Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

26 minutes ago, Somnio said:

Opinions are like assholes, but I'm flabbergasted that anyone doesn't think that looks fucking great.  

And compared to the janky ass bleachers in the open horseshoe we had before this is some Taj Mahal level shit.

Hook em!

It looks great and it is going to be loud down there.

• Hook 'Em 4

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, PTINS said:

Apologies, photo by Apple, not Nikon.

Rest easy; from my observations it would appear the SEZ was built correctly and the new construction is symmetrical for those of you having trouble sleeping at night.

The straight red line on the photo is drawn from the north goal post to the top centerline of the new SEZ

My observations & opinion (BSME '79😞

0.  It looks $%^& assume.  Can't help but wonder what it looks like from the $10 Million seats! 

1. The structural portion of the stadium, new & old, is aligned and positioned correctly.  Everything is square and plumb as it should be.  We're Texas!!!

2. The "football field" itself is not properly "centered" within the structure.  The south goal post is too far west by ~ 1-3 ft.   Either its just the goal post, or the whole field is not centered withing the 4 walls of DKR. 

From my vantage point, and with nothing to measure with other than a Coors Light can, it is hard to pinpoint the center of the north endzone. I used the north end zone goal post and assumed the goal post itself was correctly positioned in relation to DKR, the structure, and the recognize the goal post itself may or may not be correctly positioned on Campbell-Williams Field.  Given that the current field was "laid and/or painted" 10+ years ago and the amount of constructions since then, that's a possibility.

3.  My money says move the goal post.

4. Dammit. I just realized the "X" and "A" of the "TEXAS" in the north end zone are touching!   

IMG_0752 redline.png

Goal post not centered talk not going away

13 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

For all of you (photographers, maybe) who get freaked out by horizon lines that are not straight, here's PTINS' photo with the horizon leveled.

The one thing I notice ---- and this is not an optical illusion or a distortion by the camera ---- is that the crossbar on the goalpost is not level.

1387553720_IMG_0752redline.thumb.png.d25a397bee667028907808b001d515a8.png

Told two of my friends that it didn’t look level from where I was sitting 

18 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

For all of you (photographers, maybe) who get freaked out by horizon lines that are not straight, here's PTINS' photo with the horizon leveled.

The one thing I notice ---- and this is not an optical illusion or a distortion by the camera ---- is that the crossbar on the goalpost is not level.

No, it's the field that is all cattywampus.

• Hook 'Em 2

Apologies, photo by Apple, not Nikon.
Rest easy; from my observations it would appear the SEZ was built correctly and the new construction is symmetrical for those of you having trouble sleeping at night.
The straight red line on the photo is drawn from the north goal post to the top centerline of the new SEZ
My observations & opinion (BSME '79
0.  It looks $%^& assume.  Can't help but wonder what it looks like from the $10 Million seats! 
1. The structural portion of the stadium, new & old, is aligned and positioned correctly.  Everything is square and plumb as it should be.  We're Texas!!!
2. The "football field" itself is not properly "centered" within the structure.  The south goal post is too far west by ~ 1-3 ft.   Either its just the goal post, or the whole field is not centered withing the 4 walls of DKR. 
     From my vantage point, and with nothing to measure with other than a Coors Light can, it is hard to pinpoint the center of the north endzone. I used the north end zone goal post and assumed the goal post itself was correctly positioned in relation to DKR, the structure, and the recognize the goal post itself may or may not be correctly positioned on Campbell-Williams Field.  Given that the current field was "laid and/or painted" 10+ years ago and the amount of constructions since then, that's a possibility.
3.  My money says move the goal post.
4. Dammit. I just realized the "X" and "A" of the "TEXAS" in the north end zone are touching!   

Holy fuck that XA thing is going to bug the shit out of me. Thanks!

1387553720_IMG_0752redline.thumb.png.d25a397bee667028907808b001d515a8.thumb.png.47b12f6194c0e4635cbf7777749c4772.png

No, it's the field that is all cattywampus.

