Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/26/2018 at 6:10 PM, Tailleur17 said:

That looks...not good. There is zero flow from the existing stadium to the proposed SEZ. That doesn’t even make sense. Not up to our standards.

Also, CDC (or his intern) needs to learn to use spell check on Twitter. Happens too often. 

It'll look like older British soccer stadiums where every stand was built at a different time and style.

b993c9c8edd03ef36850cb3754b95b44.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

As been said, most of it is suites but I would not be opposed to making the capacity 1 more seat than aggy field just for the tears. 

Wouldn't last more than 2 weeks before they repaint their seating for even smaller butts, to "increase capacity."

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

It'll look like older British soccer stadiums where every stand was built at a different time and style.

b993c9c8edd03ef36850cb3754b95b44.jpg

ST. JAMES' PARK - Newcastle, UK

I looked up:
-White Heart Lane
-Stamford Bridge
-Newcastle Stadium (Got it on my third try.)

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 8:29 PM, PatSolitanojr said:

The preliminary Total Project Cost (TPC) for this project is $140,000,000. The TPC includes a Construction Cost Limitation (CCL) for the Construction Manager at Risk of $100,000,000. Fees, furnishings, equipment, other work, miscellaneous expenses, and contingencies make up the balance of the TPC.

For $40mm we'd better be getting some of these

3b83eb46336d8c37616c35788eae7d0f.jpg

• Like 2

Blow it up and build a new stadium in the shape of a longhorn

good seats on the cheeks

line the horns with HD screens and sell them as "premium" all 50 YL seating to the blue hairs. 

Profit

just don't see the west side upper deck ever coming down, the 200 club and its shade/umbrella for the prominent people sitting in sections 4 & 5 

On 4/25/2018 at 5:00 PM, Dnaguy said:

So we're just trying to replicate the 'Shoe now?! 

And make it a completely distinct, architecturally different section? Our stadium will look like Frankenstein's monster.

If we're going to just rip off an OSU, rip off the other OSU and make it more like Boone Pickens with a big ole screen in the middle and mostly luxury seats / coaches offices. We can't sell the thing out anyhow so why even add bench seats? Sitting in the south endzone sucks a big one. Let the richies sit there in luxury watching the TV broadcast and occasionally peer down on the field like they currently do?

Get rid of that horrible tinker toy architecture and keep to brick facade that is the east side and north endzone.

5407f3802b79c.image.jpg\

vs

DblR3lZU8AAqPEp.jpg

Nebraska has an equally shitty end zone configuration.  Looks to me like the Owner isn't listening to the architect.  Or the architect isn't very good.  Very sad if this is the best they can come up with.  It annoys me how they've plastered things "everybody likes" onto that rendering as if it could distract you from the fact that the design took 30-45 minutes to come up with.

I'm with Texifornia on this: why don't we have a Clock End or a Spion Kop.  Also, terracing has proven to be a bad idea. 

https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-regents-scheduled-approve-175-million-expansion-royal-memorial-stadium/

Texas officials are expected to take a major step forward on the path to renovating Royal-Memorial Stadium this week.

The UT System Board of Regents are scheduled to hear a presentation from president Gregory L. Fenves and athletic director Chris Del Conte during Thursday’s meeting. The south end zone expansion project is scheduled to cost approximately $175 million, according to the agenda book posted on Monday.

The school will raise $125 million of the total cost through gifts, according to UT documents. Pledges totaling $30 million have already been obtained. The final $50 million will be financed through debt markets and repaid from “premium seating and ticket sales.”

No taxpayer dollars and no tuition money will be used in the project, according to the school.

If regents approve the project, construction could begin in 2019 with a projected completion date in July 2021. 

University officials declined comment on Monday about the stadium expansion project. Typically, they do not speak about matters going before the regents.

Specifics about what the expansion have been kept under wraps. But Del Conte and other officials have been open about their desire to have more club seating. 

According to UT documents, the new expansion will include “new suites, clubs, loge boxes, sponsor amenities, modified fan seating, and new coaches’ offices as well as additional loading docks and facilities support spaces.”

The UT agenda book states the expansion project will complete the stadium bowl. Just like the previous expansion in 2008, “the addition at the south end zone will provide an enhanced game day experience for fans and create additional revenue for Texas athletics,” the documents state.

“This project will further support student athlete recruitment and retention and help keep football revenues at a high level,” according to the agenda book.

In April, the American-Statesman first reported on a document that shed light on UT’s wants and wishes. 

Drawings sent to UT alumni included field-level suites in the south end zone, similar to those at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. Players could walk through the club from their locker room and run onto the field. 

UT officials have stressed the goal isn’t to build a stadium larger than Texas A&M’s Kyle Field, which now has a seating capacity of 102,733 after its latest expansion. Texas officials have stressed this project would be different from just adding more bleachers.

It’s unclear how the construction project will change UT’s final capacity. The current listed capacity at Royal-Memorial Stadium is 100,119.

11 hours ago, utee94 said:

Wouldn't last more than 2 weeks before they repaint their seating for even smaller butts, to "increase capacity."

Aggy can repaint all they want, however the size of their fan's fat, lard-asses will still remain the same. The reason they dont have "t-shirt fans" is because they are all too fucking massive to wear t-shirts; they are all moo-moo fans.

18 minutes ago, thepop said:

I want to say it will look better in person but who knows. It's alright but I don't love it.

Some things in life look far better in person... As the artist rendering could appear less than spectacular as the real thing...

those party decks are pretty popular and bring in the sponsor dollars so I am OK with that (as long as they do not have a gong or a train horn for the sponsors to use)

I would like to see something where perhaps there is a level of seats over those party decks as well, but perhaps that would cost too much

I also think that there needs to be another deck of those box seats in the middle of it all instead of just that single deck of them and they should probably fill in that left corner with seats even if it is not symmetric because no one cares about a view of east Austin 

I like the idea others put forth where the end zone has more seats than planned, but they go back in to the east and west side premium areas and remove the old seats and put in wider premium seats so the overall number of seats does not grow really large

I am not that concerned with aggy or anyone else having more seats I am concerned with a premium experience and also having enough seats that people can still get some decent seats for a fair price and getting the fucking place sold out......there is nothing to brag about when you have 105,000 seats and 15,000 of them are empty

I understand I just said to put more premium seats in that end zone, but those type of seats are for the casual fan that shows up late and leaves early and is there to be seen (like dallas stars fans) so they will still sell them out because Austin has plenty of that and they can get plenty of money for nice chair back wide seats in between the 20s on the east and west side lower deck

15 minutes ago, thepop said:

The Longhorn thing might be one thing that looks worse in person.

Let's hope there is plenty of wiggle room in that area... And an ability to place an emblem in the opening, as to "conform to the shape of the school's logo"...

I thought the plan was to "bowl" this stadium.....this is not a bowl, and looks incomplete.  Did they just decide that the skyline of Austin needed to be seen, thus no closure?  Fans do not come to a football stadium so they can admire the skyline.  Gzzzzzzzzzxx.   Don't stop dudes.  I submitted my ideas some time ago, but apparently, that does not matter.

• Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)