Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the cost to bowl it in added to much as you'd have to demolish parts of Section 1 and 34 to wrap it around, similar to how the NEZ was redone. Cheaper to just bring the SEZ down and build up without touching the existing stadium. Though you'd have to think they've left some money on the table by removing the option to have more suites that could naturally wrap around. 

This is a 15 year (maybe) fix. DKR will always be a work in progress. Three things it checks off:

1. Better facilities for players
2. Improved seating in SEZ
3. More lux box income

And those scoffing the Longhorn feature in the SEZ need to recalibrate to how awesome that will look with great lighting and drone footage during a night game in particular. That's gif fucking central right there.

So only two sides of the stadium will be similar? There were so many ways to go about this, and I feel like they dropped the ball. The floor suites are a terrible idea; media and cameramen are gonna get in the way. If you decide to glass that in, make that the weight room looking out onto the field. The endzone needs to be attached. And who gives a shit about seeing the Austin skyline? Wouldn't you want everyone focused on the game anyway? It's hard enough to get people loud but to now attribute with an over the top fancy endzone that gives you a view of something else other than the field and the play goin on? RIDICULOUS! Need to get rid of that longhorn in the middle of the stands. It needs to be equal to the other endzone and maybe figure out a different way to only add a couple thousand more seats.  Turn some levels into more suites maybe?  Let the band play at halftime then a couple songs from whichever singer/rapper/performer is popular at the time to keep asses in the seats even at halftime. Feel like that would also attribute to more people in general attending. Where in the picture are the coaches offices looking out of? Feel like an awning around the tops would also help the experience and keeping the sound in. 

16 minutes ago, Longhorn Fever said:

Ha, I was thinking project the Capitol Building and skyline onto a portion of the bigger, better adzillatron.

Yup, that's exactly what I suggested when the renderings first came out.  That way pretty much everyone in the stadium could see the downtown views, instead of the ~2% that currently can.

Comparing seating capacity is like comparing undergraduate enrollment. A&M has more students than us. Fine. Who fucking cares? We have a new medical school and the US Army Futures Command along with multiple best-of-the-best colleges (business, engineering, etc). We don't have the same mission as Texas A&M. We never did. They've gone from turning out dudes who stick their arms up cow vaginas to the Arizona State of the SEC, just a big mostly pointless four-year "university" that anyone with a pulse can get into.

FUCK THEM. They are irrelevant to what we're doing whether it's varsity athletics, intramural Quidditch, or academics. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 9

26 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Comparing seating capacity is like comparing undergraduate enrollment. A&M has more students than us. Fine. Who fucking cares? We have a new medical school and the US Army Futures Command along with multiple best-of-the-best colleges (business, engineering, etc). We don't have the same mission as Texas A&M. We never did. They've gone from turning out dudes who stick their arms up cow vaginas to the Arizona State of the SEC, just a big mostly pointless four-year "university" that anyone with a pulse can get into.

FUCK THEM. They are irrelevant to what we're doing whether it's varsity athletics, intramural Quidditch, or academics. 

Agreed 100%. Let them have the biggest. That way, when you reply to their smug proclamation of such with a calm “I don’t give a fuck”, they will be all the more confused

45 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The model should be more premium seats and better value for fans.  No one wants to pay money to sit on shitty end zone bleachers like aggy has.  Not in the era where everyone has a flat screen and every game is televised.  

Agreed. The "biggest stadium" era is over now that the in-home experience is so good. Improving the quality of the fan experience at the game is much more important than stadium size.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I think we should design it so it intentionally has a capacity that is 1 seat less than Kyle field just so they know how little we care about them. 

Initially state we are 118 seats over aggy capacity & then retract the statement after they spend a few million tacking in 119 seats.

On 8/9/2018 at 6:26 PM, Bullneck said:

DblR3lZU8AAqPEp.jpg

Looks like they added terraces and changed the wall at the premium end zone seats (an ironic term).

I don’t like that it doesn’t connect.  Seems like they are just trying to save money and it’s lazy.  I could understand needing 1 entry tunnel to get Bevo and Smokey on the field but the second serves no real practical purpose and is unnecessary.

In addition I really wish they’d add a concourse like they did on the North side even if it went behind the club seats so that you could get to the food trucks from the West side.

6 hours ago, rantanamo said:

There's nothing in their proposal that couldn't be built into this context. 

170406080358313913.jpg

That stadium would have a capacity of like a 120,000 we would never fill that thing. College football attendance is going down across the board adding even more seats is the last thing we need todo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

That stadium would have a capacity of like a 120,000 we would never fill that thing. College football attendance is going down across the board adding even more seats is the last thing we need todo.

Make most of the lower bowl the football complex and you’d get a pretty capacity neutral result. 

Or we can continue on with the completely non matching version of the end zone. 

I’d rather they just build the new football facility and come back to completing the bowl when the time and money were right than rushing ahead with the Frankendzone they’ve proposed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Make most of the lower bowl the football complex and you’d get a pretty capacity neutral result. 

Or we can continue on with the completely non matching version of the end zone. 

I’d rather they just build the new football facility and come back to completing the bowl when the time and money were right than rushing ahead with the Frankendzone they’ve proposed. 

Frankendzone it is. 

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)