project like this produces a fancy video with fly-throughs showing a bunch of different angles.  I'm shocked that someone as detail oriented as CDC is hasn't been all over doing that.  I suspect there's a reason for it.  Just like there's a reason that we have no idea what the new basketball arena will look like.  I'm not smart enough to know what those reasons are though.

It's got a LOT of awesome details, but it's best to work through the design process before showing off. I'd say just let the anticipation build for what is rumored instead of showing something that may not happen or look the same as the rendering makes it look. Then when it's done it's a huge awesome surprise and you can do drone fly byes of the real thing before the first game to show it off.

What’s with the gap?
No matter what they showed most of you would bitch about it so they just decided to let you do your bitching without spending a bunch of unnecessary money

What’s with the gap?
It’s honestly pretty bizarre that so little effort went into the fundraising brochure they are showing donors. It looks like some high school kids project he slapped together the night before it was due.

What’s with the gap?

Look at that gap!

20 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

No matter what they showed most of you would bitch about it so they just decided to let you do your bitching without spending a bunch of unnecessary money

I know what you're doing. You're trying to bait me into bitching. But uh uh, I ain't playing that game, asshole.

Edited by Steel Shank

17 hours ago, Machinator said:

The amount of gooner herp derp jokes on that twitter thread was embarrassing. 

HUH HUH GUESS YALL ARE HANGIN IT UP ALREADY HUH? GONNA MAKE SPACE FOR A NEW PARKING LOT.

Yeah good one you stupid fucks. How long did it take you to come up with those side-splitting comments. 

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

and yet... the fundraising was successful

It’s still short by a fairly decent amount but yeah it will get there. My family bought some of that lounge seating or whatever they are calling it. Thankfully we also kept our old seats in the east side club for actual game watching.

It’s still short by a fairly decent amount but yeah it will get there. My family bought some of that lounge seating or whatever they are calling it. Thankfully we also kept our old seats in the east side club for actual game watching.

And that, my friends, is how you humblebrag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, justhookit said:

surl 1 tenth of 1 percent problems

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Fuck.

Need not worry my friend ... the Jumbotron is also growing holy fuck the new one is giant. 

Mmmm... those sunshade canopy supports though - more longhorn logos. Longhorn network should change their shit and get that black outta here. 

This is all fucked if they don't get the color right. The good news is, every time they mention anything that is burnt orange, it's called "burnt orange ________". 

I'm guessing we aren't the only ones that like it extra crispy.

1 minute ago, CashMcCoy said:

I guess I could ask CDC this on Twitter, but is there not going to be student seating in the SEZ now that the bleachers have been torn to shreds?

He said in the town hall that SEZ student seating would be moved to the northeast corner.

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)