Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, texifornia said:

The gigascoreboard is pretty looming from the field, I think it's a solid look from that angle.

Soooo most renderings have a three-panel layout for the visuals on this thing...in the spirit of naming shit around here, do we dub this Ghidorahtron?

6 hours ago, high side 3 way said:

For comparison. Wonder what the capacity would have been if they just made the entire lower bowl seat backs in this design?

spacer.png

Capacity does not equal attendance. Much like positive cases do not equal death (or even symptoms). 

On 8/2/2020 at 7:49 PM, Somnio said:

I don't think many would be happy unless they had matched the NEZ, which indeed would have looked better.

However, I believe the capacity of the stadium would have been around 115,000 if they would have gone that route.  That is just too damn big of a stadium.  How often would it sellout?  How many empty seats would there be for South Florida or Tulsa?

202867762_nologo.thumb.jpg.998312f349ab12765d78ae37b79912b6.jpg
leave out the upper deck and make the lower deck all seats, no bleachers. Keeps a party deck above the seats and preserves 3 gaps.

On 8/3/2020 at 8:54 AM, high side 3 way said:

For comparison. Wonder what the capacity would have been if they just made the entire lower bowl seat backs in this design?

spacer.png

You would have to demolish and find another place for the football offices and training facility if you did this. It's also boring and you lose the views of downtown out of the corner of the stadium. Thank you, Next.

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I wasn't sold at first because of the renderings, but from what I can tell from the pics, I think when it's going to be really cool when it's finished.

Was Godzillatron bigger than that?

I feel like it was.

On 8/2/2020 at 11:04 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It’s all a moot point anyway. This season will be cancelled and before the 2021 season rolls around the big 12 players will be demanding the same percentage of the revenue that the NFL players get. The next longhorn team that plays in that stadium will be a completely non scholarship team being coached by a guy making about what a history professor makes playing in front of about 5,000 fans. My daughter and I will be two of them though.

necessary-roughness.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jTower said:

Am I missing it or did the score board go all the way to the top of the structure in the renderings. It seems smaller here. 

Looks like the renderings changed over time, probably as the practicalities of installing the screen came into focus (no pun intended re: the first pic being a shitty tv grab)

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

DKR-artist-rendering-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, cdain3 said:
10 minutes ago, Pasken said:
Does it seem like they drop in most of the prefab bleachers at night?

Yep. They should be installing more tonight.

Easier on the workers or is there some other construction benefit?

Every time you lift overhead, you have to make sure the full swing radius of the crane is clear. It gets to be a bitch (and stops a lot of work) if your continually stopping work to make a lift over the top of the structure. It makes sense to do it at night with less people on site so you’re not impacting other work as much.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Does concrete have much expansion/contraction in 100 sunny degrees vs 80 non radiant degrees?  

Depends on what you consider "much."  For a 20 degree Fahrenheit rise, concrete will expand about 1.6 cm over a 100 meter length. Not a lot for a stadium, considering the preformed bleacher sections don't seem to be much longer than 15-20 meters. If it's sunny, the concrete temperature could be higher than air temperature and expand more, but not an order of magnitude more.

41 minutes ago, jTower said:

More room for taco bell ads1610610769_ScreenShot2020-08-05at11_57_52PM.thumb.png.c5775054661e4cc2b5a97c9c3723d74a.png

Since the long term trend is less people actually going to games, wouldn't the next renovation / shouldn't the next renovation be to add another scoreboard to the North end zone?

While not ideal, they can probably add a rather large one in that 'notch' in the northwest corner. But ideally it should be centered.

I wouldn't eliminate any luxury seating, but why not just take out the middle seats in the upper deck and add a screen there?

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)