Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/4/2019 at 11:46 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

There’s only been bleachers there for like the past 10 years, Brian. 

Incorrect. There were temporary wood bleachers with about 1,500-2,000 seats located in the South end zone during the early 1960s. Picked up a few splinters on row 1 for the Rice game one season, IIRC. 

Guess Bama trying to keep up.  Just approved stadium renovations that includes a large social area with phone charging stations... 

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/06/bryant-denny-stadium-capacity-to-drop-only-slightly.html?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=aldotcomSports_sf&utm_source=twitter

Edited by LTtxfan

• 4 weeks later...

It's only slightly related but I thought this was the co op at first, and was embarrassed how they are marketing their shirts. It's poorly Photoshop logos on shirts at shop.texassports.com.

This one of the stadium would be kinda neat though once the new stadium addition is in there, although it needs to be flipped S-N for the horns logo built into the stadium to be up...

Screenshot-20190716-180645.jpg

12 hours ago, Zavala said:

It's only slightly related but I thought this was the co op at first, and was embarrassed how they are marketing their shirts. It's poorly Photoshop logos on shirts at shop.texassports.com.

This one of the stadium would be kinda neat though once the new stadium addition is in there, although it needs to be flipped S-N for the horns logo built into the stadium to be up...

Screenshot-20190716-180645.jpg

What’s with the gap?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

why can't we build something ugly fast and expensive like the Aggies did??!??!?!?!   also our renderings suck!!!!

lol renderings smenderings

*aggy

There are so many cool little (and big) features in the addition it's going to be insane. World class. Populous are some beasts. The players and coaches are going to be very happy, as well as the fans. Everyone should calm down and just let them build it and judge it then.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 3:00 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

dead mascots

Dont forget the photographers that get in BEVO's way as he gores the opposing mascots. It's probably actually a good thing there is a trench for him to drop them in. It also doubles as a moat to keep him from rushing the field during games. He is a lively guy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

this made me legitimately fucking laugh out loud

I think you guys are going to be surprised and extremely pleased by how it all turns out. I've been impressed by the things I've seen thus far on the construction and renderings. 

That being said, you're not going to be able to mock aTm for having their own barbershop anymore. We're getting one as well. Before everyone loses their mind, apparently it was one of the top things requested by the athletes. They're basically going in every new build-out that schools do for facilities. But it was so overdue and necessary. The Head Coach's office basically has a tiny window that looks out into the parking lot. This is part of Lincoln Riley's office:

Lincoln-6.jpg?resize=640,427 

Now Herman's office is going to open to a balcony that looks out onto the field with panoramic views. It will easily remove one negative recruiting tidbit schools use against us, as well as just the perception by folks comparing facilities. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Zavala said:

lol renderings smenderings

*aggy

There are so many cool little (and big) features in the addition it's going to be insane. World class. Populous are some beasts. The players and coaches are going to be very happy, as well as the fans. Everyone should calm down and just let them build it and judge it then.

this is correct 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think you guys are going to be surprised and extremely pleased by how it all turns out. I've been impressed by the things I've seen thus far on the construction and renderings. 

That being said, you're not going to be able to mock aTm for having their own barbershop anymore.

I feel like my throwaway post might have been misconstrued, so-- I was laughing at the idea of the stadium having a trench into which the corpses of sportswriters maimed/killed by Bevo could be swept, not any design aspect of the renovation. I am a huge fan of what is planned and have confident high expectations of CDC. I included the remark about renderings because I find the constant bitching in this thread about the quality of the renderings absurd and was trying to make fun of people who make that complaint. 

As to the barbershop, I know that wasn't directed at me but a general "you guys" remark, but I'll say I only ever made fun of Aggies for bragging about the barbershop like they had invented cold fusion. They weren't the first and they weren't going to be the last to get one, and I found a lot to be mocked in their fixation on the idea that the barbershop was some symbol of the New Aggie Football Powerhouse.

They have a new Kia. It's still a Kia, even if it has keyless entry. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That being said, you're not going to be able to mock aTm for having their own barbershop anymore. We're getting one as well. Before everyone loses their mind, apparently it was one of the top things requested by the athletes. They're basically going in every new build-out that schools do for facilities. But it was so overdue and necessary. The Head Coach's office basically has a tiny window that looks out into the parking lot. This is part of Lincoln Riley's office:

Lincoln-6.jpg?resize=640,427 

Now Herman's office is going to open to a balcony that looks out onto the field with panoramic views. It will easily remove one negative recruiting tidbit schools use against us, as well as just the perception by folks comparing facilities. 

:)

I usually don't care to peak into the interiors or care what is where on floor plans, but this one in particular has been interesting to me. 

Looks like the big boys got the top priority big individual meeting rooms. Then Corners and QBs. 

Also, there's a virtual reality room. 

55 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I feel like my throwaway post might have been misconstrued, so-- I was laughing at the idea of the stadium having a trench into which the corpses of sportswriters maimed/killed by Bevo could be swept, not any design aspect of the renovation. I am a huge fan of what is planned and have confident high expectations of CDC. I included the remark about renderings because I find the constant bitching in this thread about the quality of the renderings absurd and was trying to make fun of people who make that complaint. 

As to the barbershop, I know that wasn't directed at me but a general "you guys" remark, but I'll say I only ever made fun of Aggies for bragging about the barbershop like they had invented cold fusion. They weren't the first and they weren't going to be the last to get one, and I found a lot to be mocked in their fixation on the idea that the barbershop was some symbol of the New Aggie Football Powerhouse.

They have a new Kia. It's still a Kia, even if it has keyless entry. 

Yeah, man, I think I just quoted you boy accident on my phone. My apologies. I read through later and thought "why did I quote "SwanderedTalent?"

You weren't alone on the barbershop either. I groaned when I heard we were getting one. But they justified it in the presentation, so ok. I didn't want to hear how we were copying them, etc. But apparently it's in all new stadium and facility builds.

Edited by SydneyCarton

On 7/17/2019 at 9:14 AM, SydneyCarton said:

BUT ISN'T A TEXAS DEGREE REWARD ENOUGH FOR THESE ENTITLED MILLENIALS GEN ZERS???

-cranky old alumni

• Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)