Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/19/2020 at 4:06 PM, Tex Pete said:

Psssshhhh. They keep the flies with the flies, the jigs with the jigs, the hooks with the hooks, the lead weights with the lead weights, and the stink bait with the stink bait. Everything matches. 

Since the remodel, it's more about keeping the produce in the produce aisle, dairy in the dairy case...

teaser_image_457422.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Shit that’s what it looked like when I enrolled in 1997.   I think. 1997 was a while ago. Pretty sure the East expansion and field lowering/track removal was in 1998. 

One Clark field was gone and the other wasn’t the practice field anymore though. 

The track got pulled up and the field lowered prior to the 1996 season. First year of the East upper deck was 1998 season...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/16/2020 at 3:57 PM, LonghornSean said:

Yeah, think it looks great.  Will be fucking awesome when it's pulsing in orange LED lights during the build up to the team running out for a big night game (Bama 2022 for example).

They’re not doing any special lighting unfortunately. Maybe down the road it can be added.

DKRTMS has really changed, with the times, and an increase in capacity with each change. With the new SEZ project taking some of the original “capacity” away, it still creates the enclosed atmosphere, with the new seating not looking “temporary”, but adding $$$ suites is a bonus! Net effect still around 100k seating, but definitely unique!

28 minutes ago, GTNY said:

Thats very unfortunate. We are behind on our lighting and need to improve compared to others.

Yeah lights were cut due to financial reasons last I heard. Even the Longhorn emblem lights were cut. Last I heard anyways.

led lights cost $20 on amazon if we cant find the money to buy led lights for the emblem someone needs to be fired 
How about Surly raises and donates the cash for the LEDs and SurlyHorns gets the naming rights? The athletic dept will be even more willing to monetize anything and everything right about now.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 9:37 PM, Shaggybevo said:
On 8/21/2020 at 9:13 PM, hornfromdallas said:
led lights cost $20 on amazon if we cant find the money to buy led lights for the emblem someone needs to be fired 

How about Surly raises and donates the cash for the LEDs and SurlyHorns gets the naming rights? The athletic dept will be even more willing to monetize anything and everything right about now.

Screw it, find out where I need to send the check.

On 8/6/2020 at 1:01 PM, Pasken said:

When are they going to take out that random steel beam just shoved in the supports for the southwest stands?

Apparently, it's not a random piece of steel.   They're now building on top of it.    It's the open decks that the concept photos show.  Of course, in real life, they won't be open and will probably be filled with concession stands.

26 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Man, my seats are right where that big box is in that picture. Going to be weird having that right there.

Looks like they pulled the bleachers there. Unless it’s temporary, you might not have seats there any longer. But if you do, the terrace should be a bit of a sound shield from the vidya board. 

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)