Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

Looks like shit. 

Keep it simple.  Bowl it up.

We have $$$$--- invest it in a nice stadium (see rantanamo's rendering).

And what's all this  cost-cutting talk?  Are we rich (bitch) or not?

What's the point of being #1 in revenue when fuckers are cutting coupons to build this shit?

It sucks, this rendering.

Edited by Shaggy3.0

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

The elephant in the room is our west side upper deck.  It really breaks the continuity of things and isn't easily integrated in.  

There has been some talk (nothing official) that after the SEZ that the next major step would be renovation the entities West side, primarily to cram in more boxes and to give the infrastructure some much needed improvements.  If they made the SEZ match the NEZ and East upper deck then I’d bet the West side would eventually match, but with the SEZ party plaza or whatever they are calling it I doubt they’ll tell ever fully tear down the West side upper deck.

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

The elephant in the room is our west side upper deck.  It really breaks the continuity of things and isn't easily integrated in.  

It does not allow for a uniform look. But at the same time I really like that it isn’t some perfect symmetrical bowl. It keeps the look of DKR very unique. It does need massive facility improvements however 

5 hours ago, taybo20 said:

It does not allow for a uniform look. But at the same time I really like that it isn’t some perfect symmetrical bowl. It keeps the look of DKR very unique. It does need massive facility improvements however 

4 hours ago, jTower said:

^ this would be ideal but if we have to compromise perhaps:

dkrnez_zpslkfjksvv.jpg

TSRH

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I've heard the idea was to put a matching upper deck on the east side but that fell apart.  Anyone know anything about this?

I believe the views of downtown issue helped out the kabash on that idea. 

I believe it was line of site to the Capital. Particularly from the balcony at the LBJ library. There are a lot of places across town that are supposed to have an unobstructed view of the capital.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:13 AM, Shaggy3.0 said:

Looks like shit. 

Keep it simple.  Bowl it up.

We have $$$$--- invest it in a nice stadium (see rantanamo's rendering).

And what's all this  cost-cutting talk?  Are we rich (bitch) or not?

What's the point of being #1 in revenue when fuckers are cutting coupons to build this shit?

It sucks, this rendering.

anyone who doesn't want to expand it to 500,000 no a MILLION is a fucking pussy 

So you’re building premium seats in the end zone? You guys have more money than god. OSU, TCU, KSU all tore down or completely rebuilt the press box side to add premium. Surely you guys can afford to do the same while keeping the exterior character consistent. USC is doing it in a historic landmark. Put some of that LHN loot and BMD funds to do it right. Don’t go frankenaggy. The stadium at OU is a bit of a frankenstein too. Be the change.

50 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So you’re building premium seats in the end zone? You guys have more money than god. OSU, TCU, KSU all tore down or completely rebuilt the press box side to add premium. Surely you guys can afford to do the same while keeping the exterior character consistent. USC is doing it in a historic landmark. Put some of that LHN loot and BMD funds to do it right. Don’t go frankenaggy. The stadium at OU is a bit of a frankenstein too. Be the change.

There’s already an east side club and north end zone club. This is next evolution. 

Having had field seats for last years Texas vs USC game I can say that was a kickass experience. 

Texas would be foolish to close in south end zone and not have some sort of club. 

• Like 1

Perhaps we can add some assisted living and luxury nursing home boxes too.

Don’t forget the hologram projectors for the student section to make it appear as if the student body showed up, yelled, and GAF.

I don’t care about what DKR may evolve into , I will love whatever it becomes if we start winning.

Winning is the best architectural feature.

Edited by El Squared

On 8/11/2018 at 7:18 PM, 1978horn said:

I believe it was line of site to the Capital. Particularly from the balcony at the LBJ library. There are a lot of places across town that are supposed to have an unobstructed view of the capital.

CAPITOL

• Like 1

We're Texas is never over but our facilities have been horribad, Disch is the only with a shot, once we get rid of the field turf it will be a gem. Drum has no fix, hope they get the new place right with its design but I am not confident because we want the non-bball revenue. DKR has so many flaws with its design but it's big. I'll reserve judgment until I walk this new South Endzone but IMO it will improve the design flaws that make DKR almost impossible to be a place visitors hate to visit. We have about 25 rows too many on both the east & west lower decks. 

Also the 200 club on the west side. SEZ is the only place left for premium unless you want to remove the upper deck.

This is what we should do, bowl in the SEZ with additional seating, some suites and keep it simple...then completely remodel the west side, remove/redo the upper deck and integrate all the other social club standing room bullshit along with more valuable suites. Ultimately, would add suites and move seats from the west to the SEZ.

6 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

That shit looks tacky and is borderline shameful. At least aggy had excuses for why their shit looks like Dick. This looks like if UH hit the PowerBall. 

Have some fucking class Belmont.

I guess the whole “we’re Texas” thing is over. 

We’re Texas has been over since 2009.

8 hours ago, Goodman said:

design flaws that make DKR almost impossible to be a place visitors hate to visit. 

The only thing that makes DKR a place visitors hate to visit is raising our talent level to where it was in the mid/late 00s. We don't need a fucking architectural overhaul to accomplish that, we just need a big, fast, mean football team. 

Nice jungle gym of a sentence by the way.

8 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

That shit looks tacky and is borderline shameful. At least aggy had excuses for why their shit looks like Dick. This looks like if UH hit the PowerBall. 

Have some fucking class Belmont.

I guess the whole “we’re Texas” thing is over. 

oh boo fucking hoo, I don't like the tiny scrunched-up JPG of the artist's rendering of what the stadium might look like, we're as bad as A&M

We got a real cotillion of the best Surly has to offer on this thread, between the Grey Poupon/bespoke suit crowd and the MAKE EEYIT LOUDR'N A MONSTER TRUCK ROLLY goons

21 minutes ago, Dewey said:

The whole "we're Texas" thing should be over, it's that line of thinking, the arrogance, that gets us in trouble. If you look around college sports, lots of people have lots of money.

Is there a photoshop contest?

i bet you're a lot of fun at parties...

The dumbest thing about this is the field level luxury suites.
Those are the absolute worst seats in the entire stadium.
They will bring in a shit ton of money from well heeled people who aren't worried about sightlines or screaming their lungs out on the 50 yard line. They're going to spend tens of thousands a year in order to see the players & coaches run by them 3 times a game. The rest of the time they'll watch the action on big screens while eating, drinking and schmoozing clients. It ain't rocket surgery.

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The dumbest thing about this is the field level luxury suites.

Those are the absolute worst seats in the entire stadium.

Totally agree, but doesn't mean they won't fill'em. Not everyone with more money than they know what to do with goes to games to actually watch the game.

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)