909047b8ef5679b4fb5bde8122c290fd.gif
815e267c3a512cc2706e9fc972bcb0ec.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

https://texassports.com/sports/2021/4/20/sez-blog-world-class-care.aspx?id=992

While most people think of the new premium seating and gameday areas in the South End Zone (such as the Field Club seating and hospitality area), a primary reason for the historic addition is for the immense impact it will have on the health and wellbeing of our student-athletes.

With an investment of over $1M made specifically in sports medicine facilities, expansion and upgrades to the SEZ’s Athletic Training Room within the Moncrief-Neuhaus Athletic Center (MNAC) will provide state-of-the-art recovery and rehabilitation equipment. The investment also funds the latest diagnostic tools for our physicians and athletic trainers to efficiently diagnose and treat Texas student-athletes’ medical needs.

Once complete, the updated MNAC will continue to serve as the main facility for Texas Football players, but all student-athletes will have access to the leading-edge sports medicine area and services housed within the space. The facility will offer a full x-ray suite and diagnostic ultrasound services to provide the most efficient and evidence-based medical care for over 500 young men and women athletes.

An exciting new installment in this space is two large hydrotherapy pools. The pools are constructed for both efficiency and functionality, allowing more student-athletes to receive therapeutic care needed to recover from the demands of training, practice and games. The addition of float pods will also assistant in the recovery from both the physical and mental demands of being a Texas student-athlete.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/25/2021 at 1:06 PM, MAUFRAIS said:

Holy fuck that XA thing is going to bug the shit out of me. Thanks!

It’s like the juice from my purple hull peas soaked through the cornbread and ran over into the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Or to put it on a level that most on surly can understand, it’s like the ketchup on your fish sticks touched the ketchup on your french fries 

3 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

It’s like the juice from my purple hull peas soaked through the cornbread and ran over into the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Or to put it on a level that most on surly can understand, it’s like the ketchup on your fish sticks touched the ketchup on your french fries 

Oh Lord. Purple hull peas and cornbread.  Just need some onion and tomato slices and a big glass of iced tea.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Have you guys noticed how small the Longhorn logo is at midfield. Looks puny out there. The horns should stretch beyond the 40s and the whole thing should fill in all the space between the hashmarks. Plus, we need to make it holographic so that it looks right at you no matter where your seat is.

• Haha 1

100,000 Fans in Your Living Room

Easily one of the most unique features of the South End Zone is the collection of high-end premium living room boxes.

The South End Zone's 30 eight-seat living room boxes all provide the comfort of a living room experience right at home in DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium. Plush, theater-style seating is paired with four HD televisions, each programmed to broadcast Texas gameday feeds and top live games around the country. An exclusive waitstaff delivers your preferred range of all-inclusive food and select beverages, with menus inspired by one of the most respected hospitality companies in Austin (details coming soon, stay tuned!). 

In addition to the unparalleled comfort and service offered, each living box includes a personal refrigerator so you can grab a fresh, cold beverage from your seat and sit back to watch your Longhorns play. If you need a change of scenery (or refill on food or drink), stash your personal belongings and gameday items away in the secure storage space provided in your living room box and hop over to the private hospitality club exclusive to living room and loge box ticket holders.

From the deluxe seating area to the thoughtful amenities that promise you don't have to miss a second of on-field action, accommodations in the living room boxes are truly second to none. 

18 minutes ago, Askew said:

Ladies and gentleman suffering from OCD, they finally did it--took out the goalposts for our viewing pleasure. 

2021-04-30__02-41-PM-PDT.thumb.jpg.3f6f885a7a7ab884e54fc3c70de0593c.jpg

They're probably getting ready to replace the turf.

Well with 4 letters on each side of the H in Longhorns you can tell the field isn’t center with the design overall 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Great news for me and terrible news for half of you obsessives. While no pics because it was a torrential downpour, I did get confirmation that the goalposts will forever be off-center. 

Surly...

mockingjay part 2 im losing my mind GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Great news for me and terrible news for half of you obsessives. While no pics because it was a torrential downpour, I did get confirmation that the goalposts will forever be off-center. 

Meh. Make the visitor sideline smaller, center the goal post

Edited by BurntOrange&White

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)