Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll be good just as long as we warm up to Lee Anne Womack’s “I Hope You Dance”.  That was always a great tone setter. Maybe throw in some Shania or Whitney for big games. 

And maybe Sark could quietly lay down in the middle of the locker room and listen to In the Air Tonight on repeat for his pregame prep. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Haha 3

On 4/2/2021 at 6:29 PM, Ignatius said:

Lol, no those are two different games. David Allen definitely stuck it up our ass in 1999, but I think (too lazy to look up) they took two kickoffs/punts to the house in 2007. Might be wrong, they definitely had one

NC State?

Thanks for reminding me, BTW.

44 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I’ll be good just as long as we warm up to Lee Anne Womack’s “I Hope You Dance”.  That was always a great tone setter. Maybe throw in some Shania or Whitney for big games. 

And maybe Sark could quietly lay down in the middle of the locker room and listen to In the Air Tonight on repeat for his pregame prep. 

Maybe Big Time Rush?  They have a really popular documentary on Netflix right now so it's clear the kids are into that.  By "that," I mean manufactured never-quite-were boybands from over a decade ago.  

Huh, so here we are, then? Okay. I'll second Headband. Maybe "If I Can't" by 50 Cent. Yes it's old, but the fucking backbeat and the sentiment to the song remain strong. Maybe "Knock Knock" by Mac Miller, as its pace, tone, and lyrics on some level would all work. 

Something newer than all of that? Maybe one of these fucking emo songs where Post Malone or The Weeknd practically sob for 3 minutes. Or let's go full Gen Z shittery with a real bawler from Billie Eilish or one of the other dipshits openly whining set against some monotonous synth shit.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Huh, so here we are, then? Okay. I'll second Headband. Maybe "If I Can't" by 50 Cent. Yes it's old, but the fucking backbeat and the sentiment to the song remain strong. Maybe "Knock Knock" by Mac Miller, as it's pace, tone, and lyrics on some level would all work. 

Something newer than all of that? Maybe one of these fucking emo songs where Post Malone or The Weeknd practically sob for 3 minutes. Or let's go full Gen Z shittery with a real bawler from Billie Eilish or one of the other dipshits openly whining set against some monotonous synth shit.

Some Bobby Schmurda

59 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Huh, so here we are, then? Okay. I'll second Headband. Maybe "If I Can't" by 50 Cent. Yes it's old, but the fucking backbeat and the sentiment to the song remain strong. Maybe "Knock Knock" by Mac Miller, as it's pace, tone, and lyrics on some level would all work. 

Sam smith

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

We have plenty of Austin artists to choose from for entrance music. A little Christopher Cross, perhaps? You tell me you don't want to run through a fucking wall after Sailing or Arthur's theme. 

I had no idea that Christopher Cross was from centex until I looked him up after reading this post. Solid. Before corona, we'd take our little kids to NYC every year for one reason or another and we'd play Arthur's Theme with them in an uber and they'd sing the chorus with it. Good times. I think it would make more sense as the pump up song between the 3rd and 4th quarters though.

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I had no idea that Christopher Cross was from centex until I looked him up after reading this post. Solid. Before corona, we'd take our little kids to NYC every year for one reason or another and we'd play Arthur's Theme with them in an uber and they'd sing the chorus with it. Good times. I think it would make more sense as the pump up song between the 3rd and 4th quarters though.

So Ride Like The Wind as the pregame intro?

12 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Maybe mix in a little Michael McDonald. Go with a little "I Keep Forgettin'". Also, I don't know how we've gone this far without a couple of thrashing riffs from my man Kenny Loggins. Maybe a little "I'm Alright" somewhere in the pre-game set to really get the guys going before we blow it all the fucking way out at pregame entry with "Danger Zone", fuck yeah!

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

She’s Like the Wind and watch our opponents tremble in fear as we go crazy to Swayze. Actually, let’s quit pussyfooting around with all these half assed suggestions. Just fire up any Rocky fight preparation montage music and let’s be done with it. 

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Well, we did win a whole bunch of football games back then. Maybe there's a correlation.

I choose to believe that Womack’s masterpiece kept the seething, angry motivation created by George Thorogood and the Destroyer’s Bad to the Bone internalized and simmering until it could be unleashed to counter the surge of our opponents. 

Night game.

Stadium goes completely dark.

Then this:

That then abruptly transitions to this around the ~1:13 minute mark when fire shoots out of the new south end zone longhorn's fucking snout and the stadium lights up completely in burnt fucking orange!!!!!!. 

grammy awards metallica GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

• Hook 'Em 5

9 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Night game.

Stadium goes completely dark.

Then this:

That then abruptly transitions to this around the ~1:13 minute mark when fire shoots out of the new south end zone longhorn's fucking snout and the stadium lights up completely in burnt fucking orange!!!!!!. 

grammy awards metallica GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

thrash metal GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

I can't believe what I've been reading. We have the right coaching staff with the right mindset. We have the SEZ in place. The Texas Football Program is about to be fully functional. The universe is finally falling into place. There can only be one musical group to set things right.

The group: Wyld Stallyns....................The song: That Which Binds Us Through Time

19 hours ago, Red Five said:

We have plenty of Austin artists to choose from for entrance music. A little Christopher Cross, perhaps? You tell me you don't want to run through a fucking wall after Sailing or Arthur's theme. 

Yeah, but that's too old.  Maybe some Blancmange - that's adrenaline pumping stuff.  "Up and down, I'm up the wall, I'm up the bloody tree." Can't lose.

• Haha 1

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)